PDA

View Full Version : Bob & Tom's Cookbook

Mpulse
10-30-2006, 11:50 AM
These are some great recipes!... I've tried the deep fried turkey (yumm!)

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/cook_book.htm

Mad Fox
10-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Frying a turkey just seems wrong

FUS1ON
10-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Fried Turkey is the shiznit! We do it every year now, it's way better then oven roasted.

BobtheCkroach
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Fried turkeys are great!

Mad Fox
10-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Fried Turkey is the shiznit! We do it every year now, it's way better then oven roasted.

I guess I'm a traditionalist.

Bingo
10-31-2006, 01:27 AM
Understand - fried turkey is not all breaded up like a bucket o chicken from KFC or anything. :)

In fact, aside from the skin being crispier and the bird being rather juicier you'd not be able to tell the difference.

You plop the whole damn bird complete down into the fryer dressed up just like you would going into the oven. The only diff is no stuffing.

Pull the bird out 30 minutes later and it's all browned up and crispy and damn-freaking-tasty. :)

BobtheCkroach
10-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Understand - fried turkey is not all breaded up like a bucket o chicken from KFC or anything. :)

In fact, aside from the skin being crispier and the bird being rather juicier you'd not be able to tell the difference.

You plop the whole damn bird complete down into the fryer dressed up just like you would going into the oven. The only diff is no stuffing.

Pull the bird out 30 minutes later and it's all browned up and crispy and damn-freaking-tasty. :)

QFT. I never thought anyone would think KFC!

Die Hard
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM

Pull the bird out 30 minutes later and it's all browned up and crispy and damn-freaking-tasty. :)Yes it's the business!

My friends father is from Louisiana and he cooks them just like that every time I see him. Jeez you should see the size of the fryer :eek:

Mad Fox
10-31-2006, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't want to be outside cooking the turkey in nov. its damn cols