View Full Version : Blood Money Demo

BobtheCkroach
05-22-2006, 05:32 PM
The demo for Hitman: Blood Money, the latest in the series, is now available:

http://files.filefront.com/HitmanBloodMoney+Demo/;5075490;;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy :thumbs:

Dangerous Dan
05-22-2006, 05:38 PM
started downloading at 9:15 today, using CNET but getting 55.9 kb/s, so i've got a few hours left... what's the speed of that link?

He Is Legend
05-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Download it from Filefront, tons faster

BobtheCkroach
05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Download it from Filefront, tons faster

I couldn't find it on filefront. I tried that first, naturally.

BobtheCkroach
05-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Scratch that, I found it (actually, from the link I gave, USA Mirror #2 links to filefront...)

http://files.filefront.com/HitmanBloodMoney+Demo/;5075490;;/fileinfo.html

I'm getting around 300 for my download, dan.

759 meg demo, though - sheesh!

MassacreAL
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
hmm, full version has about 4.1gigs. pretty much, i remmember only few games big like that.

BobtheCkroach
05-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah for me! I closed the download when it was over 70% done! :banghead:

MassacreAL
05-22-2006, 08:57 PM
lol, btw, whats your internet connection?

BobtheCkroach
05-22-2006, 09:17 PM
lol, btw, whats your internet connection?

3meg down, when I'm at work.

When I'm at home, it's a bit slower. Let's see...5 minute drive from house to work, averaging 0 meg down, then I download the file @ a max of 3 meg down, then I drive 5 min home averaging 0 meg down, then I put the flash drive in my computer and download to the hdd @ 500meg/sec (roughly)...you do the math :P

NastyDawg
05-22-2006, 09:52 PM

When I'm at home, it's a bit slower. Let's see...5 minute drive from house to work, averaging 0 meg down, then I download the file @ a max of 3 meg down, then I drive 5 min home averaging 0 meg down, then I put the flash drive in my computer and download to the hdd @ 500meg/sec (roughly)...you do the math :P

LOL :D

Dangerous Dan
05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
wow, the requirements for this game mean buisness! how sluggish :S

He Is Legend
05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
wow, the requirements for this game mean buisness! how sluggish :S

same here ):

i hate my processor so much, if it wasnt for that slow ass garbage id be flying ):

SoulReaver
05-22-2006, 11:50 PM
The only thing I like about FF is the almost barely non-existent wait time. Problem is, it downloads so slow from there. I have a fastpass for a year because CGW joined FF and stopped shipping cds along with the mag. I normally only get 90-110 kbs for a supposedly "fast server."

He Is Legend
05-23-2006, 12:02 AM
The only thing I like about FF is the almost barely non-existent wait time. Problem is, it downloads so slow from there. I have a fastpass for a year because CGW joined FF and stopped shipping cds along with the mag. I normally only get 90-110 kbs for a supposedly "fast server."

i get 500-600kbs :x

NastyDawg
05-23-2006, 12:06 AM

Wow, I just got down downloading it and was getting 95 kbs ave, and have no fastpass.

BobtheCkroach
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM

I was doin' 300 on FF and I have no fast pass, either.

NastyDawg
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
LOL, after downloading for 2 hours plus, I go to install and what comes up but a bad file. Please re-install, try again same thing so I guess I have to download it again.:mad:

BobtheCkroach
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. The demo is too big to fit onto a CD (though I should try zipping it) and I forgot my 4gb usb drive, so it still sits on my desktop waiting to go home and have fun...:(

SoulReaver
05-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Eh, weird. On all files I normally get low download times like that. When I use FP though, I get around 300 kbs.

MassacreAL
05-23-2006, 08:21 PM

at first look i see its not worthy to download and i suggest you dont bother yourself with demo and go for full version :thumbs: (well, personaly i wouldnt buy it, becouse previous games from hitman series wasnt funny. hiding and stuff wasnt realistic and you always had to think how is engine designed, bleh)

BobtheCkroach
05-23-2006, 08:35 PM
at first look i see its not worthy to download and i suggest you dont bother yourself with demo and go for full version :thumbs: (well, personaly i wouldnt buy it, becouse previous games from hitman series wasnt funny. hiding and stuff wasnt realistic and you always had to think how is engine designed, bleh)

I've never played any of the hitman games.

and I downloaded the file while I was workin', so it wasn't hurt by my driving slowdown ;)

Dangerous Dan
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
my bro lives by hitman and splinter cell games, lol. his verdict for the demo was that it's a little too soft, (since it's an intro level) it holds your hand too much, but still worth getting if you enjoy the genre.

BobtheCkroach
05-23-2006, 10:26 PM
my bro lives by hitman and splinter cell games, lol. his verdict for the demo was that it's a little too soft, (since it's an intro level) it holds your hand too much, but still worth getting if you enjoy the genre.

Is hitman as stealthy as Splinter Cell?? Because if it is, I can save myself an install and just delete this...I hate those super stealthy games. Give me a big gun and a deathwish.

EXEcution
05-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Is hitman as stealthy as Splinter Cell?? Because if it is, I can save myself an install and just delete this...I hate those super stealthy games. Give me a big gun and a deathwish.
Not really. I mean it's not as run and gun as UT or Sam are but it's much less stealthy that Splinter Cell or MGS. I'd say it's a mix between Max Payne/Tomb Raider and a stealth-oriented game.

NastyDawg
05-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I've never played any of the hitman games.
;)

Yeah me to thats why I wanted to try it, going to re-download it tonight.

Dangerous Dan
05-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah me to thats why I wanted to try it, going to re-download it tonight.

it's one of the most atmospheric franchises you'll ever play :)

MassacreAL
05-24-2006, 11:38 AM
and I downloaded the file while I was workin', so it wasn't hurt by my driving slowdown ;)
download and be paid at the same time, rats :P

BobtheCkroach
05-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Not really. I mean it's not as run and gun as UT or Sam are but it's much less stealthy that Splinter Cell or MGS. I'd say it's a mix between Max Payne/Tomb Raider and a stealth-oriented game.

Cool! That sounds fun! Finally remembered the usb drive, so I'll be playin' tonight.

BobtheCkroach
05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Apparently some people have been suffering from low framerates w/ this for some reason. There has been a patch released for the demo.

Find it here: http://files.filefront.com/HitmanBloodMoney+DemoPatch/;5080699;;/fileinfo.html