PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NYC this Saturday, 7/29 ?

NightBreed
07-25-2006, 01:36 AM
The Ground Zero Independence Ride was organized by construction workers recovering the site after the 9-11 tragedy in July of 2001. Many of the union members, rescue workers, volunteers, police and firefighters, who spent months recovering bodies from the debris were deeply touched by the families of victims who stood by day-after-day in hopes of finding a loved one. By interacting with these families, recovery workers came to know and understand their grief and the personal challenges of putting their lives back together in some form of normalcy.

To these individuals who were working at Ground Zero, it wasn’t enough just to do their job. Together they organized a charitable motorcycle ride to raise money to aid families. It was their way of saying “We Will Never Forget”.

If anyone's in the city this Saturday, come over and see the bikes and show your support for the cause. I've done this ride the past three years and it just gets bigger and better every time. Ride starts off right @ Ground Zero, up the Westside Highway to the GW Bridge, over the bridge into NJ, then up the Palisades Parkway back into NY state.. All these roads are closed when the bikes go thru, and I'll be honest,I don't know how the NYPD and all the other enforcement agencies do it.. Every side road and intersection from lower Manhattan all the way upstate is closed; nobody get's through until the 500 + bikes roll by..:thumbs:

So..if you're near NYC Saturday, come check it out...

http://www.groundzeroindride.com/

This guy led the way two years ago...some pretty awesome paint !! :cool:

Nitro
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd rather not be in the city while they're trying to disarm a nuclear bomb, but that's just me.

Speedsweeper
07-25-2006, 02:24 PM
I'd rather not be in the city while they're trying to disarm a nuclear bomb, but that's just me.

He was talking about doing a bike run.

Where the hell does a nuclear weapon fit into it? :confused:

SoulReaver
07-26-2006, 02:31 AM
He was talking about doing a bike run.

Where the hell does a nuclear weapon fit into it? :confused: Guess he's scared its going to blow up or something. :rolleyes:

FUS1ON
07-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Hey Night get some pics and have fun bud.

Caged Anger
07-26-2006, 12:37 PM
yea, can't wait to see the pics