PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Home Vs Pro

BlackWolf
05-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I guy i work with asked me the other day what the difference between the 2 versions is and actually i dont know myself how much difference is there ?

and if u are a regular user like me that plays surf the net etc. are there any bennefits over the Pro than Home ?

Caged Anger
05-21-2006, 12:44 PM
um...there are only a few things I can think of, namely they disable some of the more advanced administrative features. Other than that, I can't think of anything. other guys probably know more

EXEcution
05-21-2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

Yay for Google.

BlackWolf
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Thx Exe :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
05-21-2006, 05:05 PM
How To: enable most of Windows XP pro features on Home Edition? ;)

start > run > type "regedit" > ok

in registry editor:
find folder HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SYSTEM
inside there find section ControlSet with the highest value (for example ControlSet001 and ControlSet003, then we choose 003 one)
open it
now go to section Control
then find and choose „ProductOptions”

In Home Edition's registry there is a parameter called „ProductSuite”, wich's type is Multi-string with value „personal”. This registry's key needs to be deleted and replaced with new key with name „Brand” (DWORD tips) wich value is 0.

Now, close regedit, and reboot.
when booting up, press F8 and choose "load last known good configuration"
There we go, now we have Windows XP Pro with all of features unlocked at Home Edition. To set everything back in original configuration just do every step in reverse. :)

this is NOT illegal, The microsoft has allowed us to use registry editor, so why shouldnt we use it for our own good?