Carbon monoxide in products: 1,554

:thumbs:

Mad Fox
09-12-2006, 02:30 AM
I'm scared to live.

It really puts things in perspective.

EXEcution
09-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Is this based on a yearly survey? An average? It makes no sense to me, they're just numbers.

Speedsweeper
09-12-2006, 08:36 AM
If you're time's up on this earth then you're time's up.

Live it to the full.

Mad Fox
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Is this based on a yearly survey? An average? It makes no sense to me, they're just numbers.

No matter the time period it show your chance of being killed in that manner.

BobtheCkroach
09-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Bah, this is the kind of stuff that makes people paranoid for no good reason. And the fact is, it almost certainly wouldn't make anyone paranoid except that "terrorism" is at the bottom of the list, so people figure if that's that low, good lord I'm going to die.

What does this suggest? Should I now constantly look around me when I'm walking down the road? Should I be paranoid like death is always at my back? Screw that.

The only people that should read this and have their eyes opened are the ones that have never watched the news or read the paper in their entire life and it suddenly dawns on them that - OMG - driving can be dangerous! :rolleyes:

When it's up it's up - Chris hit that one on the money. I drive safe. I walk safely and intelligently when I'm out and about. that's all I can do. I cannot guarentee that grandma won't fall asleep at the wheel and hit me. I cannot gurantee that some guy won't rob a bank that I'm in and shoot me.

All I can do is live my life the way it should be lived and let everything settle itself out.

Caged Anger
09-12-2006, 02:42 PM
what this is meant to show is that people should be more worried about the little things around them and worry less about terrorism. This was posted on wired news just for your info :)

NastyDawg
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
what this is meant to show is that people should be more worried about the little things around them and worry less about terrorism. This was posted on wired news just for your info :)

One nuke could change that all real quick.

EXEcution
09-12-2006, 03:17 PM
The whole concept of dying a certain way is much more complex than just a series of numbers. The factors change every single day. It mentions being killed by the flu but says nothing about any other infectious diseases or cancer. Some people are just unlucky and they die earlier than expected.

I don't think people are worried about dying from terrorism as much as the though of another terrorist attack and perhaps losing a friend or family member as well as the numerous economic, political, and social effects an attack has on the country. Terrorism is a political weapon after all and should not be compared with a car accident.

Mad Fox
09-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I think we sould be more concerned about a man going ballistic in the grocery store because they didn't take his coupon and then coming back and shooting the place up then other "bigger threat".

EXEcution
09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I think we sould be more concerned about a man going ballistic in the grocery store because they didn't take his coupon and then coming back and shooting the place up then other "bigger threat".
So you're saying that we should concern ourselves with other people's problems rather than our own personal problems? That's what psychologists are for.

NastyDawg
09-12-2006, 03:22 PM

True Fox,
Personally I don't worry about any of it on a day to day basis, when my time comes, it comes.

Mad Fox
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
So you're saying that we should concern ourselves with other people's problems rather than our own personal problems? That's what psychologists are for.

No what I'm say is that those types of problems are the real threat to our safety.

EXEcution
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
No what I'm say is that those types of problems are the real threat to our safety.
So basically you're saying that man is man's worst enemy. I agree, but only to an extent.

Mad Fox
09-12-2006, 06:59 PM
So basically you're saying that man is man's worst enemy. I agree, but only to an extent.

In a nut shell yes. I would say I think on a smaller level than most.

Sirc
09-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I died from walking down the street once. I got better though.

EXEcution
09-13-2006, 02:10 AM
I died from walking down the street once. I got better though.
Same thing happened to me when I read some of your older posts. I didn't die, but I didn't get better. :P

Sirc
09-13-2006, 04:06 AM
Same thing happened to me when I read some of your older posts. I didn't die, but I didn't get better. :P

Read them again! There's still a possiblilty that you could die from it. :thumbs: