PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the death nail to that pesky little "American Bill of Rights" thingy ??

T I K
10-14-2006, 12:30 AM
By George times sure have changed :( sadly little to show for the better, and mostly for the worst imo :down:

This sure doesn't say much for our Democracy as it was founded , or any semblance of shining example of the "American way of life"

This Pesky little thing called "The Bill of Rights" that our fore fathers fought so hard for and to those that died to protect it !!

And what rights do we, as free democratic Americans reallly have left.........??

"The death of habeas corpus" (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15220450/)

Nitro
10-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Americans are cowards. Sheep walking blindly into the slaughter is all they are.

EXEcution
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Americans are cowards. Sheep walking blindly into the slaughter is all they are.
Yes, but only the non-voters.

Bingo
10-15-2006, 11:06 PM

Nothing like blanket generalizations huh? :rofl:

EXEcution
10-15-2006, 11:11 PM
It's easy to make a generalization, that's why it's nitro's middle name.

T I K
10-15-2006, 11:32 PM

I wouldnt say that of myself......but alot of legislatures n congress men are :( They can n usually sell themselves and there votes to the highest bidder at the expense of America, and its people, its Constitution :mad:

Goober
10-16-2006, 01:10 AM

To bad you can't say that while actually standing in front of me.
Of course if I'm this coward of which you speak you should have nothing to fear.

EXEcution
10-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Of course if I'm this coward of which you speak you should have nothing to fear.
Point well made.

If our liberties are truly at stake then we will rise up and fight for our rights. Factions will form and we will find a way to overthrow the corrupt government.

This is just something the media blows out of proportion. Sure it's a problem but it hasn't yet escalated to the point where the average law abiding citizen should be concerned. Unless of course all politicians are truly corrupt (both Congress and the President) then we will have reason to be afraid. As long as these two branches remain relatively spit then we will be ok.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Yes, but only the non-voters.

Do you honestly think your vote really counts?

Die Hard
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Well not if it's in Florida......

Nitro
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
You're one of them. I only ask for you to please open your eyes and see the evil wolves in sheep's clothing you support as what they truly are. You seem like a great guy and I'm not trying to insult you, I just want you to stop being ignorant and oblivious to the lies and deception like many Americans are.

Mad Fox
10-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Habeus Corpus was suspended in the border states during the Cvil War. In wasnt brought to the Supreme Court until the war had ended. It seems to me the great thing about the american system is that it allows for challenge.

Mad Fox
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
You're one of them. I only ask for you to please open your eyes and see the evil wolves in sheep's clothing you support as what they truly are. You seem like a great guy and I'm not trying to insult you, I just want you to stop being ignorant and oblivious to the lies and deception like many Americans are.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

It seems to me that you have a misinformed view of American Constitution, government and politics. It is all about pushing the enevelope and testing the bound of THE Constitution. All presidents have shady dealings that defy law but it comes with the poweres of that branch.

EXEcution
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Do you honestly think your vote really counts?
No I don't. It was a joke. Sorry, I should have put a smilie after that post.

Nitro
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

It seems to me that you have a misinformed view of American Constitution, government and politics. It is all about pushing the enevelope and testing the bound of THE Constitution. All presidents have shady dealings that defy law but it comes with the poweres of that branch.
I cannot believe you are talking like that! You are saying that defying the very law on which our country was founded on is perfectly OK whenever people in our government seem fit? There is no hope left....

Mad Fox
10-16-2006, 06:15 PM
I cannot believe you are talking like that! You are saying that defying the very law on which our country was founded on is perfectly OK whenever people in our government seem fit? There is no hope left....
No am saying that government will correct itself.

Goober
10-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Sigh...you may not be trying to insult me but you have. Now, you say I am ignorant and oblivious to the lies and deceptions. Could you name a few so that I will know which ones you are speaking of, and can either agree with you or perhaps explain why I don't agree.

Mad Fox
10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Sigh...you may not be trying to insult me but you have. Now, you say I am ignorant and oblivious to the lies and deceptions. Could you name a few so that I will know which ones you are speaking of, and can either agree with you or perhaps explain why I don't agree.

Exactyl I have no idea what he is talking about. it sounds like anarchist hogwash.

Death Engineer
10-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Guys.... I think he's just enjoying pushing your buttons. I think it was the sermon on the mount where Jesus talks about casting pearls to the swine. Don't waste your time/energy.

Goober
10-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Guys.... I think he's just enjoying pushing your buttons. I think it was the sermon on the mount where Jesus talks about casting pearls to the swine. Don't waste your time/energy.

Now where's the fun in that? Besides, we're tossing rocks at the Mule....big difference!
I was really hoping that Nitro would actually enter into a serious discussion with facts and figures and stuff. It could happen...maybe.

Nitro
10-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Now where's the fun in that? Besides, we're tossing rocks at the Mule....big difference!
I was really hoping that Nitro would actually enter into a serious discussion with facts and figures and stuff. It could happen...maybe.
*sighs*

I see that talking in riddles isn't working out since y'all can't read deep into something and I already mentioned why I dare not use my freedom of speech, that doesn't even exist. I'm done here.