PDA

View Full Version : The Brave Journey

Caged Anger
08-20-2006, 10:51 PM
I spent the day cleaning my extra parts boxes when i come upon the cd's that nasty dawg sent me a while back. I'm flippin through the case when i come upon the medal of honor disks i left alone because i already had the game. There are a number of disks so i pull them out....and LOW AND BEHOLD!!!!

RTCW!!!! (like OMGwoot!)

Having never played this game before, i quickly pop in the disk, ready to frag like only ID software can provide....
Then i hit the serial key validation page....and me without a code :(

Still determined to play this game, I put zone alarm on high, avast on maximum alert and load every spyware protection program i own. I also disable cookies and set my temp net files to 1 meg. I charge rapidly into the only key site I know of (figure i have a legit copy, i'm gonna play it :P)
(for obvious reasons, the site will remain anonymous)
I'm rapidly coming upon the site when i get blasted by the outter defences, the trojan worms... (INCOMING!)

Avast takes those out quick and I procede as fast as possible to enter my search for RTCW. But just as the next page loads BAM!, i get side tackled by another trojan (direct hit to port!) Avast once again autu nukes the file and I search for my key. By now ewido has popped up screaming that I have been infected with numerous tracking cookies, but those are wicked away soon enough.

Having tracked down a working set of keys, i procede to back out of the site, still getting blasted by the occasional trojan before making it to the perimeter and losing them in the dust. The first key worked (thank god) and the full system scan came up clean (phew)

and so ends my adventure into....the key gen zone :eek:

rancid monkey
08-20-2006, 11:57 PM
:rofl: That is the best discription of browsing a webpage EVER

Mad Fox
08-21-2006, 08:00 PM
:rofl: