PDA

View Full Version : Prey Demo - June 21

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
The prey demo will be released next Wednesday @ 9:00pm. It comes with 1 hour of single player gameplay as well as 2 multiplayer maps.

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/prey-demo/

Frickin' YES!

BlackWolf
06-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Yay that will be fun to try that game out
i just fear it sucks cause it uses the Doom3 engine :(

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Yay that will be fun to try that game out
i just fear it sucks cause it uses the Doom3 engine :(

My favorite game of '04 was Doom3.
My favorite game of '05 was Quake4.

This title is all lined up to be my favorite game of '06 (though honestly, I can't see anythign dethroning Oblivion.)

I'm not worried :D

EXEcution
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
It will be interesting to see how the wall and ceiling climbing will heighten the gameplay.

BlackWolf
06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
My favorite game of '04 was Doom3.
My favorite game of '05 was Quake4.

This title is all lined up to be my favorite game of '06 (though honestly, I can't see anythign dethroning Oblivion.)

I'm not worried :D

its just i think it sucks for DM games and that is what im looking for a great DM game and they are hard to find these days

Yea EXE those walking on ceeling features will be nice to try out just hope it wont make the game weird to play hanging on ur head :)

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 02:48 PM
its just i think it sucks for DM games and that is what im looking for a great DM game and they are hard to find these days

Yea EXE those walking on ceeling features will be nice to try out just hope it wont make the game weird to play hanging on ur head :)

Ah. Unreal Tournament is the only series that I buy for the MP. I purchase games for the single player, and if the MP ends up being there, all the better. (though I personally enjoyed the DM for Quake 4 very much...Doom's was just bleh)

SoulReaver
06-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Quake 4 single-player was horrendous IMO. Very boring. Its MP was ok...

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Quake 4 single-player was horrendous IMO. Very boring. Its MP was ok...

Really? Oh man, I loved it. I've had a buddy that's been telling me that FEAR was hands down the best game of '05. I just finished it Tuesday, and while it was a good title, it didn't compare to Quake 4 in my opinion.

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 07:13 PM
It will be interesting to see how the wall and ceiling climbing will heighten the gameplay.

:rofl:

Was the pun there intentional?

SoulReaver
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Really? Oh man, I loved it. I've had a buddy that's been telling me that FEAR was hands down the best game of '05. I just finished it Tuesday, and while it was a good title, it didn't compare to Quake 4 in my opinion. FEAR was much better than Quake 4 to me. Quake 4 was just too boring and easy.

He Is Legend
06-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Ah. Unreal Tournament is the only series that I buy for the MP. I purchase games for the single player, and if the MP ends up being there, all the better. (though I personally enjoyed the DM for Quake 4 very much...Doom's was just bleh)

Go pick up SS:TSE..you might just love the deathmatch.

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Go pick up SS:TSE..you might just love the deathmatch.

I've played it some - I've owned both sams since b4 I was part of GM. It's OK, and I don't mind some, but I don't think I'd like it en mass, especially given all the crap I hear nonstop about the community (GM members and GM clans excluded, of course). Overall, Q4 and UT2k4 are enough for me (more than enough, actually -no 'net :()

JIMINATOR
06-16-2006, 08:39 PM
fear was from 2005? wow, how time flies when you get old. yeah, hopefully this one will be good. good dm is hard to find, but then it seems like less people are doing dm, and with physics, etc, it takes more money and resources to build good dm that can work well....

BobtheCkroach
06-16-2006, 08:58 PM
fear was from 2005? wow, how time flies when you get old. yeah, hopefully this one will be good. good dm is hard to find, but then it seems like less people are doing dm, and with physics, etc, it takes more money and resources to build good dm that can work well....

Yeah, Q4 of '05, too. October, I believe.

BlackWolf
06-17-2006, 08:14 AM

True but its darn sad its been 1 road downhill the past few years with DM games it seems like many firms focus to much on grafix instead of gameplay if this continues we might as well just buy a console for gaming

hopefully UT2007 will be a massive hit

NastyDawg
06-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the update roach.. I will be trying it out!:thumbs:

EXEcution
06-17-2006, 02:20 PM
True but its darn sad its been 1 road downhill the past few years with DM games it seems like many firms focus to much on grafix instead of gameplay if this continues we might as well just buy a console for gaming

hopefully UT2007 will be a massive hit
While buying a console for online gaming may seem like a last resort, I think that as time goes on and consoles become more like high-end gaming PC's... WAIT that already happened. Both the Xbox360 and PS3 are more than capable of producing cutting edge graphics and have very user-friendly GUI's not to mention an online community. Also consoles are much more affordable than a gaming PC. The only thing holding me back from buying a PS3 is the fact that you won't be able to use a mouse and keyboard (or keypad at least) to game on it.

BlackWolf
06-17-2006, 04:05 PM
im not much into the console thingy but isnt it possibel to get mouse and keyboard to game on yet with the PS ? or is that only for running linux ?

