PDA

View Full Version : Thread locking Pt. 3

JayChyl
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Well not to start anything here but wanna let all the people who still think closing topics and banning people is ridiculous - you're wrong. Just check other weak forums and how people act there. 95% of immature kids. It's obvious that lame people trying to insult someone, which is still laughable since it's easy to insult someone over the net. Both sides don't even know eachother. So to keep the forums clean from useless trash, Admins close the topics/ban the abusers. No big deal. But still gotta admit some Admins here are pain in the ass, not including their "god ego".
I'm not talking about ALL admins here so calm down now. 75% of you keep a good work.

So keep it clean and do your work without abusing your high member status.

BobtheCkroach
09-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Can we just go ahead and lock this one now? :P

JayChyl
09-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Ye, nothing to add here ^^

Pure_Evil
09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
edditted :P

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 03:38 PM
The point of this was?

BobtheCkroach
09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
edditted :P

What did you edit?

JayChyl
09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
He removed word: ****** :D

What's the point? Stop bragging about banning/closing threads if they really contain explicit content.

1st warning

BobtheCkroach
09-05-2006, 05:50 PM
He removed word: xxx :D

What's the point? Stop bragging about banning/closing threads if they really contain explicit content.

:banghead:

Now he's going to have to edit you again. I was expecting something like "I took out a derogatory word that refers to homosexuals" or something like that, not the actual word. I just couldn't figure out where the word was missing, mostly.

MassacreAL
09-05-2006, 05:55 PM
what so wrong with word ****? you all use word "ass" in every second sentece...

first warning 2 U 2

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
the word is used to disparage another group of people, similar to racist terms. you can't choose your race, and all evidence shows you can't choose your sexual preferences. btw: everone can be a dumbass at any given time, the same does not apply to racist or homophobic terms.

BobtheCkroach
09-05-2006, 06:42 PM
what so wrong with word *****? you all use word "ass" in every second sentece...

It's on the level (not widely considered quite as offensive, but same mentality) as referring to a black person by using the "n" word. It's not that the word is just considered a swear word, but that it's so deragatory.

Sirc
09-05-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't see any locked threads. What brought this up again? Is Chyl just trolling or what?

Pure_Evil
09-05-2006, 07:23 PM
:hmmm: been a long time since I've banned someone who wasn't a advertising punk

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
:hmmm: been a long time since I've banned someone who wasn't a advertising punk

Do it

Then we can start a flame thread and get it heated up in the OT

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Of course dont ban me or you wont have an interesting nobody thread

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't see any locked threads. What brought this up again? Is Chyl just trolling or what?

Exactly, He must be tripping.

Die Hard
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
yawn....

MassacreAL
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
im also wondering, why are words "sh1t" and "fcuk" always covered by stars? if someone wants to say it, he can always use 1 instead of i. and meaning is the same. its just useless rule that can be so easily bypassed(and fortunately no one cares)

Caged Anger
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
what puzzles me is why this guy suddenly pops out of nowhere with over 1000 posts and puts something BS-ish up like this (insert blank stare)

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
im also wondering, why are words "sh1t" and "fcuk" always covered by stars? if someone wants to say it, he can always use 1 instead of i. and meaning is the same. its just useless rule that can be so easily bypassed(and fortunately no one cares)

Sh!t that is it, i've ****ing had it with you, my God complex has gone to my head and i'm banning your ass forever. :D

MassacreAL
09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Sh!t that is it, i've ****ing had it with you, my God complex has gone to my head and i'm banning your ass forever. :D
dont mess with me im ****** :D (you see i told it about myself (mwhahaha-so-cruel-idea) so PE shouldnt delete it ;) )

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Shit and **** now work but that word you used no longer does.

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
BTW there is a reason why we censor certain words, bypass them by adding letters or numbers at your own risk.

Sirc
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM

:funny:

Shogun is getting pretty wild in his old age. :D

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Holy shit! I don't ****ing believe it!

Die Hard
09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
:eek:

EXEcution
09-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I kinda agree with the whole censorship thing. The 's'-word and the 'f'-word should not be used on a daily basis to either piss someone off or to show how pissed off you are. However, in extreme cases, where it become increasingly difficult to deliver a point.... well why the **** not?!

