PDA

View Full Version : outlaws fear server?

JIMINATOR
09-04-2006, 02:38 AM
How about it? I know none of you guys play it, but it would get lots of traffic. Maybe get some here too.... :)

OUTLAWS Tip
09-04-2006, 05:04 AM
What do you need another server for? I thought there were like hundreds listed.
:)

JIMINATOR
09-04-2006, 05:47 AM
1200-1300. It may be useful for bringing new blood/clans, etc here.
If though there is no interest, that is fine too.... :)

Bingo
09-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I wish like hell Verizon would come put in Fios on my side of the bridge here. They've put it in across the Bay from me.
If they did I'd fix up my old rig and run a server or two on it.

As it is, I don't have enough bandwidth to run a server very well.

I'd love to do it though.

BlackWolf
09-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I think it would be a good idea Jim
would be great if it could bring some more life here in GM :thumbs:

OUTLAWS CHICO
09-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I haven't heard much on fear ,I have been playing Sam again hwen I come in on the weekends. I should be back to living at home in a couple more weeks . Then I might have the time to play more. Nice of you to come here Jim and inquire.Hey do you have a link to view on FEAR ?

JIMINATOR
09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
they have seperated the multiplayer game from the single player game.
You only need to register to get a key and then can play for free.

all the details and the download sites are @
http://gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78835

Hope to see you on bud.

There is no knife, but on some of the servers the movement speed
is jacked up for unarmed, and that is usually a 1 hit kill... :D

OUTLAWS CHICO
09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
just went and registered,NO KNIFE ?

JIMINATOR
09-04-2006, 06:51 PM
no, but like I said, on some servers you move twice as fast when unarmed, and the unarmed attack is lethal. Unlike sam, there are no health pups and armor is scarce. that is about as close to the knife as you can get... :)

Bingo
09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Well I went to give it a shot and see what I could do to try and come up with a server for the game.

Sadly, it appears the program is still very buggy and for me it won't even run. I spent about 30 minutes researching the problem and found a list of workarounds the developer came out with, tried just about all of them and the the game still won't run.

So no, no Outlaws server from me. At least not until they are able to put the game out without bugs. Unfortunately, from what I read, the same problem was found all the way back in the Beta stages and nothing was ever addressed, so I doubt it will be anytime soon, if at all.

Ah well. Shame, it looked like it might have had promise. Just another delete and forget from me.

Doc Holliday
09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
love the game fear i have been playing for a while now just not online no internet in the dorms at tech school but im leaving soon in 14 days ill be at home for 2 weeks before headed to FL for my first duty station...but fear is an awesome game just beat it not to long ago

Sirc
09-05-2006, 01:12 AM
just went and registered,NO KNIFE ?

:funny:

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Well I went to give it a shot and see what I could do to try and come up with a server for the game.
hey man, thanks for the attempt man, but I didn't want anybody to use their personal internet connection for it.... :)