PDA

View Full Version : Just so you know

ME BIGGD01
05-30-2006, 03:57 PM
If anyone ever forgets to use remember me when logging in they have a chance of losing their post or message if it takes too long before you hit submit. I just did this again (smacks himself and ready to break another monitor) as I hit submit it says I was logged off and therefore lost what I posted. So I went to the backspace and looked to see if I could recover what I just typed up and all that was there was the subject. I have done this way too many times but something I never tried was to go forward to the screen that was requesting me to login and by chance logged in at that screen what do you know, my post/thread I created was posted. I was happy I did not have to get extremely pissed off for wasting time but pissed at myself for not ever trying that sooner because of all the posts I have lost. Due to my habbit of not clicking the remember me chk mrk, I now know even if, I wont ever lose my posts again.:thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
05-30-2006, 03:59 PM
:D Still doin' that, huh bud? :P I chuckle every time you bring this up. Not nice, I know, but I always find it humorous. :P

Caged Anger
05-30-2006, 03:59 PM
ohhhh boy, I bin there

JIMINATOR
05-31-2006, 03:14 AM
hey biggs, when i do that, it takes me to a login screen. when l log in (in the center box, not the top right) it then takes me to the next page where my post has been posted. so you shouldn't lose anything.

on another similar issue, i have posted and then gotten a page cannot be displayed issue. going back will often try to reload the prior page with a similar error. the solution here is to hit refresh. it will try to resubmit the form, and if the servers come back and give you a center login prompt you should be good.