PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Bauer

Bingo
01-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Good god - holy crap!

I swear this show freakin wears me out by the end of the hour....

I know ND watches. Anyone else?

B

Death Engineer
01-23-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm addicted. What can I say? :grin: I've seen all but season 5, so I'm missing a few things. But he is one bad dude. A bit predictable now with the beating the crap out of his brother thing. But still... he's like the new Chuck Norris. :)

NastyDawg
01-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Keeps you wanting for more, I get such a let down after each show knowing I have to wait a week for the next hour.

BobtheCkroach
01-23-2007, 01:49 PM
My boss has gotten me to watch just enough that I'm interested, and just little enough to know not to watch the show on TV, and just wait and collect on DVD, where I can watch at my pace.

Also, I don't get FOX up here.

NastyDawg
01-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Bob how do you live up there, so few channels, No ESPN, FOX, Oh well I hate to say it, but better you than me. (and I'm not really a TV watcher either)

SoulReaver
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I love the show, although I found last night's episode to be a little boring.

BobtheCkroach
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
The ESPN and such is b/c I haven't gone through the process of purchasing satellite programming, yet (I live 2.5 miles past the limit on cable TV in the area).

As for fox, i'm just in a dead zone. The nearest one comes from across Lake Michigan, apparently, as I get that fuzzy from time to time.

I look forward to the day that I purchase satellite TV and internet (as there's no wired internet except dialup here), but so long as life keeps throwing $600 fuel bills and car trouble at me, I think I'll go without.

I'm hoping to have the internet and TV programming sometime this summer. In the meantime, I have a TON of DVDs and TV series that keep me busy.

I never get sick of watching seinfeld. I own 7 seasons of that.

Bingo
01-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I love the show, although I found last night's episode to be a little boring.

For me, I didn't find it boring. I did, however, find it to be one of the episodes that I call "story" episodes.

It's one of the slower paced ones where characters are being introduced/moved around/set-up for larger things to happen down the line.

I actually sort of enjoy those to. It's almost like a breather in between the 'HOLY GOD!' moments. :)

B

NastyDawg
01-23-2007, 09:56 PM

I agree with Bingo, and it's also hard to follow up a nuke going off. They had to bring it back down a little to get you all worked for for the next big OMG moment.

SoulReaver
01-25-2007, 09:23 PM
The reason I didn't like the episode was because at the end of the 4th hour Jack quit and was very dispirited. Suddenly, he is back to his old self. I guess you could argue the nuke made him continue his job, but I didn't buy it. Then, he kills his brother for not a very good reason (I'm assuming he doesn't know about how his brother was behind the plan in the last season).