PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations

Caged Anger
01-12-2007, 10:28 PM
When do you take them down?

I've already take out the tree and the lights are off the house

EXEcution
01-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Usually a week after Christmas. My mom makes me since I enjoy the lights and tree so much I want to keep it up year round.

TheMaster
01-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Right after the New Year we take them down.

OUTLAWS Tip
01-13-2007, 03:08 AM
"Twelve Nights of Christmas." The tree is put up on December 24 and taken down after New Years or on January 6, known as "Twelfth Night." So The Twelfth Night, when the festivities are finally - formally - over is the traditional removal time.

Well if you are Catholic you are supposed to take them down after Epiphany. This year Epiphany was on Saturday January 6th. As told by my father you leave them up till Epiphany which is when the three Wise Men showed up bearing gifts to the baby Jesus.
:D

NightBreed
01-13-2007, 03:58 AM
I always thought that's what Easter weekend was for...

NastyDawg
01-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Well if you are Catholic you are supposed to take them down after Epiphany.
:D

Yes this is what I do.

BobtheCkroach
01-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I tend to be the opposite of most people. I like to put them up early, but once Christmas is over, lights go away.

I usually put up my tree (this was my first year in my own house now that I've moved out of my parents, but continuing the way they do it...) on Thanksgiving weekend.

Traditionally we do it fairly fast, b/c the rule in our house is that the first eggnog of the year cannot be consumed until when you're putting up the tree, and we love eggnog, so we're usually itching to put it up.

So I put it up on Thanksgivign weekend, but the tree comes down soon after, too. It came down on wednesday the 27th, this year, as that was the first chance there was.

FUS1ON
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I was a slacker this year, it was about a week after 'Christ'mas that the outside lights got taken down. The tree came down on the 27th.