PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

BobtheCkroach
04-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Has anyone seen anything for this title yet? I'm not a fan at all of handhelds, but my love for Zelda is going to make me seriously consider buying a DS just for this game!

http://www.ugo.com/E3/Content/ProductViewer.aspx?ProductId=70

There's a trailer that you can get to from there in addition to the description.

They're actually going to be rendering it using cell-shading, the same as Wind Waker. They're also going to actually have parts of the game in full 3D, and he looks just as good as in the GC game! :eek:

They look to do some very kewl stuff w/ the stylus - they show a spot where they draw the path of the Boomerang w/ teh stylus and then it goes flying! That's awesome!

I gotta say, for a guy that has all but given up on consoles, and definitely given up on handhelds...i'm likin' the look of this!

SALvation
04-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Between this, the 2-D Mario, and the DS Lite, I admit I am very tempted.

MR. SLiK
04-20-2006, 06:20 PM
was already a must buy for me when i saw it first revealed at GDC.

MR. SLiK
04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I gotta say, for a guy that has all but given up on consoles, and definitely given up on handhelds...i'm likin' the look of this!

why and why? There are some many good games spread out, you must be a pessimist.

BobtheCkroach
04-20-2006, 06:38 PM
why and why? There are some many good games spread out, you must be a pessimist.

Because it's been 5+ years since I've seen enough good console games to warrant it. I didn't enjoy many from the N64 era, and I've enjoyed even less during the GC era. Almost every game for the PS2 and X-box that I've thought looked interesting are available for PC as well, so there's no reason to buy into that. Frankly, Zelda is about the only game left that I give a crap about from the console sector. I've hated both of the mario/luigi titles for the GC, and while the Mario sports games are all fun, they lose their appeal within the realm of 1-2 rentals. The value is just gone, in my opinion.

As for handhelds, it's just hard for me to justify spending the money on a game that's a whopping 2 inches big, even including Zelda. I'd rather spend more money on the PC or (if I was to get one) console games.

and frankly, I don't see why not liking console games makes me a pessimist.

Seriously Deadly
04-21-2006, 01:33 AM
I have a DS :D I also love the Zelda's on N64 and GC plus the Gameboy. Im gonna ask my dad to buy me it when its released.