PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin - crocodile hunter - RIP

JIMINATOR
09-04-2006, 04:47 AM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/23/10ebv.html

killed by a stingray. this is pretty shocking news.
He had a great love of the wild and tried to share it with everyone.
A damn shame. 44 years old, with two kids.

Dan2
09-04-2006, 05:17 AM
That's a shock. So sad for his family. :(

FUS1ON
09-04-2006, 06:01 AM
That is horrible. RIP Steve

j5tar
09-04-2006, 06:13 AM
CRIKEY!
I loved his TV shows :bawling: RIP Steve

Sirc
09-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Aww. :(

T I K
09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Crikey's, thats to bad.......RIP Steve Irwin :(

SHOTGUNmaniac
09-04-2006, 12:34 PM
RIP Steve.. This guy was amazing, especially having the balls and courage to get so close to some of the worlds poisonous snakes and spiders..

A truly amazing guy..

Bingo
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
That sucks man. He was very cool.

He was one of those dudes that has an almost eerie connection with some of these animals, both knowing what they are gonna do before they even do it, and seemingly able to communicate back to them too.

NightBreed
09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Damn shame..from what I've been reading, it's a one in a million shot for a stingray to attack like that. Must have been a wave or currents in the water, or else it was cornered...who knows...

I feel bad for his wife and kids, seemed like one helluva dad !!

RIP Steve !!

Mad Fox
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Poor guy. I really enjoyed his shows. he did some amazing things with animals.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-04-2006, 02:45 PM
A great loss, he was a unique person,....very sad news indeed.

Pure_Evil
09-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Wiggles Saffari is one of my son's favorites (mine too) :(

Die Hard
09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
RIP Steve :o

Silverfox
09-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Sad Day.. loved watching his show's, True Animal Lover..R.I.P. Steve.

Sepra
09-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Wow, what terrible news :(

rancid monkey
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
:bawling: :bawling: R.I.P Steve! Steve Irwin ruled. I remember going to watch his movie when i was 9 years old lol :P

Nick
09-04-2006, 09:49 PM
I feel bad for her wife and kids ..

sad news

The Priest
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
he will missed the man who loved all creatures

Xeno
09-04-2006, 10:35 PM
R.I.P.
Maybe he is dead, but he will ever be or stay in our hearts:wub:

The_Omega_Zealot
09-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Feel bad for his family... they must be real proud of him though, "My daddy was the Croc Hunter!"

Caged Anger
09-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter

.....death by stingray?! WTF!!!!!!

NastyDawg
09-05-2006, 01:13 AM
RIP Steve, So sad to see him go like this!

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter

.....death by stingray?! WTF!!!!!!

I know and to think of all the other extremely dangerous things he did.

Sepra
09-05-2006, 05:51 AM
RIP Steve, So sad to see him go like this!

It is very sad that he died, but he died the field doing what he loved. You've got to at least give the situation that much. :( Animals were his passion......

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
I just read that before he died he took ou the barb!

NastyDawg
09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Lots of things will be flying around about it, I'M not sure if we know the full story yet...time will tell Fox

Sepra
09-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I read that too in more than one place. Evidently its said that he pulled the barb out and bled to death shortly after.

I wonder if things would have been different if he left the barb in until medics got there.

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Lots of things will be flying around about it, I'M not sure if we know the full story yet...time will tell Fox

The camera man has it on film.

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
LATEST: The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me." An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/crocodile%20hunter%20death%20to%20be%20broadcast_1 007314

I don't think it should be shown, but if that was his wish and the family honors it ....

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
yeah, the problem is that lots of bottom feeding news programs are actually making hints about the footage, and then they don't have jack. Not to be unexpected however.

Sirc
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/crocodile%20hunter%20death%20to%20be%20broadcast_1 007314

I don't think it should be shown, but if that was his wish and the family honors it ....

There's probably not a whole lot to see. The stingray was buried in the sand, so as soon as it struck it probably filled the water with clouds of sand and silt.

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Maybe he died immediately, maybe there was a struggle to get to the top while leaking blood. either way, it is not something I want to see. Hey, I am all for exploiting his life, because what a wonderful life he had, but not his death. That should be private.

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Maybe he died immediately, maybe there was a struggle to get to the top while leaking blood. either way, it is not something I want to see. Hey, I am all for exploiting his life, because what a wonderful life he had, but not his death. That should be private.

Exactly!

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I can never see why death is private. it is a natural occurance of LIFE.

NastyDawg
09-05-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree with Jim and Sho,.... It's kind of like the last pictures of Dale Earnhardt Sr after his death due to a wreck in a race. It's none of are damn business what he looked like, remember them for what they where.

<<Hybrid>>
09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
read this in newspaper today,,, whole world is shocked.. he is on TV on all news

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 11:51 PM
I can never see why death is private. it is a natural occurance of LIFE.
true, but what I am talking about here is that the video would only be used for shock effect and exploitation in magazines, news stories and so forth. Like "Exclusive video! How the crocodile hunter died!". That was not what he was about. His life was a celebration of the wild. They can talk about what he did for wildlife without showing any of that.

NastyDawg
09-05-2006, 11:53 PM
true, but what I am talking about here is that the video would only be used for shock effect and exploitation in magazines, news stories and so forth. Like "Exclusive video! How the crocodile hunter died!". That was not what he was about. His life was a celebration of the wild. They can talk about what he did for wildlife without showing any of that.

Exactly!

Sirc
09-06-2006, 12:03 AM
I think you guys are missing the point that Steve was trying to make when he gave his permission to have the video of his death made public. He does sh** that NO ONE should be doing. He knew it, and he always made sure the people watching what he did knew it. I think he knew his luck would run out eventually. When the video of his death is released, it will be his last performance, and it will drive home the fact that wild animals are wild animals. They have as much right to be on this Earth as we do, and if you do not respect the fact that they are deadly, you have the very real chance of getting killed by one of them.

He was a terrific entertainer, and he had incredible respect and love for the animals he handled. His wish was that his last performance be one that showed clearly how dangerous the things he was doing actually were. The video of his death is his last gift to us, and his last warning.

Mad Fox
09-06-2006, 12:04 AM

I wouldn't want something exploited like that. But a tastefu explanation/video is appropriate.

FUS1ON
09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
I've given into my curiosity a few times and watched two videos on the .net, one was an autopsy and the other one was of a hostage that was beheaded by Al Qaeda, after watching those I felt .... well I don't know how to describe it exactly but I know didn't like it and felt bad and even ashamed for watching them for several days.