PDA

View Full Version : Remember Them!

Mad Fox
11-11-2006, 09:21 PM
PLEASE REMEMBER OUR VETERANS THIS WEEKEND.

http://www.sandi.net/events/constitution_day/american_flag_closeup.jpg
They are the ones who truely give.

Die Hard
11-11-2006, 09:29 PM
I've been buying Poppy's all week.

Do you guys get them over the Pond?

Sirc
11-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I think we mostly just put up American flags to honor our fallen. I haven't heard of the poppy thing.

Hail to our men and women that have given their lives for their country. The ultimate sacrifice. My sincerest respect to you all.

Mad Fox
11-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I've been buying Poppy's all week.

Do you guys get them over the Pond?

Yes the disabled veterns sell them around memorial day here. That is what they do in New England region.

Die Hard
11-11-2006, 10:14 PM
After the First World War the ground was so churned up after all the shelling. Apparently Poppy's like nothing more than freshly churned earth and so they grew in their millions on the death fields of Northern Europe immediately after the war ended. What a sight after all the killing!

We buy Poppy's (made of paper) around this time of year and each donation goes towards helping the relatives of every veteran that ever gave their lives fighting for democracy. :)

FUS1ON
11-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Veterans you have my sincerest thanks and gratitude for the things you have given and done for your country.

FUS1ON
11-13-2006, 06:55 AM
A bitch about America thread easily goes 2-3 pages, but a thread to give thanks to the ones that keep you safe hardly gets squat.

Mad Fox
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
A bitch about American thread easily goes 2-3 pages, but a thread to give thanks to the ones that keep you safe hardly gets squat.

Look at this way Sho its good. What they fought for people are using and taking avantage of :FREEDOM

BobtheCkroach
11-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I was away for the weekend, but a definite thanks for the sacrifices that past veterans made and that current veterans are making everyday! :thumbs: