PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Pwnd

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 01:07 AM
I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was pretty good.

One day a six-year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children.

The teacher asked a little boy: "Tommy, do you see the tree outside?"

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God up there?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. Possibly he just doesn't exist.

The six-year old girl spoke up and wanted to ask Tommy some questions.

The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss!

LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss!

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

LITTLE GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she possibly may not even have one!

"For we walk by Faith, not by sight" ~ II Corinthians 5:7

Xeno
11-04-2006, 01:36 AM
:rofl:

Mad Fox
11-04-2006, 03:04 AM
Creation is an old issue that people who have nothing else to think about bring up to get everyone riled up. Believing either theory is completly is dumb.

OUTLAWS Tip
11-04-2006, 03:19 AM
:thumbs: :thumbs: Little girl
:D

EXEcution
11-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Funny joke but it's simply a joke and any teacher in their right mind (and with a college education) would never think of teaching evolution that way. Leaves way too many holes open. I can disprove the existence of essentially anything by using the "if you can't see it then it's not real". One doesn't need faith to believe in something that they cannot see, hear, smell, or feel. They need to have a proper sense of judgment which can result from a multiple of things, not all necessarily going back to faith.

Creation is an old issue that people who have nothing else to think about bring up to get everyone riled up. Believing either theory is completly is dumb.
:D

I disagree with you on both accounts. Why is it stupid to think about where we came from? Just because you may not believe in either theory doesn't mean that one isn't more true than the other. The point is that people want more proof. I can assure you that there is much more proof supporting evolution than there is that supporting the existence of any single being that created man and the world around him. Of course there's the possibility that both theories are wrong and we came from another planet altogether (as scientology may suggest) then people would start looking for evidence to support that theory.

In a way this search for an answer, the ultimate Truth, is somewhat foolish not because people tend to believe in one or the other but because it really has no practical use in today's society. It seems that no true good can come out of this debate but dismissing it seems to be against what many people believe. Instead we teach our kids what we've been taught to think and so on. I personally think that it's better to teach a child about creationism before evolution because the former is much easier to grasp and it will probably make your kid feel much better. However, if they begin to question the ideas of creationism then you should probably provide them with an alternative theory such as evolution and by then they should be old enough to research it for themselves.

Just remember that holding on to any belief and refusing to give way to new ideas is a foolish practice because people are ALWAY influenced by some outside forces that they may not be completely conscious of. Don't bury yourself in a hole that you'll find yourself wanting to get out of.

Sirc
11-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Yet another evolution vs. intelligent design thread.

Yawn.

I have no expectations, therefore I won't be disapointed.

Is there an after-life after the after-life? Or do we just end up somewhere forever? That sounds pretty boring. It's like grinding levels in an MMORPG and then when you reach end-game you do the same things over and over.

I'll pass. Enough said.

EXEcution
11-04-2006, 05:37 AM
What is after-life in the first place? According to the American/Wester belief system life isn't circular so I see no correlation of after-life to this discussion. We end up in a favorable place that is favorable to the universe not to us since we have no way of understanding the true nature of the universe. So don't worry about the after-life because I doubt that there's a chance of being one. Once you die, you die, end of story.

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 05:42 AM
LOL like a moth to a flame, Sirc will be back. Something will be said and he will shallow it, but it will sit there in the pit of his stomach churning until he can stand it no longer .... Hide and watch. :D

EXEcution
11-04-2006, 05:44 AM
I await eagerly!! MUHAHAHA! Ahem..

Sirc
11-04-2006, 05:48 AM
What is after-life in the first place? According to the American/Wester belief system life isn't circular so I see no correlation of after-life to this discussion. We end up in a favorable place that is favorable to the universe not to us since we have no way of understanding the true nature of the universe. So don't worry about the after-life because I doubt that there's a chance of being one. Once you die, you die, end of story.

Well I assume that since this topic was about God and faith, it related to an after-life, AKA your "spirit" going to a better place and you being sentient in some sort of non-corporeal form.

And no, I'm not worried about it. I never have been. Which is why I have no use for religion.

Sirc
11-04-2006, 05:50 AM
LOL like a moth to a flame, Sirc will be back. Something will be said and he will shallow it, but it will sit there in the pit of his stomach churning until he can stand it no longer .... Hide and watch. :D

Shallow it? :confused:

I'm sorry if my posts are annoying. I'm done. I'll take my boredom somewhere else.

EXEcution
11-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Well I assume that since this topic was about God and faith, it related to an after-life, AKA your "spirit" going to a better place and you being sentient in some sort of non-corporeal form.

And no, I'm not worried about it. I never have been. Which is why I have no use for religion.
Well religion has it's use for some people, but I have no use for it. However, I cannot put myself into a position where I can condemn the beliefs of religious folk because I do not possess any "higher knowledge". To me there is no such thing. There is only knowledge and there are different forms of it which may not be compatible with each other. It's the practicality and the good that comes out of this knowledge that's important.

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Shallow it? :confused:

I'm sorry if my posts are annoying. I'm done. I'll take my boredom somewhere else.

Oh my goodness I made a spelling mistake. :rolleyes:

ME BIGGD01
11-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Believe or don't believe is what I think. I do think there is a difference though between believing and questioning.

Die Hard
11-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry if my posts are annoying. I'm done. I'll take my boredom somewhere else.LOL it's never stopped you before :D

FUS1ON
11-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I still don't see where he got the feeling that his posts are annoying from something that was said in this thread.

Mad Fox
11-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Believe or don't believe is what I think. I do think there is a difference though between believing and questioning.

I could not agree more. Its about playing with the ideas examining them and finding some universal truth for your self.

EXEcution
11-05-2006, 04:59 AM
universal truth for your self.
Sounds like a paradox to me but it is a typical assumption that people make because they lack the ability to question. Your mind is not as open as you may think it is.

Mad Fox
11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Sounds like a paradox to me but it is a typical assumption that people make because they lack the ability to question. Your mind is not as open as you may think it is.

I would like to think that most ideas come across I at least consider and take into account what may be true about them. I think that I have a liberal perspective on most issues and ideas.

MassacreAL
11-05-2006, 04:04 PM
haha shall we found Club of annoyners? :D

EXEcution
11-06-2006, 03:13 AM
I would like to think that most ideas come across I at least consider and take into account what may be true about them. I think that I have a liberal perspective on most issues and ideas.
So you adhere to a set of standards to classify your beliefs?

Mad Fox
11-06-2006, 12:39 PM
So you adhere to a set of standards to classify your beliefs?

No I use a set of commonly accepted standards to describe vey generally what i believe.