PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet driver

ZeLL
08-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok first of all, i'm an idiot because i can't find a simple ethernet driver on the internet with my lap top so i can burn a cd and install it on my reformatted pc and get on the LAN there.
Second of all, what's up guys haven't seen yall in a while. :)

Anyway...
Where can i just get a regular ethernet controller that causes my newly installed windows to go on my cable connection?

an embarassing connection i know... but it seems like everything i've tried so far is just crap and hasn't helped at all.

thanks

Caged Anger
08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
if you have windows XP, it should be in there

secondly, if you would give us the manufacturor of your ethernet card, we might be able to track one down for you.

(btw, have you tried the windows update catalogue?)

EXEcution
08-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey Zell.
It should be on your motherboard disc. If you don't have that just download it here.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/drivers.php?categories=1&model=175

ZeLL
08-18-2006, 03:43 AM
ok so i dont have the abit cd but I did download all those LAN gigabyte files, put them on a cd, and then installed them on my other computer that has all the problems. On all of them they say they are NIC... but isn't that like a PCI card or something? I've messed around a million times with the device manager a million times. It thinks it is connected to internet through some 1349 Chip in my computer... what do i dooooooo?

ZeLL
08-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Nevermind... its working now...

So i guess there is only ONE EFFIN DRIVER that works with this. Abit had like 4 different LAN drivers and finally the 4th one i burned worked...

thanks for the input guys