PDA

View Full Version : Bleep Yeah!, Microsoft! :D

BobtheCkroach
05-06-2006, 11:22 PM
This has the possibility of being really cool:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060505-6757.html

Of course, while it's nice that they could do all this for the Oscars, Grammys, super bowl, etc...it won't actually happen, since this thing won't prevent stuff like Janet Jackson's breast...

Still, the thought of being able to be playing a game and shutting off the swearing would be nice. There are people that can swear and it's fine, and then there are those that swear to swear and it gets so annoying..this would be a great shutoff for that!

Die Hard
05-07-2006, 12:08 AM
*** ****** ** *** **** *** **, ******* ***. :P

Edit: Sal installed it already!

BobtheCkroach
05-07-2006, 12:15 AM
ROFL! :thumbs:

:rofl:

EXEcution
05-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Goodbye 1st Amendment rights. :P

JK OFC. Although in gaming if someone is cursing excessively there is always the option to block him (never encountered a girl using voice-chat in game before).

Maybe soon enough they will make image filters so there won't be a repeat of a Janet Jackson-type incident.

BobtheCkroach
05-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Goodbye 1st Amendment rights. :P

JK OFC. Although in gaming if someone is cursing excessively there is always the option to block him (never encountered a girl using voice-chat in game before).

Maybe soon enough they will make image filters so there won't be a repeat of a Janet Jackson-type incident.

True, you can block them....but what if that annoying person is on YOUR team or something?

"I'm at the west ****ing wall - he's spraying **** every-****ing-where. **** this I'm coming back to the ****ing base."

You don't necessarily want to hear that, but you do want to hear..."I'm at the west wall...i'm coming back to the base" etc.

EXEcution
05-07-2006, 01:20 AM
True, you can block them....but what if that annoying person is on YOUR team or something?

"I'm at the west ****ing wall - he's spraying **** every-****ing-where. **** this I'm coming back to the ****ing base."

You don't necessarily want to hear that, but you do want to hear..."I'm at the west wall...i'm coming back to the base" etc.
:D Actually I would cuz anyone who is that dedicated deserves to be heard.

JIMINATOR
05-07-2006, 04:07 AM
not sure why our society has such a bias against cursing. i don't do it myself, but for many people it is a part of their speech. maybe a little bit of outrageousness to punctuate a point. yeah, as a kid i had lots of buddies that liked to throw at least five cuss words in every sentence they spoke. i guess that was their little mild rebellion against the man. if an adult talks like that though, you have to figure that they are stupid, or otherwise unable to express themselves in an effective fashion. still though, the occasional cursing, well, that is the way people talk. banning it IMO is just stoopid. Even in these forums there are lots of f**k, s**t and so forth. somehow the asterisks make the words less 'offensive'....

anyway, the technology would not make tv be live, instead of a 5 second delay at the station you would have a 2 second delay in the computer.

NastyDawg
05-07-2006, 01:55 PM
not sure why our society has such a bias against cursing. i don't do it myself, but for many people it is a part of their speech. maybe a little bit of outrageousness to punctuate a point. yeah, as a kid i had lots of buddies that liked to throw at least five cuss words in every sentence they spoke. i guess that was their little mild rebellion against the man. if an adult talks like that though, you have to figure that they are stupid, or otherwise unable to express themselves in an effective fashion. still though, the occasional cursing, well, that is the way people talk. banning it IMO is just stoopid. Even in these forums there are lots of f**k, s**t and so forth. somehow the asterisks make the words less 'offensive'....

anyway, the technology would not make tv be live, instead of a 5 second delay at the station you would have a 2 second delay in the computer.

S**t good point!::banghead: