PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting in line?

Aries
11-11-2006, 01:50 AM
http://www.cleaned.be/forum/index.php?showtopic=49411

FUS1ON
11-11-2006, 02:31 AM
LOL There is always some idiot in the crowd that just has to quote the post with the pics in it.

JIMINATOR
11-11-2006, 03:52 AM
if i was a loser with no life, i would be there.

er, maybe i should be there... :wtf:

but i think i would put the $600 towards a 8800.... :)

Dan2
11-11-2006, 04:17 AM
If I were 20 years younger. I would also take shifts in line with a friend, sell it for $1800, split the $1200 profit and wait until March when they are widely available. Buy 1 get 2 free.
BTW- Aren't the pre-reserveds sold out? Meaning there won't be any available for walk-ins.

Mad Fox
11-11-2006, 04:43 AM
IF i had money i might wait in line

Sirc
11-11-2006, 04:48 AM
What's a "console"? :dunno:

EXEcution
11-11-2006, 04:58 AM
BTW- Aren't the pre-reserveds sold out? Meaning there won't be any available for walk-ins.
Not all stores will be taking pre-orders on the PS3 and Best Buy is one of those stores along with Target.

Personally I think that sitting in a chair for 10 days straight waiting for a console that has like one or two barely worthwhile launch titles takes a really determined personality and/or lack of better things to do. Maybe it was a bet or they will be paid double what the console is worth by someone they know irl.

As for me, since I was not able to pre-order a Wii in time, my camping day will begin on Saturday night (around 10PM). I'll be camping out with my friend at the local Target (about a 15 minute drive from my home) and anxiously waiting for the doors to open. Hopefully there won't be too many people there and I'll end up around 10th in line. It will be a grueling 11 hour wait but I'll prolly catch some "Z's" or take shifts with my friend. I have high hopes for the Wii, hopefully it will not disappoint.

OUTLAWS Tip
11-11-2006, 05:08 AM
I have no interest in any of them. If I did, I would just wait a couple months till they were in stock. I guess I am just not a cutting edge guy.
:D

EXEcution
11-11-2006, 05:13 AM
http://www.cleaned.be/forum/index.php?showtopic=49411
Well it looks like the outcome of this has already been determined by the Best Buy managers and police.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/ps3-campers-removed-from-burbank-best-buy-214082.php

Sirc
11-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Well it looks like the outcome of this has already been determined by the Best Buy managers and police.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/ps3-campers-removed-from-burbank-best-buy-214082.php

"Please don't take pictures of the store" - WTF? Has Bush pushed through secret legislation now that prevents you from taking pictures of Best Buy stores?

EXEcution
11-11-2006, 05:30 AM
"Please don't take pictures of the store" - WTF? Has Bush pushed through secret legislation now that prevents you from taking pictures of Best Buy stores?
The manager was obviously being a douche and/or scared of what the "pseudo-journalists" were going to do with the pic. Plus Best Buy is a corporation they have their own policies.

Ra\/en
11-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Ill take my 360 and Gears of War thank you very much.

rancid monkey
11-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Ill take my 360 and Gears of War thank you very much.

haha same here :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM

That's actually quite a common policy among those chain-type stores. I know that when I worked at mcdonalds, we were strictly forbidden from being in anyone's picture, and were supposed to tell people to stop taking them if they did, followed by contacting a manager if the situation continued. It basically comes down to the store not knowing what the intent of the picture is, and not wanting to be slandered by it, I think.

Mad Fox
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
That's actually quite a common policy among those chain-type stores. I know that when I worked at mcdonalds, we were strictly forbidden from being in anyone's picture, and were supposed to tell people to stop taking them if they did, followed by contacting a manager if the situation continued. It basically comes down to the store not knowing what the intent of the picture is, and not wanting to be slandered by it, I think.

That would make perfect sense. Who knows what someone's real intent is?

EXEcution
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I got a chance to reserve a Wii at a nearby Toys R Us on Sunday. Their weekly circular said that they would be taking preorders again. The stores open at 10:00AM on Sundays so I got there at around 9:00AM. There were about 17 people already in line. At the very front was a mother and her son who supposedly camped out all night from Saturday (suckers!). So at around 9:30 the store manager walked out and started handing out the reserve tickets. Now I am guaranteed to have a Wii by 10:00AM next Sunday. So much for camping out. :)

On another note I actually got to play a Wii at a Gamestop. The only thing you could do is make a Mii and play Excite Truck. I was hoping for a Red Steel demo but no such luck. The control scheme took a bit of getting used to and since I am horrible at racing games it didn't come easy. However, the on-screen pointer was responsive and pretty easy to move around. The picture didn't look too good on the HDTV set they had the Wii set up on. There was a good amount of distortion and artifacts so I would probably recommend either changing your HDTV (if you own one) signal to 480i or 480p to get the best look. Or just hook it up to your regular TV.