PDA

View Full Version : The Movie

Mad Fox
09-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Recently I went o see World Trade Center. it was very tatefully done. It was enlightening how the rescuees had to rescue men stuck deep within the rubbel. Anyone else see this film.

BobtheCkroach
09-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Can't say that I have, or that I will. Maybe it's the fact that unlike past atrocities - WWII, Pearl Harbor, etc - I was around to witness and experience the event, but for some reason I have absolutely zero desire to watch any of the movies that are coming out about 9/11.

NastyDawg
09-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Can't say that I have, or that I will. Maybe it's the fact that unlike past atrocities - WWII, Pearl Harbor, etc - I was around to witness and experience the event, but for some reason I have absolutely zero desire to watch any of the movies that are coming out about 9/11.

I agree Bob, plus a lot of the movies coming out now days are slanted in one way or another to get there political point across. (Although I don't think that was done in this movie from what I have heard.)

Mad Fox
09-03-2006, 01:31 AM
I agree Bob, plus a lot of the movies coming out now days are slanted in one way or another to get there political point across. (Although I don't think that was done in this movie from what I have heard.)

It didn't have a political slant. It was a story of two police officers.

Caged Anger
09-03-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm with Bob and Dawg, just not my cup of tea to go see it or any others about 9/11

Mad Fox
09-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm with Bob and Dawg, just not my cup of tea to go see it or any others about 9/11

I thought that at first. But once i saw the movie, I changed my mind. The movie was really about how that infamous day cahnged their lives. It really din't fouc on the events of that day. I don't even remeber flight 93 mentioned.

FUS1ON
09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
I haven't seen World Trade Center yet, I have seen Flight 93. It wasn't a movie that had any award winning acting in it, it did show what I believe to be factual events of what happen that horrible day and served as a reminder as to why we are fighting this war on terrorism.

Pure_Evil
09-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I've seen enough footage of the event that weren't released to the public, and read more than enough to make me not want to see a hollywood version of it.