PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa Goober again

Goober
08-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Another grandson of Goober has arrived on the planet.
2 Months early and was stillborn....took them Doctors almost an hour to get his heart going. That was Saturday morning little booger almost didn't make it. Thanks to God and the skill of those hospital folks he's doing better. This morning he pulled out his breathing tube....Just to show that he didn't need it. MRI and EEG came out good so we're hoping there was no permanent damage during that time he wasn't breathing or having a heartbeat. Here's a pic of him sun bathing....

He's 3.8 lbs and 16" long Daughter gets to go home Tuesday....Grandson gets to leave the Hospital sometime late September....Daughter not to happy about that, but she and all of us are just glad he's alive.

EXEcution
08-07-2006, 02:47 AM
I am very glad tgo hear that your grandson is doing well. Congrats Goobs.

OUTLAWS Tip
08-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Wow, tough little guy.

Congrats!!

Death Engineer
08-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Very cute and probably a long road ahead for all involved. Keep us posted on his progress. He'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-07-2006, 05:25 AM
Adorable.....simply adorable. Congrats to all.

FUS1ON
08-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Congrats Goober, i'll make sure I remember him in my prayers

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
08-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Congrats Grandpa Goober! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. He's a beautiful little boy!

BobtheCkroach
08-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Praise God, Goob! What an amazing and miraculous story - I didn't realize that a baby that was stillborn had any hope at all...I thought they were pretty much just pronounced deceased upon birth. Was this Lash's son, or is this from a different daughter? If it was Lash's, I feel silly b/c I didn't realize that he and she were expecting.

I'll make sure to keep him in my prayers.

MassacreAL
08-07-2006, 02:04 PM
she doesnt give up easily, ic

Speedsweeper
08-07-2006, 02:15 PM
God is good. :thumbs:

Congrat's Goober. :wootrock:

Aries
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Congratulations Goober, courage and patience to the parents, good health wishes to the grandson.

Looking cool with the shades and the heart shaped sensor!

Goober
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone......Especially the prayers, means a lot to the family.

NOTICE: This is not LaSh's kid....you would have seen horns and a little tail.

This boy belongs to my daughter Kim...Her husband is a xbox360 player, <sigh> Just talked to her a little while ago. Baby boy (Bradley)is still making progress
I guess stillborn is a broad statement. His pulse was slowing down and came to a halt right before the c section, he wasn't moving at all, just laying there.....they immediately started chest compressions and loading him up with drugs.
He's cute for a poster boy for anorexia. When he breathes you can count his ribs. I'm just glad to see him breathing.

MassacreAL
08-07-2006, 07:00 PM
btw, what is your relation to Lash? cousin, brother... im new here, you know

BobtheCkroach
08-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone......Especially the prayers, means a lot to the family.

NOTICE: This is not LaSh's kid....you would have seen horns and a little tail.

This boy belongs to my daughter Kim...Her husband is a xbox360 player, <sigh> Just talked to her a little while ago. Baby boy (Bradley)is still making progress
I guess stillborn is a broad statement. His pulse was slowing down and came to a halt right before the c section, he wasn't moving at all, just laying there.....they immediately started chest compressions and loading him up with drugs.
He's cute for a poster boy for anorexia. When he breathes you can count his ribs. I'm just glad to see him breathing.

Thanks for the clarification - I can't believe I didn't think to look for the horns :D :P Glad to hear all is going well for you and yours.

BobtheCkroach
08-07-2006, 07:43 PM
btw, what is your relation to Lash? cousin, brother... im new here, you know

Lash is Goob'd son-in-law. If you don't know what that particular newfangled english word means, it means that Lash married Goob's daughter.

It also means that Goob is legally bound to be a huge pain in the butt to Lash :P

ALSO: Since this is Goob's Grandson, and I asked if it was lash's kid, that should have restricted their relationship to either father-son or father in law-son in law. If it's goob's grandson, and i asked if it was lash's kid...there should be no way that lash & goob are brothers/cousins/etc. It IS tennessee, though...

NastyDawg
08-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Congrats Grandpa Goober!, are thought and prayers are with your family.

Sepra
08-08-2006, 12:33 AM
He's adorable and congratulations grandpa :) I'm glad he's doing well..... I wish you and your family the best of luck and he'll be in my prayers.

UncleSam
08-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Congrats Goob and Familyl!!!

Black Rose
08-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Wonderful news Goober, congratulations http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/knuddel.gif
I wish you and your family all the best, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

T I K
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Great Pic :cool: wowZers, great news that hes doing better! Congrats to you n yours Mr. Grandpa Goober ( that G thing :D )

Even though this little guy Bradley sounds amazingly tuff, he and your family shall be in my prayers :thumbs:

Die Hard
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
One helluva job. Congrats Goob :jammin:

Mad Fox
08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Congratz and good luck

MassacreAL
08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Lash is Goob'd son-in-law. If you don't know what that particular newfangled english word means, it means that Lash married Goob's daughter.

It also means that Goob is legally bound to be a huge pain in the butt to Lash :P

ALSO: Since this is Goob's Grandson, and I asked if it was lash's kid, that should have restricted their relationship to either father-son or father in law-son in law. If it's goob's grandson, and i asked if it was lash's kid...there should be no way that lash & goob are brothers/cousins/etc. It IS tennessee, though...
thanx for explanation. and i know what son-in-law means, i know what whatever-in-law means(probably). in english classes they taught us that(relations is another incredibly boring stuff they wanted to bore us with)