PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking In

Caged Anger
09-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Second day on campus, its going fairly well, first night was pretty rough.

In a room with 2 soccar players (neither of which seem like they are going to be around very much (woot) Bed in comfy, people are cool, food is great :thumbs:

However, lol, there are some things to be desired. For one, I am only given 1 outlet (i have a strip so no biggy) that has no electricity coming out...(woot, maintenance will fix it...eventually :D), there are only 2 ethernet outlets....both of which are taken and the wireless doesn't seem to reach the dorms (nuts), so needless to say there are a few things irking me and a few things that are making this great...hmm, interesting. OH, and they have this funky security setup for the internet so that should prove interesting as well... :)

Oh well, so goes life, charge onward!

FUS1ON
09-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Have fun, have you met Thornton Mellon yet? I hear he throws some kickass parties.

BTW
soccar=incorrect
soccer=correct

Mad Fox
09-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Second day on campus, its going fairly well, first night was pretty rough.

In a room with 2 soccar players (neither of which seem like they are going to be around very much (woot) Bed in comfy, people are cool, food is great :thumbs:

However, lol, there are some things to be desired. For one, I am only given 1 outlet (i have a strip so no biggy) that has no electricity coming out...(woot, maintenance will fix it...eventually :D), there are only 2 ethernet outlets....both of which are taken and the wireless doesn't seem to reach the dorms (nuts), so needless to say there are a few things irking me and a few things that are making this great...hmm, interesting. OH, and they have this funky security setup for the internet so that should prove interesting as well... :)

Oh well, so goes life, charge onward!

Hope all works out. Cheesh for all that money too

JIMINATOR
09-04-2006, 06:54 PM
get an ethernet switch, ~$20, then you connect multiple computers.
there is a chance that might not work, then you would have to get a router insead for some more money...

MassacreAL
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
good to hear that there is everything alright on college :thumbs:

btw do you know someone there? i mean do you have there some old buds

Caged Anger
09-05-2006, 12:07 AM
no old buds, ncie fresh start here :)

Found out today that maintenance should take care of the electrical outlet tomarrow. Also, we are guarenteed internet access so I am going to be a loaned a ethernet switch free of charge (WOOT!)

....and who the heck is Thornton Mellon?

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 12:42 AM
You must rent this! :D
http://www.dvdreview.com/fullreviews/back_to_school.shtml

NastyDawg
09-05-2006, 01:16 AM
BTW
soccar=incorrect
soccer=correct

LOL, I would have excepted no less from you Sho...

Good luck Caged thing will work out give it some time.

Wiper
09-05-2006, 10:57 AM
no old buds, ncie fresh start here :)

Found out today that maintenance should take care of the electrical outlet tomarrow. Also, we are guarenteed internet access so I am going to be a loaned a ethernet switch free of charge (WOOT!)

....and who the heck is Thornton Mellon?

Ahh, campusnetwork.... Guaranteed hyper download-/sharespeed:thumbs:

Hehe, in the Netherlands they maximized the amount of download/month to 50Gb. Some were able to share/download a few terrabites each month :rofl:

Caged Anger
09-05-2006, 07:25 PM
lol, i don't fileshare, so that isn't a problem

weeeellll, today was rather productive. got a lot of stuff taken care of and had the whole class meeting type thing. Got my port switch so I have my own ethernet line now. Unfortunately the maintenance peeps came when i wasn't here and said they fixed it. I don't think they knew which outlet because it still doesn't work. I went down to building director and he said he would try them again tomarrow :rolleyes:

Die Hard
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi Caged :wave:

Caged Anger
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
:wave: oi amigo

EXEcution
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Glad you're enjoying yourself. My favorite part about college so far is having all that free time to walk around, check out all the facilities, eat some lunch, and do some research/homework. It's certainly a great place to meet new people. And even though my college is ranked #2 in the nation for diversity, I am sure that your college has some interesting people whom you would like to meet (maybe gamers or people with other similar interests). Just make the best of it because after college you will be working for the rest of your life. Not that it's a bad thing but depending on your career choice your options will be limited in terms of the people you can meet and befriend.

So good luck and have fun!

Caged Anger
09-05-2006, 10:10 PM
omg, no kidding about interesting people. I had a blast last night talking with this pair of twin girls that are actually triplets :eek: (brother went to another school)

was both creepy and extremely cool at the same time :D

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 11:37 PM
omg, no kidding about interesting people. I had a blast last night talking with this pair of twin girls that are actually triplets :eek: (brother went to another school)

was both creepy and extremely cool at the same time :D

Thats like some crazzy sex fantasy

Caged Anger
09-06-2006, 12:10 PM
....:dunno: :confused:

Mad Fox
09-06-2006, 01:11 PM
....:dunno: :confused:

ok maybe its just my fantasy

BobtheCkroach
09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
ok maybe its just my fantasy

Or maybe Caged is confused b/c he saw them and, uh, they're NOT the stuff of fantasy! :eek:

Mad Fox
09-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Or maybe Caged is confused b/c he saw them and, uh, they're NOT the stuff of fantasy! :eek:

Twins would be pretty cool anyway