EDIT: shit

Sirc
09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm still gonna spell them f**k and sh**. It's cause I'm sensitive damnit!

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
More than likely someone would use them in a moment of anger so sure we can use curse words when we get mad and that is understandable up to a point. Just using curse words to be cursing in normal day to day conversation is a sure sign of immaturity and someone that feels that need attention drawn to themselves in my opinion.

Death Engineer
09-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Personally, I'd like to see someone express their anger in a way that gets across what they are trying to say. Using expletives is a common cop out for using your brain and actually saying how you feel. My favorite and most commonly used expletive is "Crap!" There. I said it. In public. Other random potty words I regularly use are "Shoot" and "Dang it." ;)

Sirc
09-05-2006, 11:26 PM
I tend to say "Rats!" IRL, but whenever I use it on the forums DH gets mad at me.

T I K
09-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Well DE now you went and dit it (before i had teh chance......) darn, darn, darn ! :D

FUS1ON
09-05-2006, 11:29 PM
@#$%& it!!! :D

Mad Fox
09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I think such a huge desicion should be brought ot the gamemmecca public for a vote.

NastyDawg
09-05-2006, 11:52 PM
More than likely someone would use them in a moment of anger so sure we can use curse words when we get mad and that is understandable up to a point. Just using curse words to be cursing in normal day to day conversation is a sure sign of immaturity and someone that feels that need attention drawn to themselves in my opinion.

I agree Sho, there is no need for it here, you can get your point across without using those kind of words.

JIMINATOR
09-05-2006, 11:56 PM
...explitives...
wow, DE made a spellin misteake. :)

expletives are just a part of language. It is only their shock value that gives them any meaning. Personally I don't use any in my daily speech, except perhaps when I am trying to get a strong opinion across. Other forums with young audiences allow them. they are not overused there, so I don't see the big deal. Besides, kids curse up a storm when they are not around adults, so it is no real 'example' of anything.

T I K
09-06-2006, 12:44 AM

expletives are just a part of language. It is only their shock value that gives them any meaning. Personally I don't use any in my daily speech, except perhaps when I am trying to get a strong opinion across. Other forums with young audiences allow them. they are not overused there, so I don't see the big deal. Besides, kids curse up a storm when they are not around adults, so it is no real 'example' of anything.

Maybe....not that it matters, or does it ? But would that make it always ok, or even always right. Even I have used explititives on some rare occasions :rolleyes: But you have to have, and be able to set limits !! And I do disagree when you say it doesn't set an 'example' :thumbs: But then thats just this one's opinion :rolleyes:

Nitro
09-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Anything overused is not good. Using something in moderation is the way to go. Sadly, I have no use for any naughty words in this post. *cries*

Death Engineer
09-06-2006, 03:49 AM

Aww fart knocker. I'll fix it.

JayChyl
09-06-2006, 12:13 PM
So actually you mean insteaf of using the word I mentioned in my last post I should use something like dickhead, smartass, shithead, useless crap, dumbass, weakling, garbage, less than 0, brainless, stupid, fool and there are many more words I could think of. It doesn't mean to discriminate other race/religion. Everyone can be a dickhead.

Am I right?

Oh btw, forgot to mention I didn't use word I mentioned in my last post against anyone so I don't see the point why some people talk about censored words.

This topic was meant to express people how it should be done. And after a few posts the topic changes completely.

Nick
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
QUOTE ". Everyone can be a dickhead.

Am I right?"

no...just you !! :D

BobtheCkroach
09-06-2006, 01:29 PM
So actually you mean insteaf of using the word I mentioned in my last post I should use something like dickhead, smartass, shithead, useless crap, dumbass, weakling, garbage, less than 0, brainless, stupid, fool and there are many more words I could think of. It doesn't mean to discriminate other race/religion. Everyone can be a dickhead.

Am I right?

Oh btw, forgot to mention I didn't use word I mentioned in my last post against anyone so I don't see the point why some people talk about censored words.

