PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Alcohol Detectors

Death Engineer
11-21-2006, 01:25 AM
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005582682

A new report says that the U.S. should fit vehicles with alcohol detectors in an effort to combat deadly drunk driving.

What do you think about that? Personally, I'm all for this sort of thing. If you're going to do the crime, I think of this as part of the time.

merkwannabe
11-21-2006, 01:56 AM
why not! if they could find a way to detect bac levels without making the driver go through tons of loops and circles to start the car.

FUS1ON
11-21-2006, 02:22 AM
I would love to see it happen but on the other hand I believe shortly after it comes out, someone would have the means to disable it or a temporary workaround.

TheMaster
11-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Nothing here for me to oppose, it all seems like a great idea.

Sirc
11-21-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey buddy, I'll give ya $5 to blow into this tube so I can start my car.

Stupidity. Not to mention that new cars are plenty expensive enough without adding crap like that. I don't even like it that the radio continues to play when I turn off my car. Everyone wants to take control away from you. Everyone knows what's best for you. Enough already. Personal responsibility and personal choice are getting harder and harder to come by these days.

NastyDawg
11-21-2006, 02:50 AM
I thinks it a good idea that needs a lot of thought before anything like this could be done. I just see to many problems with ways to bypass it, plus as Sirc said the cost factor as well.

Nick
11-21-2006, 03:29 AM
only if you already got caught...

and maybe say.. you got stopped at twice the limit or more...

JIMINATOR
11-21-2006, 03:55 AM
why don't they make them mandatory instead for everyone ever convicted of a dui? i know some judges impose them but most don't. this would be a better solution than increasing the price of every car sold by $500-$1000.

Slice
11-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I think they should just install a lie detector instead. Then when you get in the car drunk, the car will ask you if you have been drinking. If you lie it will shock the hell out of you, lock all the doors trapping you inside the car and then it calls the police. :P