PDA

View Full Version : remember, remember...

DiTomasso
04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
the fifth of November.

Yes Dr.J and me went to V for Vendetta. Great movie, gripping from the start till the end.
You did needed to stay focused all time, otherwise you missed important info.

Interesting part or maybe the scary part, the reflection on our community :thumbs:

I give it a nine on a scale of ten :wave:

Die Hard
04-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Sounds good...

Caged Anger
04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
it was a good movie, greatly enjoyed it

BobtheCkroach
04-14-2006, 05:00 PM
He he! I saw "remember, remember" and thought "oh! Did someone start a V thread?!" It was a freakin' great movie, in my opinion. There were a lot of political opinions that were obvious throughout the movie, which I didn't care for (partly b/c I don't agree, partly b/c I go to a movie for entertainment, not for a lecture) but they weren't too intrusive and the movie didn't focus on them, so I was OK with that.

From a movie standpoint, everything - acting, directing, art, etc - was absolutely fantastic.

In addition to Lucky Number Slevin and maybe one or two more, it's @ the top of my 2006 movies list.

SoulReaver
04-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Probably won't be able to catch it at the movies, so I'm gonna have to wait till it comes out in theatres :( Looked great

BTW, Lucky Number Slevin was good? It didn't get such good reviews and I didn't like the commercials too much.

DiTomasso
04-14-2006, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=BobtheCkroach]He he! I saw "remember, remember" and thought "oh! Did someone start a V thread?!" It was a freakin' great movie, in my opinion. QUOTE]

:D thats why i started with remember,remember , this line really got to you :thumbs:

Next on the to go list: Silent Hill and Davinci Code :wave:

Asian Invasian
04-16-2006, 06:47 AM
omg, so many amazing movies are coming out

I think V for vendetta is by far one of the best movies i have ever seen. Its so legit.

I got goosebumps watching the ending haha tahts how amazing it is :)

BobtheCkroach
04-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Probably won't be able to catch it at the movies, so I'm gonna have to wait till it comes out in theatres :( Looked great

BTW, Lucky Number Slevin was good? It didn't get such good reviews and I didn't like the commercials too much.

I loved it, personally. I've never put more than a little value into a review. I tend to be far more accepting that most reviewers, for better or for worse.

I frankly thought it was clever and fun. I'll be buying it when it hits DVDs.

BobtheCkroach
04-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Next on the to go list: Silent Hill

I'm about 99.9% sure that this is going to be like every other video game turned movie and blow to an obscene amount.

Caged Anger
04-16-2006, 12:34 PM
lol, my thoughts are with Bob's. After seeing Doom the moviue, i am fairly sure that video game movies just have not hit their time yet

EXEcution
04-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm about 99.9% sure that this is going to be like every other video game turned movie and blow to an obscene amount.
Judging by the cast and more importantly the director Christophe Gans who has done good work in the past with Brotherhood of the Wolf. I think he prolly is one of the few directors nowadays who can build up suspense and still be able to tell a well though out story.

Keep in mind that Silent Hill is not Doom (which had virtually no story line). It is a horror game with a unique story and a REALLY creepy atmosphere. If Gans can bring this atmosphere to life via CG then he would have succeeded. The film will speak for itse;f when it comes out on Friday.

rancid monkey
04-18-2006, 09:05 AM
lol, my thoughts are with Bob's. After seeing Doom the moviue, i am fairly sure that video game movies just have not hit their time yet

I knew doom was going to suck right from when they said The Rock was going to play one of the main parts :banghead:

He Is Legend
04-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Whoever says Silent Hill looks to be a lame movie...wow...

BobtheCkroach
04-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Whoever says Silent Hill looks to be a lame movie...wow...

I never said it *looked* to be lame...I just said that I expect it to be.