PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens attempts suicide

FUS1ON
09-27-2006, 03:16 PM
DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

The report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'

The Dallas police report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV. Police scheduled a news conference for later Wednesday morning.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said. The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.

According to the police report, Dallas Fire and Rescue was called regarding someone "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication." Officers arrived to find Owens being stabilized by ambulance workers, who then took him to Baylor University Medical Center.

More of the story: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ahxdl.p83s.Jy8F9yHvV3wI5nYcB?slug=ap-cowboys-tosuicideattempt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Arguably the best wide reciever in the NFL and he feels the need to end his life. I know there is more to life than sports, but this guy needs help getting his crap together. :rolleyes:

NightBreed
09-27-2006, 04:23 PM
CNN say's he OD's on pain meds for a broken finger, must have been painful..:rolleyes:

When I broke my finger playing football in high school, the coach taped it to a popcicle stick, gave me a few Tylenols and sent me back in the next quarter..

Mad Fox
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Obviously he has mental problems

NastyDawg
09-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Who really knows what true and not in this story at this point.

Nitro
09-28-2006, 12:40 AM
T.O. "I did not try to commit suicide"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av5sWGG4MSN5WsefSeEx1kJDubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-tosuicideattempt&prov=ap&type=lgns

FUS1ON
09-28-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't know who to believe at this point, he has a history of doing stupid stuff so this is kind of believable, BUT then again who tries to commit suicide then goes to practice like nothing happened? /shrug

Sirc
09-28-2006, 01:17 AM
Seriously, if you eat a bunch of painkillers in front of someone, then it's not really a suicide attempt. More like a cry for attention. Or help. No doubt he has problems, but I don't really think he intended to kill himself.

NastyDawg
09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Something definitely wrong with this man, how long before explodes on the field and gets kick out of Football altogether?

NightBreed
09-28-2006, 07:28 PM
If he really wanted to end it all, all he had to do was trash talk Ray Lewis !! :D

JIMINATOR
09-28-2006, 07:36 PM
people are people are people are people. everything always looks better from the other side. if only I had his money I would be set. well, with the money comes a new set of problems. the only people with no problems are the people that are buried. money won't fix a fragile mental state. very sad and all that, but he is just another person, although with extraordinary athletic abilities.

Mpulse
09-28-2006, 08:12 PM
If he really wanted to end it all, all he had to do was trash talk Ray Lewis !! :D

....or stand in front (face first) of a bullet pass from Peyton Manning...