PDA

View Full Version : Racesim Drivers Vs. EA

FUS1ON
12-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Yes, it's another anti EA thread. :P

I ran across this at one of the race sim sites that I visit and they might be on to something.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/665707461

rFactor is closing in but the most popular NASCAR type game today is NASCAR Racing 2003 put out by Papyrus and is no available in stores. New it sold for like $20, today it sells for $70 (if you are real lucky) and up on eBay. EA has the rights to the NASCAR name and has put out crap games lately and the fans of that game are PO'd. Sound familiar huh? :rolleyes:

Anyways I wish them luck in their efforts.

NastyDawg
12-09-2006, 12:45 AM
I think that could be done for just about all of their titles.

Dan2
12-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Good luck. EA has the Nascar license through 2010. Wasn't the most recent EA offering,Nascar SimRacing, supposed to be pretty good?

I have Nascar 2002 by Sierra ----> very difficult when set to 95%.
Also have Nascar Heat (2000?) by Hasbro and MGI.

EXEcution
12-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Personally I don't think games should be judged by what license the developer holds and uses to promote the game. For me it's always been about how it plays for ME, and how much enjoyment I can get out of playing it. Not being partial to racing games I can only say that as long as the game has vehicles that look and drive like real cars then it's a legit racing game in my book.

JIMINATOR
12-09-2006, 07:14 AM
645 people in 3 months? looks like nobody cares. they need to publicize their site on some major sites if they want anything to happen. like maybe get inquirer to run a story.