PDA

View Full Version : Dell Buys Alienware

BobtheCkroach
03-23-2006, 02:26 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060322/ap_on_hi_te/dell_alienware_5

I wonder what this means? Will Alienware computers get cheaper now that they're backed by bigger money? Will Alienware compromise quality for a lower price now that dell is backing it? I would love to see the sexy alienware machines get cheaper now that Dell is backing them! Dell doesn't sell AMD machines - will they force this rule on Alienware?

I'm curious.

ME BIGGD01
03-23-2006, 03:20 AM
They would be stupid to get rid of the AMD platform from alienware. It is what has gave that company the edge. No matter what, people did not buy from alienware because of their look but from the performance of the systems they created. This was known to happen as the head trooper over at voodoo mentioned it weeks ago. I doubt Alienware will change much and if it does, people will look at it just like a dell unit. So the real question is, did Dell buy them out to rid the competition or to be able to sell AMD chips?

Caged Anger
03-23-2006, 03:22 AM
bah, i hate conglomerates killing small businesses that were doing just fine :<

Oscar(WCFD)
03-23-2006, 03:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060322/ap_on_hi_te/dell_alienware_5

I wonder what this means? Will Alienware computers get cheaper now that they're backed by bigger money? Will Alienware compromise quality for a lower price now that dell is backing it? I would love to see the sexy alienware machines get cheaper now that Dell is backing them! Dell doesn't sell AMD machines - will they force this rule on Alienware?

I'm curious.

From the article:
Dell said Alienware would operate as a wholly owned subsidiary and will keep its brand name and its own product development, marketing, sales, technical support and other operations.

Doesn't sound like much will change except who owns the company

Pure_Evil
03-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Maybe cheaper gaming rigs in the long run.
Dell has started agressively pursuing gamers lately anyway, maybe now they'll just go back to business and home PC's and just pimp Alienware.