PDA

View Full Version : My New Puppy

BobtheCkroach
12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
We got our first puppy! Her name's holly and she's 12 weeks old. She's a lab/hound mix.

http://www.andyandbrittany.com/albums/holly/album/index.html

She's such a cutie! :)

Mad Fox
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
What a pretty Pup

EXEcution
12-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Nice dog and nice website! The room in those pics looks like it can use some refurnishing.

Pure_Evil
12-05-2006, 08:19 PM
she looks like you :P

happy house breaking :D

If you got the puppy first, you wouldn't needed the wife :)

Silverfox
12-05-2006, 08:52 PM
What a cutie.. love the name too, my dog called Lara...lol.
Hope she bring you lots of happiness.:thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
12-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Nice dog and nice website! The room in those pics looks like it can use some refurnishing.

It's definitely a work in progress.

We got a good deal, though. We work on the house (he pays for materials) and in return we get a 2-story house w/ a living room, dining room, office, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, full bathroom, and half bathroom for $400 a month.

That room is the dining room. You didn't get to see much of it. When I started working on it last winter, the walls were white, the trim was goofy light blue colored...it was really really bad. I've been working on it very part-time, as I didn't actually move into it (or within 100 miles of it) until the beginning of this summer. Even then, I was going back home every weekend to see my wife and whatnot, so I didn't get to put a ton of time into it. We've taken a very leisurely approach to fixing it up. We've painted the walls already. At this point we're pretty much just gonna start hitting it hard after the new year. We've got a bit more work getting the paint off of the trim, then we need to stain it. Finally we're sanding and refinishing the floors. We need to do that in the living room, dining room and kitchen and we'll have the downstairs done.

BobtheCkroach
12-05-2006, 08:57 PM
she looks like you :P

happy house breaking :D

If you got the puppy first, you wouldn't needed the wife :)

Hardy har har, aren't you funny :P

House breaking Holly honestly hasn't been too bad thus far. She's not got it perfect yet, by any means, but she holds it til she gets out of her cage every time, so we just need to watch her better until she gets it down completely.

JIMINATOR
12-05-2006, 09:56 PM
cute dog. :thumbs: they make for some good eating while they are young,
sort of like veal, not so much when they get older, the meat gets tough and stringy...

Sepra
12-05-2006, 10:22 PM
What a cutie. Crate training is definitely the way to go! :thumbs:

P.S. Wow, what a deal on your rent. Can't complain about that, geez!! I love the color you painted btw. It's similar to what I want to paint my bedroom.

Goober
12-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Jim.....shame on you....Got a good sauce recipe to go with that?

Cute pup there Bob, That kind of mix goes real well with little kids, they'll put up with about anything.
I'm with Sepra, that's a great price on that house. Now if you could get him to sell it to you when you're done.

Fifth
12-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Really nice :)

BobtheCkroach
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
What a cutie. Crate training is definitely the way to go! :thumbs:

I most definitely agree! :thumbs:

P.S. Wow, what a deal on your rent. Can't complain about that, geez!! I love the color you painted btw. It's similar to what I want to paint my bedroom.

Thanks! That was actually britt's choice, I prefer the living room myself (maroon), but I like both! I'll most likely post some pics when we finally finish it all.

FUS1ON
12-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Nice addition to the family .... Woof! :D

Ma)N(iac
12-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Cool Dog :) Send A Picture When It gets BIG...

Xeno
12-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Cool Dog :) Send A Picture When It gets BIG...

Yeah its sweet, but how will it looks when it grows up?

btw Maniac you forgot to write

gets
with capital
You can thank me later:thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
12-06-2006, 12:40 AM
It shouldn't get *that* big. We've been told a full lab is about 60, and a hound is a bit more. But this dog's mom was awfully small (45 pounds) so we're thinking that Holly should be around 60 pounds. This is a big compromise considering that I lived in a family that has 2 dachshunds (20 & 25 pounds) and she came from a family that has a full-blood St. Bernard (200+ pounds) and a St. Bernard/Retreiver/Newfoundland mix (120 pounds)

NastyDawg
12-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Cute puppy Bob, any dawg is a good addition to the family.http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/3.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/4.gif

Die Hard
12-06-2006, 09:26 PM
she holds it til she gets out of her cage every time, so we just need to watch her better until she gets it down completely.Use newspaper :thumbs:

The Priest
12-06-2006, 09:54 PM
i got new puppys there great but the shit in the morning is a bit mmm but hey it takes time they can be one of the family nice dog :thumbs:

Black Rose
12-07-2006, 07:32 AM
aweee such a cutie :wub:
nice pics Bob :)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
12-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Cute little guy, thanks for sharing your pictures. :)