This topic was meant to express people how it should be done. And after a few posts the topic changes completely.

The first 2 Thread Locking threads came at a time when peeps were upset b/c of specific threads that had been locked. It was current. This time, you brought it up months after that had happened, when there's been no thread locking that was making folks upset. So...NO ONE CARES! It's old news.

BobtheCkroach
09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
As far as swearing goes, I really think it's the mentality more than the language. My youth leader once said in Sunday School that if you call someone a "cabbage head" and you're totally serious about it, it's just as much a sin (I'm coming @ this from a Christian angle, but it can be applied regardless) as calling someone a mother****er.

I've always felt that if you and I both hit our thumbs w/ a hammer at the same time, and you say "crap!" and I say "sh!t!", there's really 0 difference between the 2. We mean the exact same thing, and so the wording is no different. I try to avoid the F word in all settings, but that's just a personal preference of mine.

I try to avoid using expletives as a form of namecalling, etc. If I want to get my point across, there are better ways than calling the next guy a dickhead or a mofo.

Darn it, though, if I hit my thumb with a hammer, DAMN it hurts!

BobtheCkroach
09-06-2006, 01:34 PM
QUOTE ". Everyone can be a dickhead.

Am I right?"

no...just you !! :D

:rofl:

Mad Fox
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Swearing is ignorant. If you can't think of a better word to expresss yourself you need to learn some new vocabulary words.

Pure_Evil
09-06-2006, 04:50 PM
As far as swearing goes, I really think it's the mentality more than the language. My youth leader once said in Sunday School that if you call someone a "cabbage head" and you're totally serious about it, it's just as much a sin (I'm coming @ this from a Christian angle, but it can be applied regardless) as calling someone a mother****er.

people can call me a motherf***er all the want

I date single Moms :D

http://members.cox.net/pure_e/single%20moms.gif

Nitro
09-06-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm guessing nig=(-_-)=ga was the magic word that got everyone all riled up in here? O.o

BobtheCkroach
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm guessing nig=(-_-)=ga was the magic word that got everyone all riled up in here? O.o

Wasn't so much got riled up as got into a discussion w/ Mass about why some words are just swearing and some words are truly just derogatory and offensive. Then it went from there.

No, however, that wasn't the word.

This word is a deragatory term for a gay person, 6 letters long, and also means "Bundle of sticks".

Remember to answer in the form of a question.

lol

Slice
09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Crack anyone?

Pure_Evil
09-06-2006, 08:12 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/mooners/2.gif
for Slice

NightBreed
09-06-2006, 08:18 PM
people can call me a motherf***er all the want

I date single Moms :D

http://members.cox.net/pure_e/single%20moms.gif

:wootrock: :rofl: Atta boy !!

JayChyl
09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok Nick I'm a dickhead.

You're a shithead :D

Rofl.

Die Hard
09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I tend to say "Rats!" IRL, but whenever I use it on the forums DH gets mad at me.That's because it's my saying you Rat :P

Wiper
09-06-2006, 09:13 PM
At least he got what he came for...

Attention :baby:

FUS1ON
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM

No Nitro that was not the word and I know you use it all the time because all you have to do is Google your name and that word to see that it is a favorite of yours. This is not your first time using it here by bypassing our censors and you are fully aware of this because i've warned you via PM before about using that word here and now i've warned you publicly. If you persist in using it or bypassing the N word here, i'm going to show you the door.

Edited for bad speelin'

Goober
09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Wasn't so much got riled up as got into a discussion w/ Mass about why some words are just swearing and some words are truly just derogatory and offensive. Then it went from there.

No, however, that wasn't the word.

This word is a deragatory term for a gay person, 6 letters long, and also means "Bundle of sticks".

Remember to answer in the form of a question.

lol

Dagnabit.......I had to look that one up. It's also an obsolete unit of measure. It also means a burning piece of coal(I knew that one). Which if dropped down your shorts would make you use all kinds of harsh language.
Now if y'all would just Chyl, I will go finish my supper......hee hee, I made a funny.

