PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

BlackWolf
10-21-2006, 09:59 AM
WTF u need to buy a new version if u upgrade ur pc ?

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6126379.html

Xeno
10-21-2006, 01:28 PM
thats sucks...

Mad Fox
10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
MAn its just another scheme to rip off the little guy

Caged Anger
10-22-2006, 04:31 PM
meh, just won't buy it

I'll go with this guy

"Sticking to XP
Another reason to not upgrade, I wont upgrade until I see a lot of software that requires Vista. Having to buy a new OS license for each install is just plain greedy. XP was out for 4-5 years without an upgrade, I should be able to upgrade my system without buying a new OS, but not anymore, if I want a new system I have to buy a new OS. No thanks, Linux is looking better all the time, if only game makers would make Linux versins I'd leave Vista at the store.
Posted by: GScully Posted on: 10/16/06"

(Villains) Fragjunky
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
that really sucks!

JIMINATOR
10-22-2006, 10:16 PM
discussions of illegal software are strictly forbidden here,
but anyway what you have is at best a release candidate
and not the final version.

With all the protections and digital signature stuff in vista
it remains to be seen what type of functionality a hacked version
will have.

FUS1ON
10-23-2006, 12:03 AM
hehe i already got a cracked copy on disc so im not bothered!!!

Check your PMs, you have mail! :rolleyes:

(Villains) Fragjunky
10-23-2006, 01:57 PM
sry guys i edited it now
really sorry

Nitro
10-23-2006, 02:21 PM
How DARE you commit an illegal act such as piracy! I would never in a million years do such a horrible thing. Shame on you!!!

Caged Anger
10-23-2006, 03:04 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

MassacreAL
10-25-2006, 06:47 PM
guys one question. how many memory can vista address to one procces? i know this limit is 2 or 3gb in xp, and i worry about it when my mind comes to gaming

JIMINATOR
10-25-2006, 09:17 PM
the os really isn't the problem, it is the motherboard that is the limiting factor. currently that is 4GB - ~500MB for other reasons...
there are server boards that allow more than 4GB with xp
example: http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100280
16/16/32 GB registered ECC DDR 400/333/266

Nitro
10-25-2006, 10:02 PM
oh yea, dont get Vista if you enjoy your privacy

OUTLAWS Tip
10-26-2006, 12:59 AM
:rolleyes:

Between Bush and Microsoft, looks like we are going to have to move to the moon and use Linux.
:P
:D

Goober
10-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Dark side of the moon....with Pink Floyd

I'm happy with my XP for now. I'll give Vista a year or so before I switch.

Caged Anger
10-26-2006, 02:26 PM
agreed

BobtheCkroach
11-03-2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4802

Holy crap, microsoft fixed something! They DO acknowledge the importance of user input! Wowza!

They said that they truly meant it to stop people from installing 2+ machines at once. The EULA has been revised to say that you may transfer as many times as you like, but the license cannot be shared on 2 machines at the same time (at least past the initial phase of transferring data).

MassacreAL
11-03-2006, 03:48 PM
and are there any other things that can prevent user from instaling it on two machines except licence?

BobtheCkroach
11-03-2006, 03:52 PM
and are there any other things that can prevent user from instaling it on two machines except licence?

ethics?

EXEcution
11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
ethics?
Pfft. I'm sure that by now everyone knows that unless you are the Dalai Lama then you are not bound by ethics on the internet.

It's good that MS did this and once the price of Vista goes down drastically and more apps and games begin to fully support it then I may consider buying it. Here at my uni I anticipate some desktops to be set up with Vitsa for testing and software development so I'll have a chance to try it out.

Also I belive that the OS is scheduled to launch on November 30th.

BobtheCkroach
11-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Pfft. I'm sure that by now everyone knows that unless you are the Dalai Lama then you are not bound by ethics on the internet.

It's good that MS did this and once the price of Vista goes down drastically and more apps and games begin to fully support it then I may consider buying it. Here at my uni I anticipate some desktops to be set up with Vitsa for testing and software development so I'll have a chance to try it out.

Also I belive that the OS is scheduled to launch on November 30th.

It was 1/2 meant in jest. On the other hand, as a programmer, I can't imagine pirating software. I have far too much respect for how much time and effort goes into making the product.

Personally, I do follow ethics for the most part online. I download episodes of shows occasionally, but that's only b/c I missed them when the aired. I just use that as my vcr. I download music rarely, and when I do it's only b/c I don't like anything that band puts out except for that song. If I like the album,I buy it. Heck, if they have 1 song I like, I generally just purchase it through ITunes.

Also, the OS is scheduled to launch for businesses on the 30th, for regular folks it's January '07. I imagine that your school will receive copies in Nov, but I also imagine that they'll wait at least until Christmas break to install it anywhere.

BobtheCkroach
11-03-2006, 05:04 PM
once the price of Vista goes down drastically

When exactly do you plan on that happening? Right after the next version of windows comes out?

EXEcution
11-05-2006, 04:56 AM
When exactly do you plan on that happening? Right after the next version of windows comes out?
There will be sales and promotions and I might even be able to get a free or discounted copy of it through my university.

He Is Legend
11-05-2006, 06:24 AM
This os is going to suck hard

BlackWolf
11-05-2006, 01:07 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4802

Holy crap, microsoft fixed something! They DO acknowledge the importance of user input! Wowza!

They said that they truly meant it to stop people from installing 2+ machines at once. The EULA has been revised to say that you may transfer as many times as you like, but the license cannot be shared on 2 machines at the same time (at least past the initial phase of transferring data).

good at least they listen a bit to the users then

cuase there was no way i would buy Vista if u couldnt upgrade with out buying a new license

BlackWolf
11-05-2006, 01:08 PM
This os is going to suck hard

on the wallet ;)