PDA

View Full Version : You will love this

ME BIGGD01
11-03-2006, 07:53 AM
This is a great utility that will allow you to watch tv on your computer via the web.

http://www.tvunetworks.com/

take a look and enjoy. You will be amazed I promise.:thumbs:

Xeno
11-03-2006, 01:59 PM
:eek: cool
Thx for posting !

Goober
11-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Pretty nifty piece of software. TV from around the world.

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 03:27 AM
That was really neat, they need more channels and I guess they will come in time.

I uninstalled it after checking it out though, Norton's popped up a notice asking to allow TVU to access my computer so I permitted it and then after uninstalling it I went into Nortons and changed the permission setting.

Sirc
11-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Who was that masked man? OMG it was BIGG!

:wave:

ME BIGGD01
11-04-2006, 07:41 AM
That was really neat, they need more channels and I guess they will come in time.

I uninstalled it after checking it out though, Norton's popped up a notice asking to allow TVU to access my computer so I permitted it and then after uninstalling it I went into Nortons and changed the permission setting.

What I think is neat is you yourself or anybody for the matter can actually host your own channel. The reason I brought this up or posted this link is because I honest belive this is how the future is going to be instead of television. Think about every channel you want in a favorite and having it streamed to a device on the fly. Ofcourse the bandwidth will permit this considering you can stream HD at a low bitrate that most isp's can push with no problem.

ME BIGGD01
11-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Who was that masked man? OMG it was BIGG!

:wave:

Heya bud:thumbs: , yeah I have not been around much these days working and dealing with some stuff. I am trying to slow down with things because the inability to think straight is starting to get to me.

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 07:53 AM
I know from this forum that I visit that there are some Canadian NASCAR fans that from time to time miss the races (when TNT is carrying them) and if they were picked up on this, they would be all over this thing bigtime.

Die Hard
11-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the link Biggs, I downloaded the software too.

This is not new though, I already have 4 other similar programmes that do the same thing with many more channels.

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Really? Give up them links dude, I'd like to check them out to see what channels they offer.

Die Hard
11-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Well pretty much most of the ones I use and a few more besides you will find here: http://www.worldtvpc.com/

My favourites are Gogglebox and TVnoo :thumbs:

EXEcution
11-05-2006, 04:52 AM
Cool, this works much better than a TV tuner card.

Like Biggs said, this will very likely be the future of the TV/internet. With the already evident popularity of YouTube and advancements in digital recording technology people from all over the world will be making their own videos and hosting live channels. Frankly, I wouldn't mind having my on channel. Also large companies will jump on top of this and have money generated by advertising backing these channels.

With all the crap now on TV and the ever growing possibility of almost anyone, American or not, becoming a TV celebrity why just have MTV, FOX, or USA. There are plenty of issues to be explored and exposed by the mass media. However, some drawbacks to this would be the content filter and restrictions being placed on user or group made channels. I'm sure we'd see more that a fair share of lawsuits running both ways.