PDA

View Full Version : This is why...

BobtheCkroach
06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
...we don't trust Best Buy, boys & girls.

Sheesh, this is awful!

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/06/one_year_ago_ha.html

Mpulse
06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow, that's scary, Roach..... I'll be sure to destroy my own HDs....

MassacreAL
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
uh 77 and still uses computer :eek: very vital man, my mom is 48 and she can hardly handle even mobil phone

NastyDawg
06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
That really sucks that happened I bet it does all the time too.

FUS1ON
06-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I've been to a bunch of those computer shows that they hold at convention certers and they always have some merchants there selling used HDs, makes you wonder what is on them.

Death Engineer
06-07-2006, 02:00 AM
uh 77 and still uses computer :eek: very vital man, my mom is 48 and she can hardly handle even mobil phone

An 87 year old man from the UK setup his machine for Remote Assistance today so I could help him get some of my companies radio software going. He figured out how to turn off his firewall and everything. I hope I'm as sane at 87.

As far as this story goes, that is just plain disturbing and is why I take a hammer to any hard drive that goes bad before sending it into the trash. I beat on it until you can hear the shattered platters sliding around inside. Kind of nice for letting off steam. ;)

Caged Anger
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
An 87 year old man from the UK setup his machine for Remote Assistance today so I could help him get some of my companies radio software going. He figured out how to turn off his firewall and everything. I hope I'm as sane at 87.

As far as this story goes, that is just plain disturbing and is why I take a hammer to any hard drive that goes bad before sending it into the trash. I beat on it until you can hear the shattered platters sliding around inside. Kind of nice for letting off steam. ;)

standard procedure for old printers :D
i find placing them on top of burning piles of wood very amusing too :thumbs:

NastyDawg
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
standard procedure for old printers :D
i find placing them on top of burning piles of wood very amusing too :thumbs:

LOL :rofl:

BobtheCkroach
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
I've only had 1 go bad, but I took the lid off of it, exposing all the plates and stuff. Then I used it as an uber-nerd paperweight. :)

Wiper
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Disturbing indeed...

Allthough a hammer isn't good enough for complete destruction. There are allready ways they can read harddrive pieces wich are broken/physical f*cked up etc.

But it's a good way to keep it out of the "common" peoples hands.

And if ur still in the paranoid mood:

-My suggestion: break the HD open and use a strong electromagnet :D