PDA

View Full Version : doom 2 with engine from doom 3?

MassacreAL
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
i think doom 2 is funnier and with better gameplay than doom 3. when i was disscusing about this topic with my classmate, i told him doom 2 with engine from doom 3 would be very good game and he told me someone already done it. do you know something about that?

you can also say here if you know more mods for doom 1 or 2, becouse these games are legends and i know many ppl who still play them from time to time

BobtheCkroach
03-30-2006, 08:54 PM
i think doom 2 is funnier and with better gameplay than doom 3. when i was disscusing about this topic with my classmate, i told him doom 2 with engine from doom 3 would be very good game and he told me someone already done it. do you know something about that?

you can also say here if you know more mods for doom 1 or 2, becouse these games are legends and i know many ppl who still play them from time to time

I never understand the draw to Doom 1 and 2. I played them through back in the day, but if I'm gonna play a nostalgic game, I'm gonna play quake 1. that game freakin' rocked.

I just purchased a copy of it on eBay, but when it came it was just the shareware version :( Someone's getting a negative rating!

and I personally loved Doom3.

For what you're talking, though - that would actually be a Doom 3 mod, not a doom 2 mod. I'm sure you knew that, it just sounded like you were asking for a Doom 2 mod to make it run like the D3 engine.

I can't tell you the name offhand, but I know you can get either a mod or a total conversion that brings in Dynamic lighting and openGL to doom 1/2, allowing them to have free look and such.

JIMINATOR
03-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I just purchased a copy of it on eBay, but when it came it was just the shareware version :( Someone's getting a negative rating!

wow, that must have seriously hurt. reminds me of the guy that paid like $370 for an empty x-box box.... duh!

Seriously Deadly
03-30-2006, 11:55 PM
wow, that must have seriously hurt. reminds me of the guy that paid like $370 for an empty x-box box.... duh!
lol, was that on the news or something?

BobtheCkroach
03-31-2006, 02:36 AM

It didn't hurt too bad - I mean, it was quake 1, and I paid a whole 8 bucks for it, so it wasn't exactly the end of the world...just annoying. I never actually beat q1, so I was excited about the idea of finally playing it through.

BlackWolf
03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Proberly this ur looking for

http://cdoom.d3files.com/

MR. SLiK
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
someone paid 500 for an email address that said xbox360@gmail.com...

MassacreAL
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Proberly this ur looking for

http://cdoom.d3files.com/
yes, that was what i was looking for. thanx! :thumbs: