PDA

View Full Version : Call of Juarez demo - Sort of

BobtheCkroach
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
There's a German demo of the game out now. The intro and menus are in german, but the game is still playable for us english folk.

Just depends on how bad you want to play. Personally, I was to play bad :D

For those of you that don't know, COJ is a "Wild West" game, but for once is receiving a lot of positive media, unlike recent western games like Red Dead Revolver and Gun.

I'm really excited b/c I think I wild west game done right would be a blast. Also,the graphics in the game are pretty stunning - they've been compared to Oblivion graphics.

German: ftp://ftp.ubi.com/de/callofjuarez/coj_demo_sp_de.zip

EDIT: The English Version is out now:

English: http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+Juarez+English+Demo/;5315383;;/fileinfo.html

Wiper
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah!!! thnx for the link...

Homepage: http://www.coj-game.com/

Were thinking about buying Prey till my eye felt on this game :cool: They compared it with Outlaws, just hope the music/feeling is just as good.

Wiper
07-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Yup, checked and really liked it :cool:

Love the doublehanded shootout. Hope that 800*600 will make it less hacky for me (allthough it's well playable). Only one minor till now (hehe no offence): Cowboys speaking German..... :rofl:

BlackWolf
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Thx for the link

Thats a pretty cool western game :cool:

there was another game called GUN released sometime ago anyone played that game and is it just as good as this ?

BobtheCkroach
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Thx for the link

Thats a pretty cool western game :cool:

there was another game called GUN released sometime ago anyone played that game and is it just as good as this ?

I've considered buying it a couple times - it floats around ebay for roughly 20 bucks. There's a show I trust for reviewing games called XPlay and they said that while it's not bad, it's not really that good either. And it's pretty darn short, I guess.

BobtheCkroach
07-28-2006, 12:57 AM
The english version is out now. I added the link to the first post.

BobtheCkroach
07-28-2006, 05:14 PM
And now, only 1 short day after the demo comes out, they've announced that the title is being delayed until '07 for 2 reasons:

1) to coincide with the release of the game on next-gen consoles.

And

2) to optimize the game for windows vista.

The European release, it claims, will be unchanged, so you maybe you guys on the other side of the Atlantic will be getting it soon.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I thought of it anyways. I loved the Reverend's gameplay, but Billy's was far too monotonous for me. Also, the pacing seemed slow - I couldn't really run at all.

FUS1ON
07-28-2006, 09:22 PM
That sucks, I had seen stuff on this game last year and was looking forward to it.

JIMINATOR
07-31-2006, 02:37 PM
wow, take a look at the fire effects in the game. They are pretty awesome.

http://media.putfile.com/Call-of-Juarez-74

NastyDawg
07-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I just checked this thread out..... looks pretty good downloading demo now thanks for the info guys.

Wiper
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Release date is 7Sept in the Netherlands (according to a gamemagazine wich showed the Review):cool:

BobtheCkroach
08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Release date is 7Sept in the Netherlands (according to a gamemagazine wich showed the Review):cool:

Is that where you're from, or just a random fact? :P

Either way, I didn't actually care for the game that much. Stunningly beautiful, but I thought the gameplay was fairly so-so.

Wiper
08-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Is that where you're from, or just a random fact? :P

Either way, I didn't actually care for the game that much. Stunningly beautiful, but I thought the gameplay was fairly so-so.

Yup, me flying dutchy:P

My opinion, finally a good westerngame and not the usual FPS-gameplay. But I'm not sure to buy, Zelda is kinda high on my rankinglist also.

Wiper
09-05-2006, 10:39 PM
MP demo is now downloadable (www.coj-game.com -> downloadsection of course ).

Didn't try it myself yet:)

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I missed seeing that video that Jim posted and now it won't load for me. Youtube has a bunch, the "Showdown Call of Juarez" is pretty cool .... HEADSHOT! "Call of Juarez Video 1" is shows some action and there is something that happens when he enters thsi one room, it looks like he took damage and it might be a 'dazzed' effect or maybe the player kicked in some sort of slow motion effect. IIRC it seems like I had read it was going to have that.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Call+of+Juarez&search=Search

Wiper
09-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I missed seeing that video that Jim posted and now it won't load for me. Youtube has a bunch, the "Showdown Call of Juarez" is pretty cool .... HEADSHOT! "Call of Juarez Video 1" is shows some action and there is something that happens when he enters thsi one room, it looks like he took damage and it might be a 'dazzed' effect or maybe the player kicked in some sort of slow motion effect. IIRC it seems like I had read it was going to have that.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Call+of+Juarez&search=Search

Yup, when you put your guns away and press the shootbutton a bullittimescene will appear wich is good for making headshots :cool:

MassacreAL
09-06-2006, 04:54 PM
somewhere i saw review when they told that its good game like gta, but when i was playing i felt like 5 years old bastard guided step-by-step by developers. maybe its becouse i was comparing it to gta too much, maybe it really sucks... there are plenty of better games, imho, go for something else

Wiper
09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
w00t...

Me got it :D

MassacreAL
09-18-2006, 07:14 PM
lol whats your rig and how is it running? ive heard it has bloody requirements

Wiper
09-18-2006, 07:23 PM
lol whats your rig and how is it running? ive heard it has bloody requirements

Cpu: 2600+ athlon
Ram: 1 gb 333mgh
GPU: 6600gt overclocked (to 560/1000)

don't know the framerate command but I estimate that on large open areas it's around 20-25 and in the town around 40 (settings on balanced). Try with a higher resolution cuz I believe the demo ran more smooth that on the 800*600 now.

So it's not the 60 we want, but still good playable :D And even for medium the graphics/suroundings/details/music are stunning :jammin:

MassacreAL
09-18-2006, 07:46 PM
sounds very good :cool:

if some of you want, on one czech gaming server is review(in czech) and ingame stream video(thats more interesting for you i guess)(its in middle of page, if you got lost)
http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/pc/recenze/c/callofjuarez.html