PDA

View Full Version : Should Rumsfeld quit?

Mad Fox
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Should the Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld quit? Why?

Pure_Evil
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Why not?

Nitro
10-02-2006, 10:08 PM
half of the voters are living in a state of ignorance

OUTLAWS Tip
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
The other half whine but have no solutions to the problems they are whinning about.
:rolleyes:

Nitro
10-03-2006, 12:49 AM
american sheep are the easiest to fool

ignorance isnt bliss

Pure_Evil
10-03-2006, 04:34 AM
revelution is required

Bingo
10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
What the hell is the point of this other than to start up trouble? We all know that people here disagree on politics, which is as it should be.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion - right or wrong.

Pure_Evil
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
maybe it's to start conversation? Open up thought patterns for a college freshman?

Mad Fox
10-03-2006, 12:55 PM
maybe it's to start conversation? Open up thought patterns for a college freshman?

Exactly , Learning about different opions opens up new persepctives.

Mad Fox
10-03-2006, 06:56 PM
I thought I might try and give this thread some life.

My opinion:

Donald Rumsfeld was an effective Secretary of Defense up until and during the beggining of the Iraq War. He was modernizing the military, and changing it to fight the new global threats of terrorism and small squirmishes rather then large standing armies.
But then the war with Iraq happened and he was unable to adapt to the changing needs of the American military and thus became ineffective. he stagnated and lost his innovation. Like the military he has gotton bogged down in Iraq. we need new and refesh leadership at the penatgon.

EXEcution
10-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Well he did try to resign but Bush wouldn't let him because it would "look bad" for Bush.

Sirc
10-03-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure who would take his place. Obviously he has screwed up and hasn't listened to the high level retired military that have retired and can speak their minds. I guess the question is, if he did resign, is there a better person for the job? I'd hate to see someone come in and screw things up in an entirely different way.

Iraq will never be a stable nation. And I blame the Brits. :P When the Brits pulled out of the middle east in the 1920s they established some pretty strange national boundaries in the area. That's why half of the Kurds are in southern Turkey, and the other half are in northern Iraq.

We're not doing any good over there at this point. Our troops are simply trying not to get their asses blown off as they sit in the middle of a civil war. I think we should simply start withdrawing our troops, or at least move them to the north and south, and tell the UN they are welcome to put a peace-keeping force in Bagdad if they want. The Kurds hold the north, the Shiites hold the south, and both areas are fairly stable. Let the Sunnis and the Shiites in and around Bagdad deal with their own problems and work them out themselves.

Nitro
10-04-2006, 01:39 AM
It's nice to dream isn't it SIRC?

Mad Fox
10-04-2006, 01:49 AM
I am most surprised by the fact that half think he should remain!

Could we hear from some of those people?

Sirc
10-04-2006, 02:19 AM
It's nice to dream isn't it SIRC?

Why is it a dream? It's not without precident. The same thing happened in Vietnam. After 10 years of our troops being in country, in 1975 President Ford announced the war was over and the last of the US troops evacuated Saigon, and South Vietnam surrendered, and was overrun. Granted, the circumstances were slightly different, but not by much. The US had had enough, so we left. After 58,184 US casualities.

We are absolutely well into the process of repeating the same mistake twice.

BTW, I graduated in 1977 and missed the draft by 2 years.

Nitro
10-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Why is it a dream? It's not without precident. The same thing happened in Vietnam. After 10 years of our troops being in country, in 1975 President Ford announced the war was over and the last of the US troops evacuated Saigon, and South Vietnam surrendered, and was overrun. Granted, the circumstances were slightly different, but not by much. The US had had enough, so we left. After 58,184 US casualities.

We are absolutely well into the process of repeating the same mistake twice.

BTW, I graduated in 1977 and missed the draft by 2 years.
Nothing is what it seems. Illusion and deception are everywhere. Do not believe what you are told. Humans are inherently evil and you know that. Just because a white man in a suit smiles while holding a Mexican baby in his arms does not mean he isn't guided by Satan, doing his bidding. Have fun Thursday...I'll be overseas.

EXEcution
10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Nothing is what it seems. Illusion and deception are everywhere. Do not believe what you are told. Humans are inherently evil and you know that. Just because a white man in a suit smiles while holding a Mexican baby in his arms does not mean he isn't guided by Satan, doing his bidding. Have fun Thursday...I'll be overseas.
Mixing religion and politics isn't the brightest idea. And you can't prove that humans are inherently evil.

Speedsweeper
10-04-2006, 03:01 PM

I can never understand you Nitro........

FUS1ON
10-04-2006, 04:31 PM
I can never understand you Nitro........

Yo Chris, the line forms over here buddy