Mad Fox
09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
How do I clean my laptop lcd screen

Die Hard
09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
with a screen wipe?

Sirc
09-13-2006, 07:54 PM
A soft damp cloth should work fine. DON'T use ammonia-based (Windex) or alcohol-based cleaners.

And work on your aim. ;)

NightBreed
09-13-2006, 08:23 PM
And work on your aim. ;)

:funny: :rofl:

BobtheCkroach
09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
A soft damp cloth should work fine. DON'T use ammonia-based (Windex) or alcohol-based cleaners.

Why can't you use windex? I use it all the time and it's always worked fine for me.

Beside that, though, most places like Walmart, Circuit City, etc carry screen wipes that are supposed to be safe on electronics.

Sirc
09-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Why can't you use windex? I use it all the time and it's always worked fine for me.

Beside that, though, most places like Walmart, Circuit City, etc carry screen wipes that are supposed to be safe on electronics.

Windex (and any ammonia product) is for glass. If you have a CRT then it's probably fine (although it may affect an anti-glare coating). On a laptop it will eventually cloud the plastic, as will things like Formula 409, etc. It's not like you're frying eggs on your monitor (or well, if you are...stop it!). There shouldn't be anything on the surface of your monitor that a soft cloth dampened with water wouldn't easily remove. Buying screen wipes is a complete waste of money. But this is just my humble opinion. You of course are free to use whatever you want.

JIMINATOR
09-13-2006, 11:43 PM
dishwasher will guaranteed get it clean. :thumbs:

Mad Fox
09-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Windex (and any ammonia product) is for glass. If you have a CRT then it's probably fine (although it may affect an anti-glare coating). On a laptop it will eventually cloud the plastic, as will things like Formula 409, etc. It's not like you're frying eggs on your monitor (or well, if you are...stop it!). There shouldn't be anything on the surface of your monitor that a soft cloth dampened with water wouldn't easily remove. Buying screen wipes is a complete waste of money. But this is just my humble opinion. You of course are free to use whatever you want.

The wet cloth worked very nice. All i had was afew smudges and dust

Caged Anger
09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
i bought a giant bottle of those cleaning wipes from walmart, they seem to work just fine, although they occasionally leave some residue.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Good questions, thanks for the answers.........I'd been using paper towels and water.....will switch to a lint free cloth.....thanks again for bringing up this topic.