PDA

View Full Version : The Announcement

Bingo
09-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I thought I would go ahead and start a thread for anyone wishing to discuss the announcement I have made. It can be found at the top of all forums.

Please feel free to post any comments, suggestions or anything at all here!

Bingo

Sirc
09-15-2006, 11:15 PM
No more Sal or DL? Or will all the admins stay the same? Or will all those listed be admins? Erm, who are the admins now?

NightBreed
09-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks for making GameMecca something worth caring about!

Bingo, Chico, Dan2, Grimmy, NastyDawg, Shogun, Terminathare

:wootrock: :wootrock: Congrats to all !! :thumbs:

Sirc
09-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Well there is one name I don't like seeing in that list, but otherwise, congrats and thanks! :)

Bingo
09-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Awww come on Sirc, ya really don't like me?? :)

And as to this:

No more Sal or DL? Or will all the admins stay the same? Or will all those listed be admins? Erm, who are the admins now?

note this line in my announcement:

The Clan forums will stay the absolute domain of each respective clan. The admins will stay the same. The forums will stay the same.

Sirc
09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
LOL, the person I'm referring to knows who he is. ;)

FUS1ON
09-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok Sirc you have made your point, there is no sense in continually beating a dead horse.

Sirc
09-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Ok Sirc you have made your point, there is no sense in continually beating a dead horse.

Awww. And I was gonna try to get myself banned again in commemoration of GM's 4th anniversary. Okay, I'll behave. :P

Nitro
09-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Awww. And I was gonna try to get myself banned again in commemoration of GM's 4th anniversary. Okay, I'll behave. :P
You must save your banning for the Sam Secrets thread :P

Pure_Evil
09-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Awww. And I was gonna try to get myself banned again in commemoration of GM's 4th anniversary. Okay, I'll behave. :PI'll ban ya :D

Mad Fox
09-16-2006, 02:51 AM
As long as the operation of GM stays the same there is no problem here.

BobtheCkroach
09-16-2006, 01:20 PM
To those dedicated enough to purchase GM rather than risk it to an outside party that would no doubt change and possibly ruin the site, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. :wub: :thumbs:

It took me a year to really get involved, but I love this site. It's the homepage on every computer that I use, and I cannot imagine it being gone now.

Sorry to see you leaving us, SAL, but I hope that we'll still see you around.

GM looks to be in good hands, and I'm glad to hear it.

Caged Anger
09-16-2006, 01:32 PM
sad to see Sal leaving....

happy to see that there were some caring enough to take over the reigns :thumbs:

T I K
09-16-2006, 01:42 PM
To those dedicated enough to purchase GM rather than risk it to an outside party that would no doubt change and possibly ruin the site, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. :wub: :thumbs:

It took me a year to really get involved, but I love this site. It's the homepage on every computer that I use, and I cannot imagine it being gone now.

Sorry to see you leaving us, SAL, but I hope that we'll still see you around.

GM looks to be in good hands, and I'm glad to hear it.

Ditto Bob's comments :)

Congratz and a Big thx to Sal, Bingo, Chico, Dan2, Grimmy, NastyDawg, Shogun, Terminathare

But I still will wonder what is going on behind the scenes wit Sal & DL/ PSI :D

Speedsweeper
09-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Sign of the times really. As people get older they move on.

This site will always remain in my favorites.

FUS1ON
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
But I still will wonder what is going on behind the scenes wit Sal & DL/ PSI :D

I got a peek and brudder you do not want to know, them boys are faaaareaky! :eek:

T I K
09-16-2006, 03:42 PM
:eek: Omg........has to close both eyes :P

Death Engineer
09-16-2006, 04:10 PM
I didn't see the original thread. Sorry to see Sal go, but I udnerstand how life can change things for ya. I'll still be around provided this doesn't turn into a real circus. ;) Or run GM in circles... >: )

Bingo
09-16-2006, 04:55 PM
We are all absolutely serious when we say that there will not be any significant changes here. The whole purpose of the purchase was to avoid just that.

To be completely upfront with all of you, about the only significant change we have discussed are ways to bring in new members, such as sections devoted to other clans/games things like that.

That is really it. Otherwise it will be business as usual with only change being the address for Mecca passes since we will still advertise those. It's the only way we currently have to offset the costs of keeping the site open. :)

Mad Fox
09-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I dont' t want to be nosey (but I do) how much did you guyz buy gm for?

