PDA

View Full Version : MTV Awards

Mad Fox
09-01-2006, 11:25 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/31/mtv.awards.ap/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

I agree they were a flop.

Goober
09-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I remember when I was working out in Colorado back in 82, I got my first taste of MTV. Watching my favorite bands in a video was entertaining, not as good as a concert but pretty darn close.
Does MTV even play videos anymore? I quit watching it years ago when I discovered that all I saw when I switched to it was road rules or whatever they called it.

NastyDawg
09-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Does MTV even play videos anymore? .

I think so between 8:00am and 8:10am and between 11:30pm and 11:45pm, the rest of the time it's endless crapola.

Mad Fox
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
You have to develop a taste for MTV. Like Fine wine.

EXEcution
09-01-2006, 04:40 PM
You have to develop a taste for MTV. Like Fine wine.
Not really. Everything that made MTV fun to watch, such as the music videos, has gone out the window. Most of the reality shows on MTV epitomize America's superficiality. Everything is based upon how a person looks and how much money she or he has. The shows are all overly sponteneous lacking any susbtance or backstory. It illustrates immaturity and utter lack of respect for other people's opinions and privacy. In other word's it's pure bullsh*t.

Mad Fox
09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Not really. Everything that made MTV fun to watch, such as the music videos, has gone out the window. Most of the reality shows on MTV epitomize America's superficiality. Everything is based upon how a person looks and how much money she or he has. The shows are all overly sponteneous lacking any susbtance or backstory. It illustrates immaturity and utter lack of respect for other people's opinions and privacy. In other word's it's pure bullsh*t.

That crap is what makes it fun to watch. anyone with half a brain knows that acting like that in the real world is totally ludicrous and immmature.

OUTLAWS Tip
09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I think it is all crap.

Haven't watched MTV since they stopped playing videos.
:down: