PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo wii

jeoO
12-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Are you getting a Nintendo wii console?

What do you think you will like or dislike about it?

Xeno
12-05-2006, 02:14 PM
he is not spamming :hmmm:

No, I'll with computer

EXEcution
12-05-2006, 02:30 PM
I got one for my brother. So far is seems like a pretty cool system. Nintendo or some 3rd party developers just need to release some online titles. The wii-mote is neat and I perfer it over the standard analog stick controller.

BobtheCkroach
12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm expecting it from Santa for Christmas, and greatly looking forward to it.

Johnny Knoxville
12-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah i like that its cool console :)

Rivers
12-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I think its fun and I'm still trying to track one down here where I live. Coincidentally, I actually found a stack of PS3's here at my local Best Buy but no Wii. I had the PS3 in my hands then told myself "nah" and put it back. I only had enough cash on me for the 20gig version anyway.

Caged Anger
12-16-2006, 06:13 AM
should be noted that Nintendo is offering free replacement straps for the console in a voluntary recall. The order form can be found on the website

www.nintendo.com

Digital Fighter
12-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Im not getting a Wii,becouse im getting an Xbox360 :D,but is good,is a different console :thumbs:

iksdee
12-16-2006, 07:44 PM
like always nintendo will release 5-10 good games and end of system...

i trust only sony right now...

Dangerous Dan
12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah, but a PS3 really won't be worth it (unless you really want a blue-ray player) until at least october 2007. Final fantasy won't be out for at least another 10 months, same with Metal Gear. Meanwhile the 360 has Blue Dragon (from the creator of final fantasy, already out in Japan) and Lost Planet (January 16th) early next year, and the console costs a few hundred dollars less.

Even though i own a Wii, I do agree though that the Wii will suffer from a similar first half of the year... i think the only games worth getting before March are Wario Ware, Sonic and the Secret Rings... and then Suda 51's "No More Heroes" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HGtgqw3IsVI) in July... they orginally said mario strikers and battalion Wars 2 would be out before March, but they recently pushed them back. But on the plus side the launch games were healthy, zelda, trauma centre, rayman, and metal slug anthology should keep me satisfied for the time being...

Dangerous Dan
12-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Not looking forward to Mario, galaxy?

Also, one thing that harder to value is the fact that there is a seemingly weekly update for the virtual console, providing other games to keep you occupied.

that's a good point with the VC thing. there's a ton of stuff i've never played that i plan on downloading during the gaming draught - Gunstar Heroes, Bonk's adventure, and RiStar to name my most anticipated. As for Mario Galaxy, i doubt we'll see it before August - same goes with Smash Brothers. As for (wii) games in 2006 that i'm going to look into:

Disaster: Day of Crisis (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BHaItCFGI_g)
Dragon Quest
Battalion Wars 2 (http://wii.ign.com/objects/849/849911.html) (I loved the first one, and this one's gonna have online coop and battle)
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (http://wii.ign.com/objects/826/826992.html)
Red Steel 2 (as long as it has online play and Ubisoft changes the controls to be more like CoD3/FarCry, or better)
and of course Mario, and the reason for owning a Wii, Smash Bros.

Dangerous Dan
12-17-2006, 02:01 AM
edit: strange... why are my posts above, when they should be below?

BobtheCkroach
12-17-2006, 02:06 AM
yeah, but a PS3 really won't be worth it (unless you really want a blue-ray player) until at least october 2007. Final fantasy won't be out for at least another 10 months, same with Metal Gear. Meanwhile the 360 has Blue Dragon (from the creator of final fantasy, already out in Japan) and Lost Planet (January 16th) early next year, and the console costs a few hundred dollars less.

Even though i own a Wii, I do agree though that the Wii will suffer from a similar first half of the year... i think the only games worth getting before March are Wario Ware, Sonic and the Secret Rings... and then Suda 51's "No More Heroes" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HGtgqw3IsVI) in July... they orginally said mario strikers and battalion Wars 2 would be out before March, but they recently pushed them back. But on the plus side the launch games were healthy, zelda, trauma centre, rayman, and metal slug anthology should keep me satisfied for the time being...

Not looking forward to Mario, galaxy?

Also, one thing that harder to value is the fact that there is a seemingly weekly update for the virtual console, providing other games to keep you occupied.

EXEcution
12-17-2006, 04:49 AM
edit: strange... why are my posts above, when they should be below?

It's happened to me before, some forum bug. Anyway about the Wii in comparison to the Xbox360 and PS3 it's been said so many times before they are competing in almost two different markets. There should be very few comparisons drawn between the 360/PS3 and the Wii in terms of graphics (which to many translates to good games) along with the types of games the systems will be getting. The Wii won't have Halo 3, GTA, MGS, or any of the popular non-Nintendo franchises. Personally I love MGS so whenever my friend gets his PS3 I'll be sure to check it out but there is no way that I will dish out $600 for a console that I will use to simply game on. For me DVD quality video is fine for now, I have internet access and everything else the PS3 offers in terms of software on my PC. Same with the 360. The Wii is something different so I like it.

BobtheCkroach
12-17-2006, 05:51 AM
that's a good point with the VC thing. there's a ton of stuff i've never played that i plan on downloading during the gaming draught - Gunstar Heroes, Bonk's adventure, and RiStar to name my most anticipated. As for Mario Galaxy, i doubt we'll see it before August - same goes with Smash Brothers. As for (wii) games in 2006 that i'm going to look into:

Disaster: Day of Crisis (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BHaItCFGI_g)
Dragon Quest
Battalion Wars 2 (http://wii.ign.com/objects/849/849911.html) (I loved the first one, and this one's gonna have online coop and battle)
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (http://wii.ign.com/objects/826/826992.html)
Red Steel 2 (as long as it has online play and Ubisoft changes the controls to be more like CoD3/FarCry, or better)
and of course Mario, and the reason for owning a Wii, Smash Bros.

They've stated that Smash Bros. isn't due out til the fall, but I believe Galaxy still has a March release date. I certainly hope so. Next to Zelda, that's easily the title that I want the most. I wanted so badly for a mario 64: 2 on the GC, and I want it now that they're doing it.

Digital Fighter
12-17-2006, 11:56 AM
It's happened to me before, some forum bug. Anyway about the Wii in comparison to the Xbox360 and PS3 it's been said so many times before they are competing in almost two different markets. There should be very few comparisons drawn between the 360/PS3 and the Wii in terms of graphics (which to many translates to good games) along with the types of games the systems will be getting. The Wii won't have Halo 3, GTA, MGS, or any of the popular non-Nintendo franchises. Personally I love MGS so whenever my friend gets his PS3 I'll be sure to check it out but there is no way that I will dish out $600 for a console that I will use to simply game on. For me DVD quality video is fine for now, I have internet access and everything else the PS3 offers in terms of software on my PC. Same with the 360. The Wii is something different so I like it.

I'm getting a 360 for Xmas with the game "Gears of War".I like more the 360 than the other consoles becouse has very good graphics,(not as good as PS3),and with it you can see:DvD's,images,music,etc..Is very good console and is much less expensive than the PS3.And i love it from the outside :D .
And for play online , do i have to pay something??

EXEcution
12-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm getting a 360 for Xmas with the game "Gears of War".I like more the 360 than the other consoles becouse has very good graphics,(not as good as PS3),and with it you can see:DvD's,images,music,etc..Is very good console and is much less expensive than the PS3.And i love it from the outside :D .
And for play online , do i have to pay something??
Actually the 360 is capable of producing higher quality graphics than the PS3. You do have to pay a monthly fee to play online or you can buy cards that give you credit for online play/downloads.

Dangerous Dan
12-18-2006, 01:16 AM
yep, with graphics like Gears of War after merely one year on the market it's scary to think of how great Halo 3 is gonna look in 2007...

EXEcution
12-18-2006, 01:55 AM
yep, with graphics like Gears of War after merely one year on the market it's scary to think of how great Halo 3 is gonna look in 2007...
Screens have already been released. To me it looks just as good as Gears of War. Currently developers are reaching a point where you can't really make the game appear any more realistic than say a film. Almost all next-gen graphics are near CG quality (think Pixar) and the physics being implemented into almost every game make it all the more realistic. With the advent of DX10 hardware and games we will be seeing very realistic graphics at a smooth framerate.

Digital Fighter
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM

Maybe that will be next game i will buy.

SoulReaver
12-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Weather Channel just came out a few days ago. Pretty nifty, although I wish they used a source that had forecasts for all individual towns.

Dangerous Dan
12-22-2006, 08:39 AM
the opera web browser came out today (beta version), youtube on my tv here i come :D