PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie and ethical question :)

snail1
04-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm french (so please excuse me if my english is bad). I came here to meet new gamers, but also because I want to promote a new game I love. The only games I play are racing game.
I'm 30, and stopped playing game 15 years ago (I was an amstrad, then amiga addicted !). I used to play free trial version of games regularly (for the 2 last years), and was quite satisfied with that until I discovered an online futuristic spaceships race.
I love racing games, discovered trackmania nations few weeks ago, I’m getting quite addicted, that’s not cool (yes it is !).

Cheers,

Snail :)

PS : What about the ethical question ???
2 months ago, I discovered a game I'm addicted to. It's a great innovative game, an online multiplayer futuristic shoot and race game (with spaceships).
The developpers have spent all their money to do a great game and don't have any left to make it be more known...
That's why, we, players, decided to help by trying to speak of it to the gamers' communities.

I would like to share the info with you so you could discover it (and so we could be more players to race and have fun), and probably like it, lol.Do you think I could post a thread about that game I love or would it be considered like spam ? Because the only thing I want to do is to manage to have more players to meet and race with, I’m a gamer, and I think that kind of independant game deserves to be known. That’s why I want to share the information with you :)

NightBreed
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi Snail1..welcome to GM !!

As far as your question goes, I'm sure chatting about a game you play won't be a problem here. Just be sure it doesn't turn into an advertising thread for your own interests..

FUS1ON
04-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Post the information about the game and like Nightbreed pointed out, as long as it doesn't turn into an advertising thread for your own interests it should not be a problem.

snail1
04-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Thank you for those quick replies :)
But the problem is to know where the limit is...
If I put a link to the game's website, that will probably be considered like advertising, but if I don't, people won't look at this game I love and will also tell me :
"Why didn't you put the link you stupid idiot ???"

My main problem is that, as I'm a really addicted player, my thread could look like advertising...
I'll post it and you can say to me if something's wrong about it ;)

Thanks again for those quick replies :)

Edit : If you're interested about knowing which game I was speaking about (I bet nobody heard about it before :), here's the thread :
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?p=679347#post679347

Go and try it, it's really fun and addictive :)

As I said on the other thread, any feedback is welcome :) (even if you didn't like the game).

Our community is very friendly so don't hesitate to come and play with us :) The game is quite new (only frenchs know it), we only have two persons (including an italian) on the english forum yet (lol)... so if you like the game, don't hesitate to come and tell it on astronoid's forum, you'll see french people are cool and lots of us can speak englis

PyronoX
04-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey snail1 :wave:

Enjoy :devil:

snail1
05-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Thank you :)

But you're "enjoy" with the devil is a bit frightening ! :D

MassacreAL
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
welcome here :wave: btw, where did you found gamemecca?

snail1
05-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it was by googling "video games forums" I then found "big boards" website where I found yours.

Cyborg
05-02-2006, 07:10 PM
welcome:thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
05-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Good job w/ posting it w/o getting into the advertising part, and congratulations on being the first newb I can remember to actually take the time to consider what he's doing before posting (myself included! :P)

Welcome to GM! :thumbs:

Lady Doom
05-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Welcome :wave:

Suicidal
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
heh brilliant. NIce find.

welcome to our humble lair...

snail1
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks a lot :)
I've just seen today that there was a second page on the topic, lol.

Siron Ex
05-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome :wave:

PyronoX
05-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Thank you :)

But you're "enjoy" with the devil is a bit frightening ! :D
Hehe i always write that to new members :D

Enjoy :devil: