PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen BloodRayne?

Sirc
09-27-2006, 05:28 AM
It's a movie based on the video game. I watched it tonight and I've gotta say it was pretty crappy. The acting was horrible - most of the time they sounded like they were reading off of cue-cards. It was incredibly shallow, and the fight scenes were mostly look-and-glance-away style. All very poorly done.

I'm not a big fan of vampire movies anyway, but I do happen to like the Underworld series. I watched Underworld: Evolution the other night and although it may not have been quite as good as the first Underworld, I enjoyed it, and it was "The Titanic" compared to BloodRayne.

-1/10 :down:

Sirc
09-27-2006, 05:36 AM
Just finished Lucky Number Slevin....I really enjoyed it :)

Hmmm, I've been tempted to dow...erm, rent this movie. I'll have to give it a look. ;)

BobtheCkroach
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Slevin was fantastic! Loved every minute of it.

Haven't seen BloodRayne. I do myself a favor and stay away from Uwe Boll movies in general.

I liked Underworld a TON (I am a big vampire movie fan) but was disappointed w/ the second one.

FUS1ON
09-27-2006, 02:14 PM
I agree Bloodrayne was really weak, lots of action and blood letting but the acting sucked. Bloodrayne herself was hawt looking though. :D

Pure_Evil
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
sleven was good, not great. You could call it great if compared to the junk released over the last few years

EXEcution
09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I liked Slevin, although people claim that there were plot holes. Usually with a movie that doesn't tell a straight foward story like Slevin there are bound to be some details left out intentionally. But the actor who played Slevin was pretty cool and very funny at times. Not to mention that awesome assasination with the glasses and baseball. :D

Pathos
09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Ahh Boll my hated movie nemesis! I love sword and sorcery, but this thing's target audience was clearly a GIANT TURD.

Funniest scene: Michael Madsen's death. The guy gets like a massive broadsword through the f!ucking chest and HIS EXPRESSION AND POSTURE DOES NOT CHANGE. He is just THAT badass. Or maybe he went poopie at that precise moment and didn't notice the cleaving of his heart? Could happen i guess. In Uwe's world there is a lot of embracing of the fantastic. Screw this logic, gravity, character, linear movie crap!!! Just edit the hell out of everything and no one will notice nothing makes sense. Maybe.

The main chick (Loken) was... weird. Always has been. She was a weird terminatress, and will probably weird her way to anonymity with continued roles like this. Her boobies were weird, too.

Michelle Rodriguez on the other hand... HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA!!!! There may have been some screen licking going on during most of her scenes. (Yeah, i can admit it!!) Not during her death scene though, that was kind of erection suicide...

[this has been a very male post]

Now everybody go watch Slither so you can crack up when Nathan Fillion casually drawls, "that is some f!ucked up sh!t!" And when you see to which he refers, you will nod and wholeheartedly agree! [wretch] As an added bonus, you can pretend he was watching Bloodrayne!

And can i just say that Michael Rooker is officially a "gross actor"? (Really! Watch Slither and Mallrats, then you'll see...)

Umm, sorry for all the swear words. It's one of those fuc-- err, those damn days!

P.S. DIE UWE!!!!!

Sirc
09-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I wasn't aware of who Uwe Boll was until now. BloodRayne was the first movie of his that I've seen. I did some searching on the internet and found lots and lots of information on him and his infamously bad movies. LOL. I wished I would have know this before I wasted 1 1/2 hours of my life last night. Oh well, the cover art looked pretty cool, and the movie starred several actors who have appeared in other movies that I've enjoyed, so I just assumed it was at least a mediocre movie. Wrong.

Anyway, I'm gonna be watching Slevin tonight. :)

BobtheCkroach
09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Funniest scene: Michael Madsen's death.
I didn't know he was in it! Now I'll watch it regardless of how much it sucks!

Michael Madsen FTW!

He might have made some crap in his day, but sheesh.

Resevoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2. The man is freakin' awesome.

Sirc
09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I didn't know he was in it! Now I'll watch it regardless of how much it sucks!

Michael Madsen FTW!

He might have made some crap in his day, but sheesh.

Resevoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2. The man is freakin' awesome.

You may not like him so much if you see BloodRayne. He looked totally bored and spoke in monotones throughout the movie. Definitely not his best work.

Die Hard
09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
No............

Sirc
09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
No............

ya rly

Sirc
09-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Okay, I watched Luck Number Sleven tonight. It was okay, but I thought it kinda dragged a lot in the middle. When it comes to "WTF!?!?" twist and turn movies like this, Fight Club beats them all hands down.

On to the next movie. I have Mission Impossible III, but having to sit and watch Tom "The Moron" Cruise in any movie just kind of turns me off any more. I'm glad I've seen most of his movies before I realized what a total misfit he is. This is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in the James Bond thread. If you get a bad rep, you're history.

So does anyone have a good movie to recommend?

EXEcution
09-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Okay, I watched Luck Number Sleven tonight. It was okay, but I thought it kinda dragged a lot in the middle. When it comes to "WTF!?!?" twist and turn movies like this, Fight Club beats them all hands down.

On to the next movie. I have Mission Impossible III, but having to sit and watch Tom "The Moron" Cruise in any movie just kind of turns me off any more. I'm glad I've seen most of his movies before I realized what a total misfit he is. This is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in the James Bond thread. If you get a bad rep, you're history.

So does anyone have a good movie to recommend?
Well I didn't like M:I3 but it wasn't because of Cruise but mostly because of the directing and horrible story telling. I though Cruise did a great job in the first M:I and he was decent in the second one. I personally like him as an actor but in real life he seems a bit looney and it's probably a matter of time before this starts to impact the kinds of roles he plays. As I said earlier this is not the case for Daniel Craig, the new 007, because he's fairly unknown at this point.

If you want a real "WTF!" kind of movie check out Mulholland Drive by the famed director David Lynch, it's nuts. Or a more recent flick, Inside Man which has several decent plot twists. There are tons of other older films that have similar misleading story lines but I have to agree that Fight Club pulls it off extremely well.

FUS1ON
09-28-2006, 05:56 PM
:thumbs: x2 on Inside Man, excellent movie

I also enjoyed Jarhead
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418763/

BobtheCkroach
09-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I hate denzel washington movies, b/c I hate denzel washington's performance in every movie I've ever seen him in, so I won't be seeing that. My favorite twist movies are Usual Suspects and Adaptation.

Been meaning to see Mulholland Drive.

Mpulse
09-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I hate denzel washington movies, b/c I hate denzel washington's performance in every movie I've ever seen him in, so I won't be seeing that. My favorite twist movies are Usual Suspects and Adaptation.

Been meaning to see Mulholland Drive.

Bob, you should watch denzel in "Malcom X" (A Spike Lee Joint); he's great in that movie...

....also "The Pelican Brief", opposite Sandra Bullock....

BobtheCkroach
09-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Bob, you should watch denzel in "Malcom X" (A Spike Lee Joint); he's great in that movie...

....also "The Pelican Brief", opposite Sandra Bullock....

the Pelican Brief, along with almost every other Grisham book, is one of my favorite books ever.

I hated the movie.

FUS1ON
09-29-2006, 02:46 AM
I just finished watching Slevin, I enjoyed the heck out of that movie

Sirc
09-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Okay, I just got done watching Mission Impossible III. I liked it. Dammit. Which blows my whole friggin argument about how an actor can ruin his rep.

So before you say anything - shuddup. I don't wanna hear about it. :mad::P

OUTLAWS Tip
09-30-2006, 06:11 AM
It's okay, I still won't go see it. Screw Him!!
:P
:D

Pure_Evil
09-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Okay, I just got done watching Mission Impossible III. I liked it. Dammit. Which blows my whole friggin argument about how an actor can ruin his rep.

So before you say anything - shuddup. I don't wanna hear about it. :mad::P
you're just pissed because he banged Katie Holmes

Sirc
10-01-2006, 04:17 AM
I've been watching a lot of movies lately that have been out for a while. I watched The Shawshank Redemption earlier this week and thought it was great! I also watched Saving Private Ryan. Wow, it was incredibly intense and gory when they stormed the beach. :eek: Tonight I watched The Truman Show.

All three are excellent movies. :thumbs:

Sirc
10-02-2006, 04:56 AM
I just got done watching World Trade Center. I know a lot of you have said you wouldn't watch it, but it was actually pretty good. The movie centered on the trapped Transit Authority police officers and their families from their perspective. There was no footage of the planes flying into the towers, no politics, and I don't think the word "terrorist" was mentioned at all. It's simply a snapshot of the morning the attacks happened from the point of view of a few people involved. It could have been any disaster - it just happened to be based on a true story. I recommend it.

BobtheCkroach
11-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Guess what terrible movie is getting a sequel! LOL

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061107b.php

That's right - Bloodrayne: the movie...2!

I like this part the best

Instead of the European Dark Ages, this time the story revolves around a vampire invasion in the old West

FUS1ON
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
To borrow your line "I like this part the best" ...... Natassia Malthe
http://www.procrastination-central.com/files/natassiamalthe3.jpg

No way i'd spend good money at the theater to see her ..... er I mean the movie.

BobtheCkroach
11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
To borrow your line "I like this part the best" ...... Natassia Malthe
http://www.procrastination-central.com/files/natassiamalthe3.jpg

No way i'd spend good money at the theater to see her ..... er I mean the movie.

LOL

:rofl: