PDA

View Full Version : Medieval II: Total war Demo

BobtheCkroach
10-10-2006, 04:37 PM
I'll be honest - I haven't played any of the games in this series (those being "Shogun: Total War", "Medieval: Total War" and "Rome: Total War") but they are supposed to be some of the best RTS titles available.

I do know that they're very specific and touchy...standing on high land makes a difference, etc. Very meticulous, but if you're into RTS, some of the best gameplay available. I'll be trying this demo along with Company of Heroes soon.

http://files.filefront.com/Medieval+II+Total+War+Demo/;6000436;;/fileinfo.html

SoulReaver
10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I have Rome:Total War and the Barbarian expansion. I thought they were ok games, got bored of them after a few hours.

MassacreAL
10-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I have Rome:Total War and the Barbarian expansion. I thought they were ok games, got bored of them after a few hours.
you are right, i got bored of R:TW after several hours. but original Medieval i liked much more, ive spent many days playing M:TW. i was ruler of most europe there, and i was about to attack pope but had to uninstall it for some reason :( . someone here attacked pope? what happened after? that would be nice to know, really :rolleyes:

MassacreAL
10-11-2006, 08:01 PM
standing on high land makes a difference, etc.
just a little notice. dont except this(i mean battles on battle map) to be main fun of this game. to get better results than automatic resolve you have to plan every battle individualy, and if one battle takes 10 - 60 minutes and you fight maybe every 10 or 15 minutes, you get bored of it very quickly. fun of this game lies in "big map", where you decide what to build and to who declare a war etc... i dont know if counquesting european contiment is that attractive for you american guy as for us, europeans, but personally i love when i can try something from well-known history on my own skin.

MassacreAL
10-11-2006, 08:08 PM
history of american contiment is very different from eu history, no sword-battles, no crusades, no annoying pope... thats things that make Medieval attractive and dont know if you US guys feel it like that