If you feel uncomfortable you don't have to answer I'm just curious.

Die Hard
09-16-2006, 06:04 PM
They had to pay $2m But worth every penny :D

Congrats guys. So glad you managed to do it. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
09-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I dont' t want to be nosey (but I do) how much did you guyz buy gm for?

If you feel uncomfortable you don't have to answer I'm just curious.

That would fall under the column of Noneyabusiness :)

Goober
09-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Lord help us all. Control of GM has fallen from the Merc Clan into the hands of Outlaws. They will burn the villages, rape all the women and kill all the men.......Of course....last time they pillaged the village, they got the last two backwards. So be very afraid and keep your backs to the wall men.

Mad Fox
09-16-2006, 06:32 PM
That would fall under the column of Noneyabusiness :)

It was worth a shot lol.

OUTLAWS Tip
09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Lord help us all. Control of GM has fallen from the Merc Clan into the hands of Outlaws. They will burn the villages, rape all the women and kill all the men.......Of course....last time they pillaged the village, they got the last two backwards. So be very afraid and keep your backs to the wall men.

:rofl: :rofl:

Grimmy
09-16-2006, 09:18 PM

You didn't seem to complain so what's the fuss about? :P

OUTLAWS CHICO
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Good come back Grimmy.
The only thing that matters is GM is still going to be the same .We want GM to grow and become even better "if possible". The people that are here can continue to go on as always.
SAL I think will still be around as far as I know.I would ask all the people here to try to help us make GM better .If you have any Ideas to help ,it would be appreciated.

NastyDawg
09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Good come back Grimmy.
The only thing that matters is GM is still going to be the same .We want GM to grow and become even better "if possible". The people that are here can continue to go on as always.
SAL I think will still be around as far as I know.I would ask all the people here to try to help us make GM better .If you have any Ideas to help ,it would be appreciated.

Well said Chico, my thoughts exactly.

NastyDawg
09-16-2006, 11:35 PM
I bought what?! I thought I is was chipping for a stripper...gotta stop drinking.

http://www.33smiley.com/smiley2/communicate/k-o/2.gif

Goober
09-17-2006, 12:36 AM
You didn't seem to complain so what's the fuss about? :P

Ummmm.....well.............uh...............gee whiz.........ouch!

Caged Anger
09-17-2006, 02:39 AM
I bought what?! I thought I is was chipping for a stripper...gotta stop drinking.

:rofl: :rofl::thumbs:

SASQUATCH
09-17-2006, 02:51 AM
It should workout nicely and sorry to hear Sal had to go and I am sure for good reasons.

SALvation
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,

First off, thanks for the years of support. I won't be leaving GM as you will still see me hanging around. The reason I sold the site is because I hated seeing it lay stagnant since I don't have time anymore to keep it updated with new features and such. As most of you know, Psi and I have a web development company and over the last 18 months, business has boomed and taken almost all of our free time. Instead of spending a few hours a night after my family has gone to sleep playing games and updating GM, that time is now spent sending proposals, emails, developing, and working on normal business duties. The time I do have to myself I rather spend gaming that trying to keep up with GM.

So the reason I sold the site is so that the site could get back to the old days of seeing new features and better gaming discussions here on GM. I'm confident that the new owners will keep the best of GM the same, and add in features that will only make it better.

Thanks again to everyone, and I'll still be around so you can always email or IM me to keep in touch.

-Sal

Mad Fox
09-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey guys,

First off, thanks for the years of support. I won't be leaving GM as you will still see me hanging around. The reason I sold the site is because I hated seeing it lay stagnant since I don't have time anymore to keep it updated with new features and such. As most of you know, Psi and I have a web development company and over the last 18 months, business has boomed and taken almost all of our free time. Instead of spending a few hours a night after my family has gone to sleep playing games and updating GM, that time is now spent sending proposals, emails, developing, and working on normal business duties. The time I do have to myself I rather spend gaming that trying to keep up with GM.

So the reason I sold the site is so that the site could get back to the old days of seeing new features and better gaming discussions here on GM. I'm confident that the new owners will keep the best of GM the same, and add in features that will only make it better.

Thanks again to everyone, and I'll still be around so you can always email or IM me to keep in touch.

-Sal

I'm glad to hear that your bussiness is doing so well. I hope it remains successful.