BobtheCkroach
09-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Dagnabit.......I had to look that one up. It's also an obsolete unit of measure. It also means a burning piece of coal(I knew that one). Which if dropped down your shorts would make you use all kinds of harsh language.
Now if y'all would just Chyl, I will go finish my supper......hee hee, I made a funny.

Well done, Goob! Very funny!

Caged Anger
09-06-2006, 11:15 PM
goob ftw

Nitro
09-07-2006, 12:05 AM
No Nitro that was not the word and I know you use it all the time because all you have to do is Google your name and that word to see that it is a favorite of yours. This is not your first time using it here by bypassing our censors and you are fully aware of this because i've warned you via PM before about using that word here and now i've warned you publicly. If you persist in using it or bypassing the N word here, i'm going to show you the door.

Edited for bad speelin'
aww cmon, I snuck in the cute lil GoDs smiley in there!

Pathos
09-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Bahaha! Damnit i just about spat out like half a Nutri Grain (yes i'm munching on milk-less Nutri Grain with 3, count 'em, coffee's in front of me... breakfasting in Australia can get really weird.)

Aaaaaanyway, cheers for the dribbly happy and the subsequent need to wipe down my monitor, Goobles! [manly curtsy]

I mean... bow. Manly *BOW!* Nobody saw that, ok?

Ok.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-07-2006, 04:50 AM
That word is also a slang term for a cigarette.

There, I've made my contribution to a "drama" thread........I feel so dirty... :)

JayChyl
09-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Ye attention plx. Rofl. Annoying. Why would I need attention.

Anyway I know you're smart :D

Marz, agreed. Huge games forums are pain.

Xenu
09-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Hmmm the word Jaychyl used has several meanings and can be interpreted differently.

-(epithet), a derogatory slang term for a homosexual or "unmanly" male
-(wood), a bundle of sticks or branches, usually meant for use as firewood
-(novel), a novel by Larry Kramer
-(unit of measurement), an archaic unit of measurement
-(silent T), the NATO reporting name for the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 airplane
-(food), a British pork meatball.
-(to) is the name in many languages of the musical instrument bassoon
-In BDSM, it is also used in a meaning returning to the fasces-principle: a bundle of bound twigs/sticks as a spanking implement.

Look it up yourself!

Sirc
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Hmmm the word Jaychyl used has several meanings and can be interpreted differently.

-In BDSM, it is also used in a meaning returning to the fasces-principle: a bundle of bound twigs/sticks as a spanking implement.

Look it up yourself!

Who are you?

FUS1ON
09-07-2006, 11:32 PM
They are someone that is using Anonymouse to browse and needs to read the ToS here, Rule 11.

11. Using Internet sites to hide/change your IP. If you use any Internet software/site intended to hide or mask your IP, your account will be punished. This rule has nothing to do with routers and normal hardware/software used that sometimes mask your real IP. This rule pertains to people that visit "hacking" sites prior to visiting GameMecca that hide/change their IP so that they can get around our ban filters and/or attempt malicious action towards GameMecca.

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8095

Bye bye, come back when you take off your mask.

The IP that that company uses has now been added to our list of banned IPs.

Pure_Evil
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
bust im up Sho!

http://members.cox.net/pure_e/beavisstomping_e0.gif

Sirc
09-07-2006, 11:53 PM
They are someone that is using Anonymouse to browse and needs to read the ToS here, Rule 11.

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8095

Bye bye, come back when you take off your mask.

The IP that that company uses has now been added to our list of banned IPs.

That's commonly known as the "Sirc" rule here at GM. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
09-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Upon further review, since that IP is banned and they can not use it any longer i'm going to give Xenu the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know about that rule and unban them .... for now.

Mad Fox
09-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Upon further review, since that IP is banned and they can not use it any longer i'm going to give Xenu the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know about that rule and unban them .... for now.

Lets play the guessing game and find out who this is?

JayChyl
09-08-2006, 06:04 PM

Look it up yourself!

Hahaha, very funny. Yawn. You found wrong place to show your ass off kid. Your IQ below 0 is undoubtful. And lol at the screen you posted. Nothing that would impress any good player. Get over it.