PDA

View Full Version : Everybods favorite Surgery

Headstrong3954
08-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Well....
I just got back from the dentist; I found out Monday that I was having my wisdom teeth remove. well, I just got home, so nothing major has happened yet. So far no pain, but is on its way. iv been a little space out, but iv been able to walk on my own pretty we without assistance (to the displeasure of my mom)

Next stop: the medicine wares off and the pain of having 4 deeply rooted teeth destroyed with soon kick inl

Pure_Evil
08-04-2006, 03:04 PM
the best part is getting food stuck the holes where teeth used to be. :D

BobtheCkroach
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM

Uh, I was doing that for like 3 weeks or a month after I had mine pulled. I was one of the fortunate few for which painkiller has no effect. They gave me 800 mg Vicadins. I ate those things every 4 hours on the dot (or whatever the time rule was) and I never felt a single drop of relief.

Goober
08-04-2006, 04:05 PM
It's because you are an old phart Bob. I had mine out at the age of 35 and about died. My daughter had them taken out at the age of 17 and didn't even need pain pills.

BobtheCkroach
08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
It's because you are an old phart Bob. I had mine out at the age of 35 and about died. My daughter had them taken out at the age of 17 and didn't even need pain pills.

I've been called an old fart by Goober...:bawling: What has life come to?

I was actually 17 when I had mine taken out, Goob.

MassacreAL
08-04-2006, 05:08 PM
yep yep, i like especcialy rice there. perfectly fits to the hole :rolleyes:

merkwannabe
08-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I had mine out at 12.. Pretty cool huh?

I had to have some other surgery and they decided they'd take them out so I wouldn't have to come back later. Thank god.. I'm 100x less brave now then I was then. :eek:

I hope everything stays okay for you sifi!

Die Hard
08-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I was one of the fortunate few for which painkiller has no effectAnother alien...........

BobtheCkroach
08-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Another alien...........

Who told you?!

Bingo
08-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I had mine out last year. Lots of fun.

Honestly, it's not all that bad, at least for me. I didn't really have any pain.

A couple things I will pass along. I'm sure they've already told you, but just in case:

1) ABSOLUTELY do not smoke or drink from a straw. Basically, you don't want any suction/vaccum things going on in your mouth or you will pull the blood clots out from the site. THIS is where the gawd-awful pain comes from. It's called a Dry Socket. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

2) Partly because of the dry-socket thing - try elevating the head of your bed just a couple inches. Not much, like a full sized book or so. Just enough to relieve a little of the pressure in the vessels of your head. It won't prevent anything really, but everything you can do to ease off that site is good. :)

3) Follow any and all instructions given to you by your oral surgeon.

Have fun!

Bingo

NastyDawg
08-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Another alien...........

http://bestsmileys.com/signs13/20.gif

Mad Fox
08-05-2006, 12:49 PM
I had my wisdom teeth out last november at about thanksgiving time. needless to say thanksgiving was a bust.

I had little pain just lots of swelling. And for me the pain pills made me sick.

Grimmy
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
I had 4 molars removed from the back, so I probably won't have to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Just hope they grow into place :)

Sirc
08-06-2006, 12:38 AM
I want everyone to know that I'm trying my best not to shoot nerf balls at Sifi's face when I walk by by him. :thumbs:

Headstrong3954
08-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, I was looking through the forum, and I see this thread called everyone’s favorite surgery. I scroll down to it and say, wow maybe this is about wisdom teeth, I just had mine out, and maybe they had the same.

Then I realized that I posted the thread, and I was too drugged to remember it…

The pain has not been bad at all, my pain killers make me a little fuzzy, but I seem to be remembering everything once the initial drugs wore off. I’m not super swollen, If you didn’t know me, you wouldn’t notice much. I can say I’m fed up with eating things that don’t require chewing. I’m already planning my next several meals for when I can chew again…