PDA

View Full Version : thread locking

JIMINATOR
05-30-2006, 05:42 AM
like what is up with this silly thread locking? which of the 13 forum rules did it violate? has a thread run its course? is it bothersome that it appears when viewing new posts? so what. let it keep on going. who cares? if people want to post bs or what ever, let them. it's not hurting anyone. it may be amusing some. maybe it keeps people coming back. is locking it protecting the forums? the criteria for posts is not about what the moderators want to read, but where posters want to post. if a thread has run its course it will wither and die on its own.

Grimmy
05-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Not sure what thread you are talking about, but I am sure there was good enough reasoning behind it for a mod to close it.

Sirc
05-30-2006, 06:47 AM
For God's sake get a clue Grimmy. It was the "Whose the best" thread, and an admin closed it, not a mod.

Why are you even still an admin here? :rolleyes:

BTW, I agree with Jimmy. There was no reason to lock that thread. Like it or not, the majority of active people here still play SS and still want to discuss it in whatever way. Treating them like second class members is not a good idea.

He Is Legend
05-30-2006, 06:49 AM
oh god

here we go

Sirc
05-30-2006, 06:52 AM
oh god

here we go

You love it and you know it. :P

Nitro
05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Ibtl

Sexyjess
05-30-2006, 11:34 AM
cheeeeeeeers :D dogfight dog fight :D

Pure_Evil
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ejarno/fun/threadhot.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

not really, this thread should be handled through PM's.

Jim, you have a problem with it being closed, PM Shogun, or go over his head.

This thread soon to be closed too.

FUS1ON
05-30-2006, 02:18 PM
I closed it. They are not there anymore because I deleted them, but members were using the thread to say hey to each other. That is off topic and I warned everyone when I reopened it as long as it stayed on topic I would leave it open, but I still left it open and let continue after deleting those posts. Since then there have been a few posts and the thread looked like it wasn't going anywhere in my opinion and had run it's course, I made a judgement call and closed it.

Jim, Sirc or if anyone else has a problem with something i've done, you are more than welcome to PM me with your opinion and we will discuss it.

Sirc
05-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Why can't GM thread-locking policies be dicussed in public?

There are thousands of threads that have run their course but haven't been locked. I agree that the thread needs to stay on topic though, and off-topic posts should be deleted rather than causing a lock. I also think I should be able to express this opinion without having to do it secretly in a PM.

Pure_Evil
05-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Why can't GM thread-locking policies be dicussed in public?

There are thousands of threads that have run their course but haven't been locked. I agree that the thread needs to stay on topic though, and off-topic posts should be deleted rather than causing a lock. I also think I should be able to express this opinion without having to do it secretly in a PM.

anyone who's been around as long as you and Jim should know that threads like this one, and questions about why a person was banned have been closed and the topic starter has been told to PM a admin or their council rep.

thread closed.

Grimmy
05-30-2006, 03:10 PM
For God's sake get a clue Grimmy. It was the "Whose the best" thread, and an admin closed it, not a mod.

Why are you even still an admin here? :rolleyes:

BTW, I agree with Jimmy. There was no reason to lock that thread. Like it or not, the majority of active people here still play SS and still want to discuss it in whatever way. Treating them like second class members is not a good idea.

Sorry but I have better things to do then sit around and watch all the new posts come in. There are games to be played, and babysitting forums isn't one that I am way into. Plus being the holiday weekend, I had lots of gaming to get in and didn't see that thread. :tounge: