PDA

View Full Version : Problem

He Is Legend
07-22-2006, 01:59 AM
When trying to delete my partition on my C drive to install a whole new operating system..i get this on trying to perform that

"Setup is unable to perform the requested operation on the selected partition. This partition contains temporary setup files that are required to complete the installation"

And it wont let me delete it in order to install a new os :[

any suggestions guys?

please and thank you :)

ME BIGGD01
07-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Are you booting off the cd? It seems as if you have system booting off of something on the drive. Do you see press any button to boot off of cd upon booting? go into bios and see if things are set correctly. I would bet that you are not hitting f6 as soon as the cd starts loading xp files. You need to install the raid drivers so the actual hard drive is detected in windows for the install.

Also try to take note on the size of the partition you are trying to dlete. Does it match the size of your drive?

He Is Legend
07-22-2006, 05:26 PM
hey biggs, i did what you said and pressed f6 to try and install those Raid and scsi drivers and i got this

"setup was unable to load support for the mass storage device you specified currently, setup will load support for the following mass storage devices
<none>
*to specify additional SCSI adapters, CD-ROM drivers, or special disk controllers for use with windows, including those for which you have a device support disk from a mass storage device manufacturer, press S

If not, press enter"

Also i have my bios configuration setup as this

1.ATAPI CD-ROM [sony cd-rw crx23
2.Removable device [legacy floppy]
3.IDE Hard Drive
4. Other boot device [SCSI/onboard ATA boot]

and you told me to go see if it matched the size of my hard drive and i went and looked and it said this

C: Partition1 [NTFS] 76309 MB (21286 free)

and i have a 80gig hd.

this is getting tough :/

Caged Anger
07-22-2006, 05:47 PM
i never had a completely empty HDD, there was always a certain amount taken up by something, never knew what

He Is Legend
07-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah

im about to give in and take it to a computer shop