PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE!! RIAA getting REALLY aggressive!!!!

JIMINATOR
04-24-2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31181

RIAA sues family without computer for filesharing

Well, heck

By INQUIRER staff: Sunday 23 April 2006, 10:34

THE RECORDING Industry Association of America (RIAA) has sued a family for sharing files over the Internet. But the family doesn't have a PC, never mind Internet access.
The Rockmart Journal said James Walls was shocked by the court filing.

Nevertheless, according to a lawsuit filed by the RIAA, a member of the family has infringed on the copyright of a number of toons including "Who will Save your Soul" and "I won't forget you".

Caged Anger
04-24-2006, 11:02 PM
wow, thats kicking it up a notch :rofl:

EXEcution
04-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I believe the thread name should be the RIAA is getting REALLY stupid. They see that they can't bust millions of people who use filesharing because they could always sue the wrong person and end up getting pwned in court. So they just sue "the unaware public" ( it would be more persise to say stupid I mean who doesn't own a PC nowadays) and make people think that they can catch ANYONE when really they lack the resources and the knowledge to do so.

As another example a couple years back the sued a girl('s family) because the 13-16 year old was downloading music over a PAID Kazaa service. So the RIAA made it clear that if the money isn't going to them they have a problem with it.

Seriously Deadly
04-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Well, did these people have to pay ? Or did they straiten it up