PDA

View Full Version : Forza Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::: DARK PSI :::
07-10-2006, 12:16 AM
FORZA ITALIA!!!!

FORZA AZZURRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTASTICO!

Congrats to my boys in Italy in winning the 2006 World Cup!!!!!!!

Xeno
07-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Congratulations:thumbs:
I hoped they'll win ;)

MR. SLiK
07-10-2006, 07:31 AM
zidane headbutt > winning a world cup trophy

:P

SHOTGUNmaniac
07-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Zidane headbutt was awesome... lol

Black Rose
07-10-2006, 08:48 AM
well, they should get the first prize for soccer-actors and most provocated scenes to get penalty shots... good actors but Germany is the secret winner :D :P :wootrock:

Good matches, interesting games and all fans had a wonderful time here in our "good old Germany" :woohoo:

Xeno
07-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Zidane headbutt was awesome... lol

Right,
Why did he do that?:confused:
So amazing good player leaves his favourite sport Football with a red Card:(
it was my favourite player...

NastyDawg
07-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I must say I was never really a soccer fan but after watching this years World Cup, that is changing! Congrats to Italyhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

Caged Anger
07-10-2006, 12:38 PM
congrats to Italy

(but I was hoping for France :P)

07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
zidane headbutt > winning a world cup trophy

:P

I completely agree.. It was hilarious! What a way to end a career! :thumbs:

07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
well, they should get the first prize for soccer-actors and most provocated scenes to get penalty shots... good actors but Germany is the secret winner :D :P :wootrock:

Good matches, interesting games and all fans had a wonderful time here in our "good old Germany" :woohoo:

Yes, Italy did have some great actors. Over the course of the World Cup it started to get annoying. I think the award for best acting still goes to Argentina!

Meh, Germany got 3rd. :-p

Rose, did you go to any of the games?

BobtheCkroach
07-10-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't care about Italy - or soccer - but I will admit I was happy to see France go down.

This is a real question of interest, though, so don't attack me for what I ask. Yesterday was the first tiny bit of any soccer that I've really ever watched. Just as boring as I imagined it would be. Anyways, with the penalty kicks at the end of the game...were those goalies really bad, or is it that common to not only miss stopping the ball, but to even jump the other way? I imagine that the kicker will fake the goalie sometimes, but do they really fake them everytime like that?

07-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't care about Italy - or soccer - but I will admit I was happy to see France go down.

This is a real question of interest, though, so don't attack me for what I ask. Yesterday was the first tiny bit of any soccer that I've really ever watched. Just as boring as I imagined it would be. Anyways, with the penalty kicks at the end of the game...were those goalies really bad, or is it that common to not only miss stopping the ball, but to even jump the other way? I imagine that the kicker will fake the goalie sometimes, but do they really fake them everytime like that?

Keep this in mind.. the width of the goal is over 2 car lengths. The kicker is about 20 feet from the goal. By the time he kicks the ball the goal keeper has no real time to know where the ball is going. They literally guess and jump and hope they are in the right position when the ball comes their way. They also keep a cheat sheet with stats on each player and an average of which way the kicker will shoot.

Soccer is not for everyone (in America), and I can see why some would be bored by it. There are not a lot of points scored, but that is the beauty of it. The goals that are scored are so well earned that when they hit, it provides unbelievable excitement. The thing also to watch is not as much the goals being scored but the defense and offense of the game.

The other big plus is the international feel of the game. It is just not one country playing but the world (sorta). Adds a big flair to the game.

I will admit though, unless there is something meaningful about the game, I would not watch soccer. Meaningful meaning a championship or World Cup match. If it was just a practice match or trial game, I would never watch. But that goes for any sport out there, save F1. :)

BobtheCkroach
07-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Keep this in mind.. the width of the goal is over 2 car lengths. The kicker is about 20 feet from the goal. By the time he kicks the ball the goal keeper has no real time to know where the ball is going. They literally guess and jump and hope they are in the right position when the ball comes their way. They also keep a cheat sheet with stats on each player and an average of which way the kicker will shoot.

Soccer is not for everyone (in America), and I can see why some would be bored by it. There are not a lot of points scored, but that is the beauty of it. The goals that are scored are so well earned that when they hit, it provides unbelievable excitement. The thing also to watch is not as much the goals being scored but the defense and offense of the game.

The other big plus is the international feel of the game. It is just not one country playing but the world (sorta). Adds a big flair to the game.

I will admit though, unless there is something meaningful about the game, I would not watch soccer. Meaningful meaning a championship or World Cup match. If it was just a practice match or trial game, I would never watch. But that goes for any sport out there, save F1. :)

OK, thank you for the answer. I definitely figured it wouldn't be easy. I guess watching hockey (which I also hate - feels like soccer on ice to me) during a penalty shot ending, it's so amazing when someone gets one past, the penalty kicks just seemed anticlimatic in the soccer ending, b/c the goalies literally didn't touch the ball during the whole thing.

petter
07-10-2006, 03:49 PM
OK, thank you for the answer. I definitely figured it wouldn't be easy. I guess watching hockey (which I also hate - feels like soccer on ice to me) during a penalty shot ending, it's so amazing when someone gets one past, the penalty kicks just seemed anticlimatic in the soccer ending, b/c the goalies literally didn't touch the ball during the whole thing.
coz those penalties were all very good exept for 1.. and thats how its supposed to be. ur not supposed to miss a penalty. a penalty equals a goal.
however in a wc final ending with penalties u will never know what will happen. viva la france !

BobtheCkroach
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
coz those penalties were all very good exept for 1.. and thats how its supposed to be. ur not supposed to miss a penalty. a penalty equals a goal.
however in a wc final ending with penalties u will never know what will happen. viva la france !

Right, right, I understand that they're supposed to make them. The goalie is supposed to stop them, though, right? I'm just saying that there wasn't even 1 where the goalie was close - he was a non-factor. In hockey it's a matter of actually getting the puck past the goalie - apparently in soccer it's just a matter of not kicking it directly @ him and you're set.

merkwannabe
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
I will admit though, unless there is something meaningful about the game, I would not watch soccer. Meaningful meaning a championship or World Cup match. If it was just a practice match or trial game, I would never watch.bingo

The World Cup is my favorite sport! I don't really like watching soccer, but come World Cup time, I can't be moved from the tv.

p.s. Zidane remains my hero. Everyone is complaining about poor sportsmanship, and while what he did was wrong, I don't think it should or will tarnish his great career. It's speculated that Materazzi was calling Zidane's sister a whore and throwing in some racial remarks to him. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but either way, I can't hate the guy.. He was too awesome.

Black Rose
07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes, Italy did have some great actors. Over the course of the World Cup it started to get annoying. I think the award for best acting still goes to Argentina!

Meh, Germany got 3rd. :-p

Rose, did you go to any of the games?

nope, I love to watch the games on TV together with some friends, itīs more fun and I can see and realize more details than in the stadium. Ya, the atmosphere was really great in the fan miles middle in the main towns, it was fun to see all the peeps partying together, .... much better than inside the stadium. :)

btw, zidane is one of the best soccer players imo, he is a cool guy :)
Our team did a good job and I am really proud the guys got the 3rd place, but I still think they could have won the final with more luck and more fairness from Italy :P

Wiper
07-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Right, right, I understand that they're supposed to make them. The goalie is supposed to stop them, though, right? I'm just saying that there wasn't even 1 where the goalie was close - he was a non-factor. In hockey it's a matter of actually getting the puck past the goalie - apparently in soccer it's just a matter of not kicking it directly @ him and you're set.

The only true winners from penaltykicking are the goalies, cuz everybody asume the players must score.

And yes a lot of goals have been kicking directly at the goalie, since most goalies choose a side it still got a very good change ;) But it's more a psycological warfare and that's why penaltiekicking is sooooo exciting :devil:

petter
07-11-2006, 12:02 PM
bingo

The World Cup is my favorite sport! I don't really like watching soccer, but come World Cup time, I can't be moved from the tv.

p.s. Zidane remains my hero. Everyone is complaining about poor sportsmanship, and while what he did was wrong, I don't think it should or will tarnish his great career. It's speculated that Materazzi was calling Zidane's sister a whore and throwing in some racial remarks to him. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but either way, I can't hate the guy.. He was too awesome.
agree. so far i've only heard italians or italian suporters complaining about zidane.. rest of the world( as far as i've seen on forums ) is saying something else. zidane rules no matter that prick materazzi
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4454423686791361608&q=italians+che at

Wiper
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
agree. so far i've only heard italians or italian suporters complaining about zidane.. rest of the world( as far as i've seen on forums ) is saying something else. zidane rules no matter that prick materazzi
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4454423686791361608&q=italians+che at

OMFG, the Butcher from Italy :down:

In the netherlands a few days ago a player has been convicted for a workdetention cuz of a sliding he made during a match (guy problably can't play footbal anymore in his life)

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
errr.. about Zidane... take a look back: 26 september 2000
champions league, juventus vs Deportivo La Coruna... any of you zidane supporters remember anything? :P

Mad Fox
07-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Too bad the games were on at bad times. If they were on t.v. at other times i would have been a little more interested. Soccer seems to be more boring than a shuffle board tournament. I guess its not for me.

merkwannabe
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
errr.. about Zidane... take a look back: 26 september 2000
champions league, juventus vs Deportivo La Coruna... any of you zidane supporters remember anything? :PI never saw that, but from what I hear, Zidane does have a temper. That's his achilles heal.. :/

I still think he was the better of two evils when he head-butted that guy though.

Sirc
07-12-2006, 07:45 PM
The head-butt was pretty lame. He didn't hit the guy nearly hard enough to knock him down. I don't watch soccer, but it seems like there is as much fake crap going on as there is in pro wrestling. Kinda makes the soccer players look ghey IMHO.

Now if he had done this, I'd be a soccer fan forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDj8WqdzcO0

petter
07-12-2006, 08:01 PM
that would have been nice if he did yes !!

Pathos
07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Times like these i really wish i had less Italian friends.... [blocks ears and makes NANANACAN'THEARYOU sounds]

FUS1ON
07-14-2006, 09:35 PM
More headbutt stuff

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/

http://ftagn.free.fr/zidane.swf
Use the mouse button to do the headbutt

Xeno
07-14-2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/

lol n1:thumbs:

07-15-2006, 05:45 AM
My favorite..

http://sa.zector.co.uk/slave/files/32/326a8f5ad4dc04ca9a5cd7e20e29f63f8654333a.gif

Click the link and if it doesnt load, just click the address and press enter in the new browser window.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D