SoulReaver
06-17-2006, 05:19 PM
You can indeed get a keyboard and mouse on PS2. Its only compatible on some games though.

The red -
06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Do anyone know what a kind of pc i need , to be able to play it (prey) ?

BobtheCkroach
06-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Do anyone know what a kind of pc i need , to be able to play it (prey) ?

Go find the requirements for Q4...should be fairly similar, maybe a bit more heavy than Q4.

EXEcution
06-21-2006, 02:16 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/prey-demo/index.html

The countdown begins. I'm hoping that this will be more playable than Q4 and D3 in terms of MP.

Here's how you can check if your system is up to par with the game. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/gamespot?registration_option_id=2849

BobtheCkroach
06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/prey-demo/index.html

The countdown begins. I'm hoping that this will be more playable than Q4 and D3 in terms of MP.

Here's how you can check if your system is up to par with the game. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/gamespot?registration_option_id=2849

Dang. I just realized that it says 9 pacific time...midnight here. Dang.

EXEcution
06-22-2006, 03:27 AM
39 mins left but I think I'll download it tomorrow when more servers will host it.

BobtheCkroach
06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Gosh, that Gamespot download sucks major. I'm getting 13 k there.

However, I love me some filefront. Downloadin' @ 295

http://files.filefront.com/Prey+Demo/;5175708;;/fileinfo.html

NastyDawg
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Gosh, that Gamespot download sucks major. I'm getting 13 k there.

However, I love me some filefront. Downloadin' @ 295

http://files.filefront.com/Prey+Demo/;5175708;;/fileinfo.html

Yeah I gave up trying to get it from Gamespot

BobtheCkroach
06-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Started @ 9:10, had it by 9:45 or so. Good game.

NastyDawg
06-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Anyone try it yet, I downloaded it but have not installed it (will do tomorrow) just wanted to get any first impressions of the game.:thumbs: :down:

JIMINATOR
06-23-2006, 04:37 AM
it runs fairly smooth on a 7800gt system. DM is surprisingly busy, lots of people trying the game. the level i tried is kind of like playing compound, with upside down and sideways walls, very annoying IMO. action felt ok, but you can't really tell not knowing the weapons and the DM. The game is interesting. probably too dark, lots of portals and an aliens usuing humans for hamburger type storyline. (perhaps, i didn't go too far).

BobtheCkroach
06-23-2006, 12:54 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I had it set to high settings on 1024x768 on my geforce 6600 and it ran fine for me.

I thought the SP gameplay was fun and original. The storyline probably won't be that involved, but that's OK. I felt the game looked incredibly good. I've read this somewhere else, but it seems like every game that comes out on the D3 engine looks better than the last, and manages to run better on the same software, too.

I enjoyed the walking on walls/ceilings. A lot of people are saying that it disorients them and possibly makes them sick as well, but it wasn't really a problem for me - I thought it was just pure fun. The portals were really cool - I was expecting a jitter or load when I walked through them, but it's totally seemless.

I'm anxiously awaiting the full release :)

Didn't get to play MP due to my lack of the internet, however, I did set up a server just to run around and I found that I got used to playing upside down pretty quickly. I'll have to wait til I play with someone to really assess that, though.

EXEcution
06-23-2006, 09:41 PM
I honestly had a rush of nostalgia when I tried out SP. If anyone has played Duke Nukem 3D, which I did when I was about 8 or 9 years old, the very same bathroom and mirror setting can be found in the game. Cool stuff. Hopefull 3D Realms gets their staff straight and released Duke Nukem Forever.

NastyDawg
06-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, just got done playing some for the first time. I liked it, ran smooth and walking on the wall and ceilings did not bug me to much. I did find it a little dark for me (but I am getting older and the eyes just don't work like they used too) I am not a big FPS gamer but this is one I will pick up when released.:thumbs:

He Is Legend
06-25-2006, 11:26 PM
im in love with this game

its so friggin phat

JIMINATOR
06-26-2006, 03:56 AM
i am really enjoying the game. i have to figure out where the sun gun is.... the DM levels are really confusing, also the aiming sucks on the transitions, but i think overall it is a keeper.

BobtheCkroach
06-26-2006, 02:19 PM
i am really enjoying the game. i have to figure out where the sun gun is.... the DM levels are really confusing, also the aiming sucks on the transitions, but i think overall it is a keeper.

The DM levels are a bit hard to figure out, but once you do they're a blast! I have 2 buddies up for a couple days and we spent a few hours playing in them - had a great time!

The gun designs are so fun and original - the regular rifle, when you alt fire, instead of rasing a standard scope to your eye - the thing actually reaches out and attaches to your face! The rocket launcher, if you look at it, is actually firing those grenade bugs - you can see them squirming inside the gun!

I'm lovin' this game!

The red -
06-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Even with an FPS under 15 i can say : This is the best game that i ve ever played...... cant wait to get my monster graphcard for this :D