PDA

View Full Version : Weird Problem

He Is Legend
04-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Alright..so

I was fooling around on the comp and noticed when i press ctrl,alt,del my window pops up for like 3-4 seconds and closes?..same thing happens when I open run..only stays up for like 3-4 seconds..

No idea..any help would be appreciated

Caged Anger
04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
(insert blank stare here)

downloaded anything new lately?

He Is Legend
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
No

Anyone else?

Caged Anger
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
what virus scan program are you using?

try doing an online scan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm?sitepanda=particulares

also, if you are using avast or another program that allows you, boot time scans work really good. Norton allows this by inserting the install CD

ME BIGGD01
04-04-2006, 01:50 PM
What does fooling around mean?

Is it possible you have some spyware or worm running in your system?

Can you run "taskmgr" in the run cmd?

Prss windows key and r at the same time and type "taskmgr" click ok or hit enter. Does it open it up?

If not, look at whats running by going to cmd prompt and click tasklist and see if there is anything that does not look right.

windows key and r at the same time, type cmd and dos window will open up. at the command prompt type "tasklist"

BobtheCkroach
04-04-2006, 02:13 PM
What does fooling around mean?

Is it possible you have some spyware or worm running in your system?

Can you run "taskmgr" in the run cmd?

Prss windows key and r at the same time and type "taskmgr" click ok or hit enter. Does it open it up?

If not, look at whats running by going to cmd prompt and click tasklist and see if there is anything that does not look right.

windows key and r at the same time, type cmd and dos window will open up. at the command prompt type "tasklist"

Well, fooling around means when you're touching a bit, but not doing anything serious...:P J/K

I didn't know about the tasklist command - thanks for that, bigg - that'll be useful at some point, I guarentee. I didn't know about windowskey->r either - that'll definitely save time over start->run everytime! :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Once you get the hang of the shortcuts, it makes things easier and quicker. The learning process takes time but worth to learn it and get into the habit which makes ya breeze through it. I've decided to start showing people these ways to make them get in these habits instead of always using the mouse. I laugh at the people who get their simple A+ test and still know nothing where as when I took it years ago, you actually had to know something. Like the MS certifications are also easier today then some of us older folk who took them 10-15 years ago. The test I alway like to give someone is letting them fix a computer without a mouse or having them need to use dos commands. There is a friend I have I love to mess with and usually screw with his pc. He went to one of those schools where they think they can teach you everything in 10 months. I always bring him down to earth when I F with him.

Some goodies that us older people do such as
Take a screen print of a MS message and make it there wallpaper.
The BSOD screensaver in the startup
Changing Icons and renaming them to start something else
A farting noise everytime the pc is turned on.

LOL, there are so many more that maybe some can relate to as far as pranks go in an office.

Die Hard
04-04-2006, 03:16 PM
One of the best old ones was: Press Ctrl for a Coffee holder and your CD Drive would pop out :D

Caged Anger
04-04-2006, 06:28 PM
hehe, thats a good one DH

how's it coming chaotic?

He Is Legend
04-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I got everything clean guys, I ran a couple programs and found a trojan :x...thats the first "anything" related to spyware or viruses ive had on my computer in 2-3 years

But i really do appreciate all the help guys :thumbs:

And Biggs, those are classic :p

ME BIGGD01
04-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Good deal, I figured it was a virus. :thumbs: