PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever been drunk and driving ?

BlackWolf
06-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Have u ever been drinking and driving alcohol that is ;)

and now be honest

MassacreAL
06-09-2006, 06:12 PM
hmm i was drunk but not driving :hmmm: all pubs are very near :rolleyes:

FUS1ON
06-09-2006, 06:41 PM
I can't vote any of those, you left out the "Yes lots of times" or "Yes lots of times and I never will again" options.

TheMaster
06-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Ah no, considering I'm not even of legal age to drink.

NightBreed
06-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm not going to lie about it..Yup, it's happened more than once. but that was years ago..
Now with a home, wife, kids and a lot more to lose, I think twice about going out like I used to...

petter
06-09-2006, 08:45 PM
it happened lots of times. got rid of my license and had a 1200€ fine june 1991. had to wait 1 year to get license back. has not and wont ever hapen again after that. it made me able to see further than the next weekend

NastyDawg
06-09-2006, 08:53 PM
I can't vote any of those, you left out the "Yes lots of times" or "Yes lots of times and I never will again" options.

I agree with Shogun I have a few times (well maybe 8 or 10) but have not in the past 5 or more years. So I really don't see doing it again.

Wiper
06-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Statement: Srry, but ur a freaking @$$ if u drink and drive.(at least on that moment)

I don't care if u drive yourself into the hospital but often others get involved into it :down:

Sexyjess
06-09-2006, 09:52 PM
hm dont have any lisence =(( but soon =) after summer it cost alot to get it here in sweden =/

Sepra
06-09-2006, 10:08 PM

Same here. I've driven drunk/high a ton of times when I was younger, stupid and fearless. Would I do it again? Definitely not.....I never even drink anymore. Having a family and children changes alot of things. :thumbs:

Edit: You know, thinking of the things I did and the risks I took makes me really, really afraid for my kids when they get older. I'm not looking forward to my kids teenage/driving years at all. :( Maybe they'll turn out to be geeks who never get invited to parties! I could only wish. :o

Sirc
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Same here. I've driven drunk/high a ton of times when I was younger, stupid and fearless. Would I do it again? Definitely not.....I never even drink anymore. Having a family and children changes alot of things. :thumbs:

Edit: You know, thinking of the things I did and the risks I took makes me really, really afraid for my kids when they get older. I'm not looking forward to my kids teenage/driving years at all. :( Maybe they'll turn out to be geeks who never get invited to parties! I could only wish. :o

My kids are 14 (15 in August) and 17. ZOMG that's hard for me to believe. SIFI is gonna be a senior in high school next year. :eek: Anyway, yeah, when I think of all the stupid and dangerous crap I did in my late teens and early twenties it scares me to death to think about my kids doing the same thing. I'm gonna be living day-to-day with my fingers crossed for the next several years.

EDIT: BTW, I'm in the same category as Shogun and Sepra. I can remember driving with one eye closed so I didn't see double. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

BlackWolf
06-10-2006, 06:35 AM

ohh sorry about that i just thought if u done it lots of times then u proberly would again no matter what :)

i know i have some issues when it comes to that so if i want to be sure i dont drive home i have to make sure i dont have a car arround :o

Speedsweeper
06-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Never.

Die Hard
06-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I've been done twice for drink driving: 1980 and 1986. The first time I was banned for a year and the second time I was banned for 3 years plus big fines on both. Also, the car insurance costs go through the roof too so you really do get punished, at least here in the UK.

I do still drink and drive occasionally but only ever from my local pub to my house which are on the same road a half mile apart, so go figure :o

NightBreed
06-10-2006, 11:41 AM
My kids are 14 (15 in August) and 17. ZOMG that's hard for me to believe. SIFI is gonna be a senior in high school next year. :eek: Anyway, yeah, when I think of all the stupid and dangerous crap I did in my late teens and early twenties it scares me to death to think about my kids doing the same thing. I'm gonna be living day-to-day with my fingers crossed for the next several years.

EDIT: BTW, I'm in the same category as Shogun and Sepra. I can remember driving with one eye closed so I didn't see double. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Yea, but back then we had good solid chunks of American Iron around us...Off the road , take down a few guardrails, steer back on and keep on going..

Couldn't do that today with your Daewoo !! :P

He Is Legend
06-10-2006, 01:17 PM
stay crunk and off the road.

Death Engineer
06-13-2006, 04:16 AM
I'm just curious, but do most drunk people spell the word "proberly"?

Siron Ex
06-13-2006, 05:29 AM
drunk? Yes. Driving? Never. :P

Lady Doom
06-13-2006, 09:52 AM
never like sexyjess don't have yet..

Black Rose
06-13-2006, 10:11 AM
only once.... I was a student, had drunk a lot cocktails at a party and decided to drive home. Believe me, I didnīt know how I came home, I just can remember the moment as I got in my car and than the moment as I woke up next morning with cloths on in my bed, but my car was exactly in the parking line. No police, no help from others... dunno how I made it.
But as I thought about it the next day, I promised to myself "I will never do it again"!!
....and btw alcohol has too much calories ;) :P

Aries
06-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Never....but then again I never drink anyway :-P

He Is Legend
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I enjoy a beer or 10

JIMINATOR
06-13-2006, 01:50 PM
eh, i don't see the "drunk and killed someone option".
not that I drink at all, but as something for people to think about.

BobtheCkroach
06-13-2006, 02:06 PM
The most drinking I've done is enough to spit the stuff out and wonder why anyone wouldn't rather just drink their own urine. It's free that way.

He Is Legend
06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
wonder why anyone wouldn't rather just drink their own urine. It's free that way.

It doesnt have alcohol

JIMINATOR
06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
It doesnt have alcohol
if you smoke enough weed it might have trace amounts of it. be a good experiment for you.... :thumbs:

Wiper
06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
eh, i don't see the "drunk and killed someone option".
not that I drink at all, but as something for people to think about.

Indeed not a cool topic, bad thing about is that some are proud of it...

http://www.healingheart.net/Child_drunk_driver_crash.htm

so go on challenging eachother :rolleyes:

He Is Legend
06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
if you smoke enough weed it might have trace amounts of it. be a good experiment for you.... :thumbs:

Maybe..;)

NightBreed
06-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Gotta remember, the laws and responsibilities and the bar-owners were a helluva lot different for us older guys then than they are right now..I'm not saying I'm proud of it or that we deliberately got behind the wheel while loaded, but there was a time that the bartenders would serve you until you ran out of cash, and if you were headed toward home the local PD would just shine it on....
Thank God it's not that way anymore. And if you weren't there in that era, it's hard to fathom how it was all possible..

FUS1ON
06-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Susie
e-mail: ******
lost her 22 yr old daughter, Jackie, on 6/8/2002 as the result of a drunk driver hitting her and her sister as they rode bikes home from a store. "The drunk driver that hit my girls was a repeat offender. I'm told time heals. but do you really ever get over the loss of a child ..especially when it should never have happened. In this situation, the drunk driver had his 6 year old son in the truck with him. That little boy watched my Jackie die right before his little eyes as she hit the windshield in front of him. To me, his father made him a victim too."

As soon as I viewed that website my eyes seem to be drawn to this one first, what a tragic story of loss.

BlackWolf
06-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Indeed not a cool topic, bad thing about is that some are proud of it...

http://www.healingheart.net/Child_drunk_driver_crash.htm

so go on challenging eachother :rolleyes:

i dont c anything wrong with the topic actually i think its a good topic to discuss

BlackWolf
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
As soon as I viewed that website my eyes seem to be drawn to this one first, what a tragic story of loss.

Yea it is tragic when these things happen and go so wrong as this incident :(

Wiper
06-16-2006, 01:33 PM
i dont c anything wrong with the topic actually i think its a good topic to discuss

Nothing wrong about discussing it, only it has taken a wicked turn and like I said people are acting proud to be a drunk driver and there it goes wrong. DIfferent point of view would be nice :)

NightBreed
06-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Nothing wrong about discussing it, only it has taken a wicked turn and like I said people are acting proud to be a drunk driver and there it goes wrong. DIfferent point of view would be nice :)

I don't see any of us acting proud about it..We're just saying it's happened to some of us in the past...:(

BlackWolf
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Its not wicked just not so serious :)

and the driving arround drunk i think it is also a matter about who u hang arround with some groups it will be a cool thing to do and the other will look up to u for doing it and think u are a tough guy

Wiper
06-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Its not wicked just not so serious :)

and the driving arround drunk i think it is also a matter about who u hang arround with some groups it will be a cool thing to do and the other will look up to u for doing it and think u are a tough guy

Kk, I'll relax. But still: u won't put anyone totally drunk on a guncourse for practise (everybody will say: that's insane/dangerous) while a car is as deadly (or maybe even more deadlier) as a gun.

So who are the 8 votes from option 3 :P