PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Pricing and dates announced?

BobtheCkroach
09-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Ok, it's not exactly confirmed yet, but according to this link, it will be by day's end.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/14/0449256

250 and nov 19.

Xeno
09-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Is Wii better then 360 or Playstation 3?

NastyDawg
09-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I have not been a Nintendo fan, but this new Wii looks much better. I will have to read and see more about it once it it released. Thanks for the info Bob

BobtheCkroach
09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Is Wii better then 360 or Playstation 3?

Depends on how you define better.

If "better" means processing power, no. It's not going to be nearly as powerful as either the 360 or the ps3. However, that was true for the gamecube in relation to the ps2 and the xbox and i feel it still kept up pretty well (technology wise..it definitely got beat in the market game). Also, the wii will only support DVD - no HD-DVD or Blueray like the others. No high-def support, either.

If it means prices, definitely. It's debuting at $250 - with a small demo game included. 360 has a $300 and a $400 model. PS3 has a $500 and a $600 model. Game price target is $50, versus $60 for most new 360 and (assumed) ps3 pricing.

If it means originality, certainly. the wii will have a virtual console that allows you to purchase older games from every nintendo system as well as some others (I believe the sega systems and and atari, etc) The controller will be gyro sensitive and the majority of the games will rely on this.

If you mean titles, I guess that's your pick. For me, there are 2 titles that make a console worth it - Zelda and Mario. both are nintendo titles, so I say yeah.

BobtheCkroach
09-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I have not been a Nintendo fan, but this new Wil looks much better. I will have to read and see more about it once it it released. Thanks for the info Bob

i've always been a nintendo fan. The NES, SNES and 64 were great systems. All were innovative systems.

While I felt that the GC was OK in and of itself, the titles weren't there and overall it was a bad showing for them, I think. Also, I think it was the first nintendo system that lacked something that no one else could give you. All the other systems set the bar, but the gamecube really didn't. It was just there. It had a controller pretty much like everyone elses, a system no more powerful or different than anyones, and far less third party support. they didn't even try that hard with first party titles. 1 zelda title that turned off as many people as it turned on, no true mario title (sunshine...COME ON!)...it just had some big let downs.

I'm really hoping that title support will be there (given the 20-30 launch titles,I think it will) b/c this has the potential to be an awesome system.

SoulReaver
09-14-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157575.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Was hoping for it to be only $200 but hey, $250 is still good. And I'm really glad they decided to pack in Wii sports.

Edit: Ack! Wii-motes will be $40 and nunchukas $20! $60 for just one extra controller! This sucks, I mean, the Wii should be a great party game, but $60 for 1 complete controller is just insane. Thats more than a game.

EXEcution
09-14-2006, 11:13 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157575.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Was hoping for it to be only $200 but hey, $250 is still good. And I'm really glad they decided to pack in Wii sports.

Edit: Ack! Wii-motes will be $40 and nunchukas $20! $60 for just one extra controller! This sucks, I mean, the Wii should be a great party game, but $60 for 1 complete controller is just insane. Thats more than a game.
Not really surprising. I recall the Dual Shock controllers were around $50 when the PS2 first came out. The Wii-mote probably costs more to manufacture. Hopefully some 3rd party accessory developer like Mad Catz will develop Wii-mote alternatives for a lower price.

25 launch games is pretty awesome. I am buying this system as a belated present for my 10-year old brother since I don't really plan on playing it myself all that much. I'd probably get a racing game and the Zelda game. :cool:

BlackWolf
09-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Just wondering u should be able to download classic nintendo games and stuff but are ther any storage to keep it on like a HD or what like Xbox or PS3 ?
i dont think i seen anything about that :hmmm:

Xeno
09-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Depends on how you define better.

If "better" means processing power, no. It's not going to be nearly as powerful as either the 360 or the ps3. However, that was true for the gamecube in relation to the ps2 and the xbox and i feel it still kept up pretty well (technology wise..it definitely got beat in the market game). Also, the wii will only support DVD - no HD-DVD or Blueray like the others. No high-def support, either.

If it means prices, definitely. It's debuting at $250 - with a small demo game included. 360 has a $300 and a $400 model. PS3 has a $500 and a $600 model. Game price target is $50, versus $60 for most new 360 and (assumed) ps3 pricing.

If it means originality, certainly. the wii will have a virtual console that allows you to purchase older games from every nintendo system as well as some others (I believe the sega systems and and atari, etc) The controller will be gyro sensitive and the majority of the games will rely on this.

If you mean titles, I guess that's your pick. For me, there are 2 titles that make a console worth it - Zelda and Mario. both are nintendo titles, so I say yeah.
:hmmm: Thx for the info dude;)

EXEcution
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Just wondering u should be able to download classic nintendo games and stuff but are ther any storage to keep it on like a HD or what like Xbox or PS3 ?
i dont think i seen anything about that :hmmm:
512 MB internal flash storage. Most of the older games are about 500KB-10 MB's, dunno about the N64 games though since they have updated textures. There's also a slot for SD memory (they have 4GB SD cards) but I am not sure if that's only for photos and videos.

Keep in mind that the specifics for the system are not yet final (no one is 100% sure how powerful the Wii is compared to the other systems). Chances are we won't find out any more until the release.

Mad Fox
09-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I think I am going to wait for the ps3

EXEcution
09-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I think I am going to wait for the ps3
Well it'll be out before the Wii but chances are you won't be able to get one on the release date. Sony actually lowered the price of the 20 GB PS3 to about $400. Granted you won't get biult in Wi-Fi or memory stick/sd/cf card slots but Sony decided to still have an HDMI out port. The higher end 60GB system will still probably retail for $600.

OUTLAWS Tip
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Well even at that price looks like it will have it's problems. In the effort to make everything small, it looks like all the consoles have heating problems. Check out the expensive cooling needed. LOL

http://www.kotaku.com:80/gaming/ridge-racer-7/tgs06-ridge-racer-7--too-hot-for-tgs-202609.php

BobtheCkroach
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Well it'll be out before the Wii but chances are you won't be able to get one on the release date. Sony actually lowered the price of the 20 GB PS3 to about $400. Granted you won't get biult in Wi-Fi or memory stick/sd/cf card slots but Sony decided to still have an HDMI out port. The higher end 60GB system will still probably retail for $600.

Don't speak too soon....
http://megagames.com/news/html/console/ps3cheaperinjapanbutnotinus.shtml

Mad Fox
09-25-2006, 05:49 PM

I dont plan on buying it when it first comes out. rather I'll wait a year and then buy it at a lower price.

BlackWolf
09-26-2006, 02:15 PM
512 MB internal flash storage. Most of the older games are about 500KB-10 MB's, dunno about the N64 games though since they have updated textures. There's also a slot for SD memory (they have 4GB SD cards) but I am not sure if that's only for photos and videos.

Keep in mind that the specifics for the system are not yet final (no one is 100% sure how powerful the Wii is compared to the other systems). Chances are we won't find out any more until the release.

Would be nice with some storage of somekind so u can sore downloaded games and stuff since u have to pay for the downloads
but just have to wait and c then